No it's not the normal issue where it opens up in the middle of the conversation.

My Issue, this is going to be tough to explain: Lets say I want to message someone I haven't messaged in a day or two, so I'll compose a new text message to that person instead of searching through my messages trying to find the original conversation we held. It SHOULD open the existing conversation, right? Because mine opens a completely new conversation when I compose a message, and then when that person responds, it brings up the OLD conversation and it doesn't show my first message I sent. In some cases, I have 3 seperate threaded text messages. 1 chat with messages i've composed, 1 chat with MMS messages i composed, and 1 chat where the recipient responds to my composed messages.

Here's a picture:

I really hope this makes sense, for some reason I feel like this is really hard to explain via text. Any help is appreciated, i'm on .337 for the record.
    01-04-11 02:26 PM
    Does make sense, I have had this issue/prob from day one of the OS ver, I have found the only way it doesn't do this, is when I do a restart my BB Torch, it clears all the OLD conversation that I have had going on. There is a clear converstation on the menu, I had cleared using that option then delete the txt/MMS/chat. But sometimes doesnt clear it, only when I do a restart.
    01-04-11 03:18 PM
    Strange. If I compase a new message to a contact I have already sent a message and that message still exists on muy device, it just gets appended to the existing message. Works this way on BES and BIS - 337 BDHPv5 and 246.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 06:06 PM
    Go to options in your messages app and make sure in the text-messages feature settings you've checked " Combine Sequential Messages "
    01-24-11 10:55 AM
    I had this happen once. Cleared the "new" message I sent and all has been fine since.
    01-24-11 10:56 AM
    Go to options in your messages app and make sure in the text-messages feature settings you've checked " Combine Sequential Messages "
    Yeah it's checked, thanks though.

I had this happen once. Cleared the "new" message I sent and all has been fine since.
    Didn't even think about this. But I did this and deleted the duplicate messages and it seems to be working at the moment... We'll see if it stays that way. I don't get how it got like that in the first place though, hopefully it stays.

Thanks!
    01-25-11 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD