I just plugged my torch in to my computer and it said there was new desktop software updates, so I downloaded it no problem, restarted my computer. Then it said there was new software update for my torch, so I started the download and made sure not to mess with it. It was downloading fine then I got this error message "The application loader could not connect to your blackberry device" then it gave a list of things to do which I did twice and nothing worked. HELP. If I just unplug won't everything go dead? Someone please help save my torch
    04-22-11 01:34 PM
    Downloading a new version of the desktop software shouldn't mess up your phone.

I would remove the Desktop Manager Software and then download/reinstall it with your phone disconnected from your computer. After that completes, then plug your phone into your computer and see what happens.

The new DM might not have been able to load completely the first time because there were files in use with the phone plugged in.
    Amanda0769 likes this.
    04-22-11 01:49 PM
    Got it back up and running, also did a battery pull as ATT recommended and everything is there and OK. Phew, that was a close one.
    04-22-11 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD