for those having problems downloading make sure u have the latest appworld i just purchased it no problems...only issues i had were the same as everyone else....can't access the options menu...if things change i'll make sure to post.
    08-25-10 11:36 PM
    I ended up switching to PatternLock. I wanted StormSlider to work (looks cool, imo, and easy), but the little bugs bothered me. PatternLock works well and has some themes so it looks pretty cool, too.
    08-26-10 12:56 AM
    I ditched PatternLock Lite because I found it clumsy to connect the dots, even with the simplest two-dot pattern. I tried StormSlider Free, and vastly preferred its means of unlocking.

Since the free version doesn't auto lock, I sprung for the $3 for the paid version from App World, and it works fine with the noted exception of the options.

The only thing I really need in options is to let the screen dim completely when the backlight times out. Right now it just partially dims when the Torch is sitting there, with the "slide to unlock" animation moving. Can't be good for the battery.
    08-30-10 07:05 AM
    I ditched PatternLock Lite because I found it clumsy to connect the dots, even with the simplest two-dot pattern. I tried StormSlider Free, and vastly preferred its means of unlocking.

Since the free version doesn't auto lock, I sprung for the $3 for the paid version from App World, and it works fine with the noted exception of the options.

The only thing I really need in options is to let the screen dim completely when the backlight times out. Right now it just partially dims when the Torch is sitting there, with the "slide to unlock" animation moving. Can't be good for the battery.

I also had some problems with using a pattern on PatternLock but I set the lock as a single dot and I disabled the tray so the dots were almost invisiible. I now know exactly where the correct "dot" is and touching it works really well.
    And the paid version of PatternLock is mucher better with a lot of appearance options(including dot colors and tray colors) and BerryWeather integration.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by tellsells; 08-30-10 at 07:28 AM.
    08-30-10 07:21 AM
    I also had some problems with using a pattern on PatternLock but I set the lock as a single dot and I disabled the tray so the dots were almost invisiible. I now know exactly where the correct "dot" is and touching it works really well.

Huh, hadn't thought about just using a single dot. Well, there goes $3, lol!

Not to veer off-topic, tellsells, but I know you use the BeWeather wallpaper option with your Torch -- have you found that your wallpaper is grossly enlarged sometimes (like when waking the screen up, etc.)? This happens at least a couple of times a day with me, and I have to reselect the wallpaper image to fix it.
    08-30-10 07:30 AM
    Huh, hadn't thought about just using a single dot. Well, there goes $3, lol!

Not to veer off-topic, tellsells, but I know you use the BeWeather wallpaper option with your Torch -- have you found that your wallpaper is grossly enlarged sometimes (like when waking the screen up, etc.)? This happens at least a couple of times a day with me, and I have to reselect the wallpaper image to fix it.
    Yes, I have the exact same problem but I fix it by opening BerryWeather and hitting "A" for advisories and then closing BerryWeather.
    EDIT: I just posted this on Bellshare's forum.
    Last edited by tellsells; 08-30-10 at 07:56 AM.
    08-30-10 07:47 AM
    I have the same issue, it rotates the weather info and your wallpaper to landscape mode and it does not rotate back. I have been opening settings and resaving the wallpaper, I will try the "A" trick thanks Jaz! We all should report this, maybe drive a fix.
    08-30-10 07:56 AM
    I have the same issue, it rotates the weather info and your wallpaper to landscape mode and it does not rotate back. I have been opening settings and resaving the wallpaper, I will try the "A" trick thanks Jaz! We all should report this, maybe drive a fix.
    I think you are exactly right. If your device gets locked when in landscape and Berryweather updates, your icon stays locked on the bigger size. If your device is locked (and stays in portrait) when BW updates then there is no problem.
    08-30-10 11:00 AM
    I even installed LockTilt, thinking it would solve the issue if the home screen did not tilt, but that did not work. I tried to lock the tilt on BerryWeather, and it will not allow it. I submitted a service ticket, but have yet to receive a response.
    08-30-10 11:06 AM
    I think you are exactly right. If your device gets locked when in landscape and Berryweather updates, your icon stays locked on the bigger size. If your device is locked (and stays in portrait) when BW updates then there is no problem.
    Good catch, tellsells -- I just forced an update in BW while in landscape, let the device lock, and when I flipped back to portrait and unlocked, there was the wallpaper w/icon from landscape mode showing up in portrait mode.
    08-30-10 11:16 AM
    It is not compatible with Torch. I wrote the developer who responded so. I am using patternlock application

08-30-10 11:33 AM
    It is not compatible with Torch. I wrote the developer who responded so. I am using patternlock application

You actually got a response? I had heard he wasn't responding at all because he had been deluged by email because of this. Did he tell you if he was going to release a version for the Torch or upgrade the present version?

In any event, the basic function of the paid StormSlider, which is all I really need, works with the Torch fine. I would like to try the Options to tweak it, but I can wait a while I suppose. Although there does seem to be some battery drain.
    08-30-10 12:03 PM
    You actually got a response? I had heard he wasn't responding at all because he had been deluged by email because of this. Did he tell you if he was going to release a version for the Torch or upgrade the present version?

In any event, the basic function of the paid StormSlider, which is all I really need, works with the Torch fine. I would like to try the Options to tweak it, but I can wait a while I suppose. Although there does seem to be some battery drain.
    I didn't even realize this thread was still active..
    I emailed the developer after i bought it and never received a response. Kinda sucked because i really liked the app. I ultimately ended up deleting it because without the options it was annoying. Especially when i had to hit the lock button AND slide the slider to unlock.
    08-30-10 12:51 PM

I got the same email others here did from MobiHand stating he IS working on a Torch compatible version, and the way I see it it should just be a free upgrade if you've already pruchased since the current version states it's compatible with the 9800 when it clearly isn't.

I was using the free version but I wanted it integrated with the lock button (free version only activated by using the icon) so I purchased the paid version in AppWorld. It works with the lock button to lock but you have to hit the lock button to unlock THEN slide to unlock, which I don't like. PatternLock doesn't require hitting the lock button first, and I like how customizable it is, but I like the look of the slider button of StormSlider. Back to PatternLock for now until we see what happens with StormSlider.
    08-30-10 03:00 PM
    I just downloaded the update version of BerrySlider (Storm Slider) and it is working great.

You can edit your options on this version.

Just make sure you are getting the version that is for the Torch 9800.
    09-07-10 12:27 AM
    I bought it on App World, which still shows the same version (5.1) of Storm Slider. Why doesn't the guy update his offering there? I'm not about to pay twice for this thing.
    09-07-10 06:38 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD