And so I am wondering for those who have bought the Torch, are you still happy, OK, so-so, disappointed, or down rt disgusted?

So many people write reviews on these phones the day they come out instead of truly writing a review after a 15-20 day trial period. In my opinion, it is best to wait untiil the "newness' wears off and THEN write your thoughts.

So please, let me know how you feel about the Torch now. Thanks.

(Im going back and forth between it and the iphone)
    10-04-10 12:10 PM
    I've had my torch for more than a month now. I've never used a phone so much in my life but I come from an old iphone 2G so take that as you will. The phone's keyboard feels good and with .246, it feels amazing to use (I've used .141 for a little while and upgraded as soon as I could to .214)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 12:59 PM
    Had mine since launch day and still love it. Using leaked .246 with no problems.
    10-04-10 02:16 PM
    best phone i've owned so far
    10-04-10 02:17 PM
    Definitely still in love with the phone. Not to be a fanboy, but for business this phone KILLS.

10-04-10 03:03 PM
    best phone i've owned so far
    +1
    10 characters

10-04-10 03:12 PM
    +1
    10 characters

+2
    10 characters
    10-04-10 03:54 PM
    I went from an iPhone 3GS to a Samsung Captivate to the Torch which I've been using for a few weeks. Best decision I've made in awhile.
    10-04-10 04:24 PM
    so far, so...great! got the torch on launch day and have not, for once, regretted my decision. i have to admit i was slightly weary since i came from an iphone 3gs.

although i had to replace the device a few times, due to device malfunctions, the torch is an amazing phone. adding to this is the .246 update, which dramatically increases the phone's capabilities.
    10-04-10 04:49 PM
    I've had my Torch since release date and I am very happy with it. (I had an iPhone 3G before this) I notice that I'm actually getting a signal in a lot of places that I didn't have one on my iphone. Sure, I don't get to play on all those silly games anymore, but for having a phone that functions as a PHONE, I'm okay with that. Love the social media on it. I'm constantly on my BB. Can't seem to put it down. No regrets here.
    10-04-10 04:55 PM
    I've had my Torch since release date and I am very happy with it. (I had an iPhone 3G before this) I notice that I'm actually getting a signal in a lot of places that I didn't have one on my iphone. Sure, I don't get to play on all those silly games anymore, but for having a phone that functions as a PHONE, I'm okay with that. Love the social media on it. I'm constantly on my BB. Can't seem to put it down. No regrets here.
    i also have to agree with the signal/reception. given how crappy at&t is, I have noticed that i get more bars in places where my previous 3gs failed.

for example, right now, and sitting in my kitchen as i'm typing this, i have 3-4 bars with edge; while at the same position, my previous 3gs only had 1!
    10-04-10 05:00 PM
    I'm using the Torch as a phone.
    And I like it for it's phone function and the other extras. At the end of the day. You need a device that can hold a signal and maintain a call.
    I don't understand why you have to go back and forth with an iphone 4. With the new ipod touch you'll be enjoying the retina display, camera, facetime, etc.
    But if you love to have bumpers on a phone then stick with the iphone 4

10-04-10 05:07 PM
    I finally got mine today. I absolutely LOVE it! Its exactly what I wanted it to be. OS6 is incredible. It flies too. At&t should have delayed the launch really. The newest version just flies. Easily the best BB ever made and one of my favorite phones ever made period.
    10-04-10 05:13 PM
    I got the 9800 about a month ago(Unlocked AT&T running Rogers).. I was using an iPhone4 before that. I tried to go back to the iPhone4 but it only lasted about an hour and missed the BB Torch like crazy. If I could marry a phone, the Torch would be my bride LOL..
    10-04-10 06:04 PM
    of all the phones I have had this is by far the best, and with the upgrade to .246 all i can say is wow.
    10-04-10 06:41 PM
    I've had 3 replacement phones so far. The only bad points I dislike is how big the phone is, how heavy it is and how non-instant the photos can be. Otherwise, good phone
    10-04-10 06:45 PM
    but liking it so far! think i'm running an official .246 (or something close) and the phone is functioning just fine! will be happier when the app developers finally catch up!

a special, big ups to the folks at poynt!
    10-04-10 07:01 PM
    I'm in week 7 and i love mine. The upgrade to .214 sealed the deal for me and currently on .246 with no issues.
    10-04-10 07:17 PM
    I couldn't be happier with mine. I even upgraded to .246 over a week ago and have yet to do a battery pull. For me it has been very stable and I really like the new OS.
    10-04-10 07:22 PM
    i honestly believe that all the reviewers/critics should have made a follow up piece with the Torch especially wth the newer OS. 6.0.0.246.
    to so a review with the stock 6.0.0.141 is an injustice to the phone..
    10-04-10 07:58 PM
    This is a very excellent Blackberry. If you're still using an 8310 it'll be a spectacular upgrade for you. I upgraded from a 9000 when it launched in August and couldn't be happier. The stock .141 in the American release is tolerable but laggy at times so you'll find that it'd be best to upgrade to .246. The difference is very noticeable (at least to me it was). It does everything it's supposed to and much more. The UI is excellent and though I have a few qualms about the inability to customize views which are currently limited All, Frequent, Media, and Favorite its still great. Universal search works really well and cuts back on time, while the browser is infinitely better than previous iterations.
    10-04-10 08:01 PM
    the best phone I own...I love it ! And .246 os upgrade Made my phone amazing ....I can't believe the difference ...phone now feels like every complain people had has dissapeared..screen could be better ...but the processor is more than fine .memory is the same as the droid ...and the apps are starting to come in ...everyday there are about 5 to6 new apps in the app world.....this processor is not a dissapointment as a lot of people have said ..I love os 6 and the browser is awesome ...try one but make sure u running OS .246 makes a huge difference

10-04-10 08:26 PM
    have had mine for almost a month and left my iPhone 4 for it and couldn't be happier. 6.0.0.246 makes the phone so speedy!
    10-04-10 08:32 PM
    i also have to agree with the signal/reception. given how crappy at&t is, I have noticed that i get more bars in places where my previous 3gs failed.

for example, right now, and sitting in my kitchen as i'm typing this, i have 3-4 bars with edge; while at the same position, my previous 3gs only had 1!
    Wife has a 3Gs, I've had BB's for several years now, and I've observed the same thing. So one must ask, is AT&T as crappy as everyone thinks, or are they getting a bad rap because of all those iPhones out there with crappy reception? Not trying to slam the iPhone, it's a great device. The wife absolutely loves hers like I love my Torch. I just hear a lot more people with iPhones complaining about AT&T's coverage than those with other phones.

As for my Torch, going on 3 weeks and still loving it more every day.
    10-04-10 11:26 PM
    After owning multiple BBs in the past 3 years (8310, 9000, 9700, 9530, 9520, 8520...), this is by far the best BB phone I have ever used. Just using OS6 is and all of its new features has just been a great experience. The fluidity of it's OS and the new "sleek", yet classic BBish look is enough for me to call this the best BB. I can't comment on how it compares to the other smartphones out there as I've never actually used them (other than at the AT&T store), but if you have been on the RIM bandwagon since day 1 this is the "their" phone to get.

Just my 2 cents.
    10-05-10 01:19 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD