Hey guys, I have a little concern about my Torch. I'm not sure if this issue has already been posted, but does anyone else have problems witheir Back button right next to the trackpad? If I depress it even lightly, I will have a sort of sticky sound when I lift my finger up. It's as if the sticker under the buttons isn't secured properly. I'm sorry if I can't really describe the issue, but it really bothers me to have that sound. Does anyone have this problem too? And if there is a way to fix it? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-01-10 09:12 AM
    I have that too. It's annoying, but I'm not sure what can be done about it. I assume it's a minor design flaw.
    11-01-10 09:51 AM
    Rogers Torch in Canada. Also a stiff MUTE key on top. Just doesn't click like the Standby key, eh? Replacement should be in tomorrow. will report back if there is any improvement.
    11-01-10 10:05 AM
    I have the EXACT same issue as the OP. I will fix it eventually....
    Build quality is really lack IMO, faithful crackberry user for 5 years but RIM may have lost me with this model.

Iphone5?
    11-01-10 11:02 AM
    I have the same button issues as the OP. I'm still within the 30 day period since I purchased it and am kicking the idea of an exchange around. My trackpad is a little tilted as well. Neither of these were noticeable in the store when I spent about 2 hours with the phone prior to purchase. Other than those minor items the phone is solid. No wobble / wiggle in the slider and no software issues.
    11-01-10 11:36 AM
    Thanks for the quick response guys. Yeah I guess there's not much that I can do as I'm abroad for school. I bought the phone back in the States, and I'm already past the 30 day period. I just have to live with it then. RIM should have done better with build quality. I expected more from a company like RIM you know?
    11-01-10 12:27 PM
    I have the EXACT same issue as the OP. I will fix it eventually....
    Build quality is really lack IMO, faithful crackberry user for 5 years but RIM may have lost me with this model.

Iphone5?
    iphone5 hehe. let me know if you find a fix for this issue. i've been a faithful crackberry user as well. just disappointed as small things get me ticked off hehe.
    11-01-10 12:29 PM
    For me the end button is very stiff. I mean when I press the button to end the call, i feel as if the key has not registered the push but it has. Dunno what it is.
    11-01-10 01:37 PM
    I fixed this.

I used a tiny precision flathead screwdriver to lift the front panel, wedging it between the bottom bezel and front panel (i never fully removed the panel, just flipped it up) and applied one tiny drop of superglue for each button and let it dry. It feels A LOT better and no sticky noise anymore.

Please keep in mind, I already voided my warranty on the torch, so I wouldn't really recommend doing this, but it worked for me.

Cheers
    11-02-10 07:49 PM
    Same problem here with that button and i mentioned in another thread. i will try what @Sumantix said im hoping il fix thet problem is soooooooo annoying sticky sound.
    11-02-10 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD