I switched from 9700 to a Motorola Atrix, it's good phone; but always missed my BBM, and other features that were a lot easier on BB then Android... i.e. calendar feature, alarm, instant notification on email --- just to name a few, now I have the Torch and it's been good; had some issues earlier but so far with latest updates.. it's solid
    05-17-11 12:08 AM
    I love the screen size on the inspire but I am trying to figure out what I want most. I wish I could afford to keep both.
    05-17-11 01:42 PM
    I have to say, out of all the phones I've owned I love my bb the most. I have another year and a half before I upgrade and I'm hoping by then they'll have some amazing new BB phones so that I don't ever hesitate to buy it. They only reason I would go to an Andriod phone is if they come out with a phone that far surpasses any other phone out there. I mean come on at the end of the day when you spend your money you wanna know that your getting the best deal for the money that your putting down.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 04:31 PM
    I'm considering the Xperia Arc!!

Any thoughts guys?
    05-17-11 04:42 PM
    I love my BB very much but, I will be purchasing an Iphone here pretty soon and I know i'm going to miss my BB dearly. Android phones are very nice but I absolutely hate the battery life on them.
    05-17-11 05:15 PM
    You are not using Desktop Manager 1.0 on Windows Millennium Edition are you?

If your computer has the specs to run Desktop Manager 6.02, I suggest you download it right away. You will see a whole new World on how to manage the OS of your blackberry.

6.02 shows you the OS upgrades and downgrades that are available. Select the OS, select backup and restore, go have a coffee and come back 30 minutes later and it is all done. All your settings, 3rd party apps, themes, ringtones, etc.

It sounds like you are using DOS and JL Commander or something.

If an OS install took me 5 hours, I would chuck my Blackberry after 60 minutes and would be getting an Android phone or iphone.

OS upgrades on my Android phone are even easier. It is all done OTA.

PM me if you need instructions on how to do the OS in 30 minutes or less.
    Either DM 5 or 6, running on Windows 7. It's at the latest update anyways. Also have latest version installed on a Mac OS X Snow Leapord laptop.
    05-17-11 07:24 PM
    Definitely interested on owning an android as a 2nd device myself, but lack of security compared to BB is a downfall

check this link: 99% of Android handsets vulnerable to account credential theft
    05-17-11 08:51 PM
    05-17-11 11:37 PM
    With latest privacy hack vulnerability of the Android OS, sticking with RIM thank you very much.

05-18-11 04:39 PM
    Get an android.

05-18-11 06:50 PM
    I want angry birds on my torch
    05-19-11 04:24 AM
    i just came back from the Android and Apple world. im glad to be back with my torch and playbook.
    05-19-11 04:27 AM
    For gods sake get the android device you think you'll want and try it out for a few days. If you don't like it return it for the BB you want. Whats so hard about that? A 5 page thread on whether to switch to an android device or not, now that is truly hilarious.
    05-19-11 04:45 AM
    If I could get that on my torch there would be no question on which device I would keep.
    05-19-11 08:26 AM
    I've had this debate with myself and others many times. When the Motorola Atrix came out the I-need-overkill in me creamed its pants. However, I kept coming back to this observation: What exactly do you want to use your phone for? I own and operate my own business, so productivity, ease of use and reliability are huge factors for me when deciding on a phone. I'm not a big gamer or web browser, so that portion doesn't impress me. What I've noticed about people at the bar, at church, at work, etc is as follows; The younger crowd that has been raised by video entertainment eats Android/iPhone up. They can't get enough. I have a young kid working for me, straight out of college, that can't stand the thought of putting his phone in his pocket (HTC Inspire) literally, all day it sits on his desk... And I can almost see him twitch with anticipation for me to not notice him playing Angry Birds and wasting time. My business partner and I are in our 40s, and we stick to BlackBerry like stink on ****. For us it makes too much sense. Clean, simple, reliable. So it comes down to who you are and what you want your phone to do: I see young people at the bar with their Androids/iPhones that will sit there, ignoring the beautiful young lady across the bar from them, playing on their phone as they gingerly sip their draft beer. To me, that's just not the type of person I am. I don't want to sound like BlackBerry is lame, but I have no problem with not having an excuse to pull out my phone during a meeting or while enjoying drinks with women half my age =D.

I think it's just a generation thing, and as someone stated before the Android platform is great for developers. BlackBerry is no frills and I think us old-timers like that in our phones. I hear a lot of people complaining that BlackBerry hasn't changed their look and feel in 10 years. I'm ok with that, I don't want to re-learn something I *need* for my business.
    05-20-11 10:44 AM
    I recently switched from iphone,yet again. Iphone has a lot of limitations. Never going back. Had a android before that. Androids are good phones if your really into apps. I liked my droid better than my bold. Now I got this torch and I love it! I will never use another phone. Unless there is a torch 2

Kuhns likes this.
    05-20-11 11:52 PM
    I love when people mention that they're Torch's are the reason their staying with a BB.

05-26-11 09:29 AM
    Angry Farm is pretty good now....
    05-26-11 09:47 AM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD