For those of u with t-mobile and can't get the torch, there is a solution like the title states. Order one from Canada though Bell or Telus (and maybe more carriers too but those 2 carriers are the major ones in Canada that use the same 3G bands as TMO) because they use the same 3G bands as TMO. But u will have to pay the full retail price just a heads up. Chances are that u won't be able to get them straight from their website to the US but u can order them from Ebay Canada. Good luck and hope this solution works out

Edit: My sincerest apologies to those who's hopes I've crushed. Shouldn't have posted this without out making sure so DO NOT purchase a Telus or Bell Torch if you're with T-Mobile. With that said I guess its won't be coming the CDMA carriers or T-Mobile anytime (that I know and am sure of lol)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by luqman24; 10-14-10 at 07:47 PM.
    10-14-10 05:22 PM
    As far as I know, Bell and Telus, along with Rogers and Fido, use the 850/1900 3G bands like ATT. Our Torch's do have the 2100 band, but I think T-Mobile requires both the 1700 and 2100 bands? Someone correct me if im wrong.
    10-14-10 05:26 PM
    That is just what I was wondering - what other carriers use the same TMO frequencies. Can anyone verify this information - the 3G bands?

Also, does anyone have any clue if TMO will offer the torch anytime soon?
    10-14-10 05:28 PM
    Nobody does. You basically need a phone designed with the same UMTS frequencies in mind, which basically means it was designed to be used on tmobile US in the first place...
    10-14-10 05:36 PM
    For those of u with t-mobile and can't get the torch, there is a solution like the title states. Order one from Canada though Bell or Telus (and maybe more carriers too but those 2 carriers are the major ones in Canada that use the same 3G bands as TMO) because they use the same 3G bands as TMO. But u will have to pay the full retail price just a heads up. Chances are that u won't be able to get them straight from their website to the US but u can order them from Ebay Canada. Good luck and hope this solution works out
    Wow did you ever get that wrong.

In Canada:
    Bell, Telus, Rogers, Fido, Virgin, Solo, Koodo, MTS .... all use the same 3G band as AT&T

WIND, Mobilicity, and Videotron uses the same 3G bands as T-Mobile
    DawgMan likes this.
    10-14-10 05:54 PM

In Canada:
    Bell, Telus, Rogers, Fido, Virgin, Solo, Koodo, MTS .... all use the same 3G band as AT&T

100% correct, OP update your initial post before someone buys the wrong phone!

oh and the bell/telus shared network and their sub-company (Virgin, Solo, Koodo) DO NOT have an edge network, so saving battery by going 2g will leave your networkless
    10-14-10 06:35 PM
    Does this mean that purchasing one of these phones (WIND, Mobilicity, etc.) unlocked will allow the torch to work with T-mobile?

In Canada:

02-07-11 12:14 PM

In Canada:

Agreed. Completely wrong information.
    02-07-11 12:17 PM
    Does this mean that purchasing one of these phones (WIND, Mobilicity, etc.) unlocked will allow the torch to work with T-mobile?
    yes... if one of those companies actually carried the torch. none of them do and i dont think they will
    02-24-11 12:13 AM
    What always amazes me, contract issues aside, is the desire to make a square peg fit into a round hole.

When a carrier releases a device that you really want that is exclusive to that carrier, switch to the carrier if possible to get full device functionality or wait for the next new device from the existing carrier that has great features and meets your needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    homer1475 likes this.
    02-24-11 05:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD