Bought an unlocked Torch on Craigslist earlier today for 450.00. It's branded AT&T. My 9700 broke on me last night so I figured I'd upgrade. When I met up with the guy the Torch was in perfect condition and everything looked great. Put my T-Mobile sim card in, made a test call, tried the keyboard, tried the touchscreen.. Everything seemed perfect.

Came home and tried connecting to wifi. It picked up the networks BUT when I went to type in my WPA password "mickey", I noticed the M key didn't work on the physical keypad. I backed out and opened a notepad and tried every key. The Y,M,U,W,E,S keys do not work. I checked the water damage stocker and it's still white. I updated the OS but that didn't fix the issue.

I'm at a total loss and out 450.00. Of course the guy I bought it from isn't answering my calls. I contacted RIM but they said they couldn't help. Any chance I could go down to an AT&T store and get tech support there? I bet not because I'm a Tmob customer..

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
    10-25-10 11:42 AM
    For some strange reason on my phone every now and then the track pad click stops working and a few keyboard keys stop working.

If I push on the pad hard enough something kicks back in and they start working again.

It seems so random but gets annoying. Happened to me about 4 times since I got it at the beginning of august.
    10-25-10 12:11 PM
    I guess the first step would be a battery pull. That's a wide range of keys not working.
    10-25-10 12:12 PM
    even though you are a T-mobile subscriber.. you can bring the Torch to AT&T for repair since they will honor the 1 yr warranty for the device.
    you have a PIN and an IMEI number and the AT&T logo on your phone
    10-25-10 12:15 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I tried a battery pull quite a few times.. No luck. Knockz, I just tried pressing that button in hard as you said you do, still no luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 12:17 PM
    even though you are a T-mobile subscriber.. you can bring the Torch to AT&T for repair since they will honor the 1 yr warranty for the device.
    you have a PIN and an IMEI number and the AT&T logo on your phone
    Wow, is that right? If so I'll head over there now. I hope that is the case. Thanks for the heads up on that!
    10-25-10 12:19 PM
    Welp, tried two AT&T stores, both said they would replace it for me IF I was their customer.. But since I'm not I'm essentially SOL.. Any other suggestions?
    10-25-10 02:56 PM
    Any other suggestions? Have spent the whole day trying to solve this to no avail
    10-25-10 09:35 PM
    I think you need to visit a device support center, not an AT&T store. Here's the link to find the closest DSC.

Answer Center | AT&T

You can also try calling AT&T warranty support at 1-800-801-1101.
    10-25-10 09:43 PM
    I think you need to visit a device support center, not an AT&T store. Here's the link to find the closest DSC.

Answer Center | AT&T

You can also try calling AT&T warranty support at 1-800-801-1101.
    Thanks for the advice but I actually visited one of those centers today. I originally went to an AT&T store and they directed me to the DSC location. The guy looked over the phone, noticed the issue, asked for my AT&T # and when I said I'm not a customer he said "I can't help you" .. Oh well.. Guess it was a lesson learned about buying on Craigslist.. Sucks..
    10-25-10 10:02 PM
    Don't you know anyone, any family member or a friend that's with AT&T. All they need is the account number or phone number to proceed.
    They just need to put something on their screen for a number/account name.

10-25-10 10:07 PM
    Don't you know anyone, any family member or a friend that's with AT&T. All they need is the account number or phone number to proceed.
    They just need to put something on their screen for a number/account name.

I'll ask around. Thanks!
    10-25-10 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD