Hallo, hopefully somebody had a similar problem to be able to help.
    About 3 weeks ago I received an email saying RAM enhancement, make your BB run faster, or similar.
    I was never able to open the message, I actually deleted it. Since that day there is a Gold Start on the messages display and the message comes back evey few days.
    I am not sure which of the 4 email accounts is receiving the email, because as said cannot open it, it actually appears in the main Message folder and not on the individual ones.

What did my Torch catch!??

Cheers
    04-17-12 08:04 AM
    Sounds like an app you have running or installed generating the notification... maybe a memory booster you installed once?
    04-19-12 12:31 PM
    Thanks for your reply,
    never installed any booster actually. As I said can see the email that generated the "star" but cannot open it/reply to it/see sending address....only delete. But the star stays............
    04-20-12 06:58 AM
    Can you still find the message in your messages folder? Usually by deleting that, it will remove the star as well. Not sure why you're getting it... Wish I could help more.
    04-20-12 09:36 AM
    meske,
    Thanks for your reply, it is extremely funny as the star stays even when I delete the message.
    The message comes back after 2-3 days.............

Cheers
    04-28-12 04:35 AM
    My 9810 got the same star message with a weird sound. I can delete it but the star remains oh and if I pull the battery the message reappears. Its been on my phone about a week and can't open it lol wonder what it says
    06-07-12 11:22 AM
    I had this a couple of days ago as well, and it took me a while to find the solution.

What worked for me was:
    -Press and hold the BlackBerry button
    -Select "Messages"
    -hit the BlackBerry button, and select "View Folder"
    -scroll down to "WAP push messages"
    -The message was in that folder. I deleted it and the star went away.

I hope this helps for you.
    06-08-12 07:49 AM
    Nope I went through every folder and can't find it lol maybe I'll pull the batt and let it reappear and go looking again that star is starting to bug me.
    06-10-12 04:33 PM
    Round 2 ? Star still there lol now there's a 2nd message titled "talk lock" is this a new trend?
    06-13-12 04:30 PM
    When you highlight/click on the notifications (where the star is), do you get any clue as to what it is?

It sounds like you are getting PIN spammed. Someone has your PIN (probably by a lucky guess) and is sending you PIN messages which is like BBM, but they go to your messages folder (normally appearing in RED). If this is what is happening, you can block them by going into options/security/firewall - Enabling the firewall and choosing to block PIN. If you do get actual messages from people you know, you can choose at the bottom to allow by contact and/or a specific list you enter.
    06-14-12 08:27 AM
    The STAR notification is there because you are essentially being spammed from a company
    called AppsForBB.

If you have installed any of their apps and want this notification gone and never to return, follow
    the instructions in POST #7 and then completely uninstall any app(s) you have from this company.
    06-14-12 09:24 AM
    There must be more than one app maker that is responsible for this annoyance. I do not have any of those AppsForBB apps on my list (installed or even uninstalled) and I still rec'd the "yellow star of frustration"
    06-14-12 11:58 AM
    Thank you very much lol. I clicked the link you have there and saw battery saver app deleted it (forgot I had it) and all is well star is gone. Thanks again you guys rock
    06-14-12 12:38 PM
    There must be more than one app maker that is responsible for this annoyance. I do not have any of those AppsForBB apps on my list (installed or even uninstalled) and I still rec'd the "yellow star of frustration"
    I wish I could help you more but that is the only vendor I know of that does that. I'll look around
    and see if there is another. Or someone else will come along with some insight. Hang in there.
    06-14-12 02:19 PM
    Follow up: Have you by chance installed a free game called Metrix.
    This may also be a culprit.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 06-14-12 at 02:28 PM.
    06-14-12 02:25 PM
    Sorry, no. Metrix is not on my list.

My guesses are one of the following Apps:
    Globe News
    FlightAware Flight Tracker
    Cool Tip Calculator
    OurGroceries Shopping List
    QR Code Scanner Pro - Free
    Smart Lock : Slide to Lock - Free

I really haven't put a lot of apps on my phone, so that should narrow the list down.
    For me, the yellow star of frustration has not reappeared since I got rid of it last week, so I guess I am one of the lucky ones (I have since deleted FlightAware, so maybe that was the one)
    06-14-12 03:00 PM
    Sorry, no. Metrix is not on my list.

I really haven't put a lot of apps on my phone, so that should narrow the list down.
    For me, the yellow star of frustration has not reappeared since I got rid of it last week, so I guess I am one of the lucky ones (I have since deleted FlightAware, so maybe that was the one)
    That is possible though I cannot say for sure. Glad you got rid of the annoyance though.
    Just curious however, is that a complete list of third party apps you installed, including those
    that have since been deleted?
    06-14-12 03:26 PM
    That is possible though I cannot say for sure. Glad you got rid of the annoyance though.
    Just curious however, is that a complete list of third party apps you installed, including those
    that have since been deleted?
    No, it was not a complete list. This is the complete list:
    Globe News
    FlightAware Flight Tracker (has since been uninstalled)
    Canada Post Corporation (has since been uninstalled)
    Cool Tip Calculator
    OurGroceries Shopping List
    QR Code Scanner Pro - Free
    Smart Lock : Slide to Lock - Free
    Burlington Post
    Canadian Tire
    Cineplex Mobile
    Crackberry Forums
    Free Basic Red OS7 theme
    GO mobile
    LCBO on the Go
    Peggle
    ScoreMobile for Blackberry
    Shazam Encore
    The Hamilton Spectator
    The Hockey News
    Twitter

Anything in common with anyone else that would suggest a culprit for the yellow star?
    06-15-12 07:09 AM
    Yellow star appeared again last night (June 18).

"Compass - A Premium GPS based Compass" - SRID Games

I went through all of my apps listed above, and none of them are by the same developer.

To remove the star, I followed the instructions I listed in post #7, except it was in the "New Apps" folder, not WAP Push Messages.

I wish I new which app was giving the permission to push these messages.

Is there a way to find out which Apps have been given push permissions, without going to every app individually?
    06-19-12 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD