Every new app I try to download on my Torch now for the past couple of months (I would say 80%) don't run on my Torch. I either get some "module error" or when I press on the app nothing happens. I thought this was just a select few apps such as Urbanspoon, Battleship, etc but it's much more now. Solitaire, Food Network, Toronto Maple Leafs, Spades, and the list goes on. All my old apps I've downloaded before still work. It's just any new app from now I download doesn't seem to open. I'm running .337 and I'm contemplating right now if I should upgrade to .450 and see if that makes everything work again. My only fear with that is if I upgrade not only will these new apps won't work, but all my old ones won't either.
    02-09-11 09:09 PM
    you should be fine on 450 and 337 for that matter. are you getting these apps from appworld? have you tried a battery pull?
    02-09-11 09:42 PM
    Upgrade. Back up your data with desktop manager first, then in the upgrade process choose to not automatically backup and restore data during installation (since you did a previous backup with desktop manager). When the upgrade finishes, selectively restore the databases you need with desktop manager from the backup you made before upgrading. Restore like the address book, messages, wifi profiles, browser bookmarks, calendar and so on. But, dont restore all of the backup completely because i dont really know what causes this problem as i had it once and deleted all the applications i had installed recently in the same timeframe the error started showing up and still didnt solve it, so im inclined more towards a corrupt database or the deletion/corruption of a file needed by the OS by one of the apps i installed.
    02-09-11 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD