I am starting to wonder if there are really any torches out there that dont "wiggle" at least a bit. Mine was perfect when I got it 2 weeks ago but now has developed some slight play. I dont think this would bother me as much as it does if I wasnt constantly reading these threads and noticing that some people seem to say there torch has no wiggle at all. The dilema starts now because I called rogers and they are sending me a new torch. I should have it today or tomorrow, the thing is that my present torch is perfect in every other way. I have had no issues and every single feature and program works as it should. I am worried that a new one might be tight at first, develop looseness later, and have other issues.
    Can anyone really confirm that they have had there torch for more than a few weeks and it has remained with no looseness in the screen at all ??

Thanks
    10-18-10 10:44 AM
    I personally believe the "wiggle" is probably there, to some degree, for all phones. Some people don't notice the slight wiggle that is normal and say they have none - and others have brought a lot of attention to it because they have a Torch with more wiggle than normal.

For me, there appears to be a slight, normal, wiggle that I am perfectly fine with.
    10-18-10 10:50 AM
    I'm with you on that one. I had to give up on my initial round with the Torch because of a situation like that. I got my first a day or two after the US launch. It was fine for a few days and then developed a little bit of play in the slider, but had no issues other than that. I really wasn't reading much online about it at the time, I just knew that my boss had one as well and his didn't have any wiggle....so I took it back to swap it out.

Never had a good one after that. I went through 2 more and both had the wiggle (one more extreme than the other) and one had buttons that creaked like the suspension of a 20 year old clunker car. I was coming up on my 30 day window so I just returned it and went back to my i4.

Thinking about going back to the Torch now to see how the current batch of phones are.
    10-18-10 10:52 AM
    I have no wiggle in mine, not even sure what you refer to. Is it only when open? does the screen wiggle side to side or is it an up and down looseness?
    10-18-10 10:52 AM
    Thanks for the response. I would agree with your thoughts. I might try the new phone they send me for a week and unless it seems much sturdier than mine I will send the new one back. I am reading of so many problems here now that I am just happy mine has none.
    10-18-10 10:53 AM
    I personally believe the "wiggle" is probably there, to some degree, for all phones. Some people don't notice the slight wiggle that is normal and say they have none - and others have brought a lot of attention to it because they have a Torch with more wiggle than normal.

For me, there appears to be a slight, normal, wiggle that I am perfectly fine with.
    The thing that bothers me about it is that it shouldn't be there. I had two HTC sliders in the past (Wizard and the Tilt) and neither ever had any play in the slider. There are ton of other sliders on the market now and I have not personally seen any play in those either. There have been several people on this site who have disassembled their Torch and tightened the three screws on each side of the phone that connects the two main pieces of the phone together and it has eliminated their wiggle all together. I'd be fine doing that as well if it didn't zap the warranty.
    10-18-10 10:55 AM
    Mine started with a slight wiggle and has become worse after 2 weeks. I'm waiting for a new Rogers phone as well. I would like to know about this too as I'm seriously thinking about moving on to a different platform if it is forever going to be sloppy.
    10-18-10 11:38 AM
    I have to agree with all of you as well. My Torch has a wiggle that is quite annoying. Moving the phone side to side slightly i can feel it slightly moving which shouldn't be happening.

What did you guys call in and say to Rogers? Also which department
    10-18-10 11:58 AM
    I deal with the Rogers business office. I just called support and explained and they shipped off a new one with no questions.

If I have to live with the slight wiggle I will because its really not such a big deal and in every other respect this is by far the best phone (for me) that I have ever used.
    10-18-10 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD