I'm thinking I may actually get the Slider, as long as it's available as a touchscreen with a trackpad. Because I like navigating with the touchscreen, but somethings like trying to select text in a textbox is impossible if the textbox scrolls, because whenever you try to get at the point you want at the bottom of the paragraph the keyboard enables, and kinetic scrolling kicks in, or something happens that makes you lose your spot and have to start from square one. if it had a trackpad also it would be perfectly fine.

well, thinking about it, I may be happy without a touchscreen. The main reason that I got my S1 instead of a keyboard device is that i wanted a big screen to browse the web or watch movies or whatever, as I didn't do a lot of typing at the time. now I find that something that makes typing (and text selection) easier may be my preferred route, but I'm a little hesitant of going non-touch because I have never owned a keyboard blackberry and I don't kno0w if I would like it.

oh, well. time will tell.
    05-02-10 10:50 PM
    Pass. Sliders aren't my thing :P
    05-03-10 10:40 AM
    I will never buy a slider.

IMHO - the Bold 9700 has the perfect form factor. Add a front facing camera for video Skype and support for 32 GB media cards and it will be the perfect phone :-)
    Last edited by NevadaJake; 05-12-10 at 12:46 PM.
    05-12-10 12:44 PM
    diversity is the key to success in this economy... If they appeal to all types of phone users they will succeed even if one type does not sell more than another...
    I could not agree more... I like it... It just has me pondering when it will come out, and to which carrier... that will be the determining factor... And the fact that the 9650 comes out in a week & some change doesnt help AT ALL!!! lol
    05-13-10 04:49 PM
    I didn't like the idea at first but it is growing on me and I might buy one.
    05-17-10 04:11 PM
    I'm a little pissed it's only going to att
    05-17-10 04:37 PM
    I just want BlackBerry 6. I'm assuming that there may be some backwards compatibility issues with non-6 apps and this is why the device will have both a non-SurePress screen and a track pad. That, and some things (like cut and paste) work better with a distinct pointing device.
    05-18-10 05:47 PM
    I will get it because i am so sick of my trackball on my bb9000. keeps getting stuck and after semi-mastering how to take it apart and thoroughly cleaning it, it still continues to get stuck every so often. The next option was to get the 9700 w/ trackpad but why get that when i can get one 9800 w/ trackpad AND touchscreen.

The slider part really isnt an issue since the device has some size to it. I got my parents a samsung slider that is really thin and it just seems weird holding it. I dont think i will have a problem with the slider function on this phone. good thing there is an at&t store next to where i work - gonna get it day one
    05-18-10 10:47 PM
    I think it's really growing on me. I'll explain.

First off, I've always wanted a touchscreen phone. But I love my QWERTY keyboard. So there are three ways it could be approached.

1. Treo-style (a-la "Magnum"): This was my first thought, and indeed, I almost got a Treo before my first BB. But these have one severely limiting factor; screen size. I have very large hands, and the thought of trying to tap the right spot on a screen the size of my 8900 gives me the shivers. So for me, this form factor is questionable.

2. Slider (Horizontal): Now sliders have never been my thing, but I'd hate to give up real estate from either the screen or the keyboard (see above). For my hand size, this form factor would be ideal, but it would lose its one-handed functionality. As this is a large part of the BBs appeal, prob not gonna happen soon. But if it did, I would definitely consider it.

3. Slider (Vertical): ere we have the best of both worlds. You keep the standard orientation of the "traditional" Blackberry (portrait, with screen above keyboard), but lose none of the keyboard or screen area. This way, quick browsing and app checking, in either portrait or landscape mode, can be accomplished with a couple screen taps or touchpad strokes; but if you need to type, the QWERTY keyboard is only a flick of the thumb away.

Now I'm not sure if the appearance has changed since the first blurry pics or not, but at the time, I wanted nothing to do with it. But now, I can honestly see myself using my upgrade on this device come February, when my contract is up.

Just my $0.02
    06-04-10 04:27 AM
    I like it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 08:01 AM
    Guarantee you guys, that once you see it doing everything it does you will LOVE IT. Not a single chance anyone that likes BBs will say NO to this one.
    06-04-10 10:52 AM
    Guarantee you guys, that once you see it doing everything it does you will LOVE IT. Not a single chance anyone that likes BBs will say NO to this one.
    ....and I love BB...
    06-04-10 11:31 AM
    I am all over this phone, I just wish that it would come to VZ soon.
    06-04-10 05:31 PM
    Maybe if we didn't have blogs leaking stuff so stupidly early then we would only be hearing about the device now with good quality images and videos of nearer to final hardware/software and there wouldn't have been any reason for people to doubt the product in the first place.
    06-05-10 06:54 AM
214 ... 789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD