This is the second time I've had this issue. I receive a new text message while viewing another, but as I try to open the new message, nothing happens, as if no buttons are pressed. I cannot read it, reply to it or open it. It stays marked as a new unread message and only goes away if I delete it. If I delete it, then compose a new message to the offending contact, it locks me into the message screen with only the option to send save or delete. I choose delete, but it will not close.

Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 03:07 PM
    I wish I could help - my friend who just bought the Torch was complaining about this today - he can't open some text messages and if he deletes them they are stuck in the notification bar until he reboots.

I wasn't able to find any threads with this particular complaints until I saw yours pop up!

What OS are you running? The stock .141 that it came with out of the box?
    09-09-10 03:23 PM
    Yes. .141. Happend on another Torch, so I replaced it last night. Now its happening again. I'm assuming software? I know people are running the leaked OS, but I'd really rather wait for an official..

09-09-10 03:30 PM
    Honestly I don't know - it does not appear to be a big issue or I guarantee there would be a 20+ page thread about it. People don't want any problems with their text messages!

I highly suggest upgrading to .214 - there's really no need to shy away from non-official releases once they've been thoroughly tested by the CrackBerry community. If you wait for AT&T to make .214 official you might be waiting another 6 months, give or take 6 months of course!

I'm going to upgrade my friend's phone to .214 next time I see him and I really hope it fixes the texting problem.
    09-09-10 04:33 PM
    If it does, please post back here! Thanks for your time, Jeff.

09-09-10 04:53 PM
    I think this is the problem I have. Try going to SMS options and change the conversation style and save your changes. You should be able to read the message this works for me everytime it happens.

11-23-10 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD