ok guys i'm having some issue sms grouping with the torch. i work in nightlife and because of this i text to large groups

on my bb bold 9000 & 9700 i didn't have this issue (was able to set up several groups each with 100 contacts in it)

so far only third party app that i've found to work decently is 3jam text messaging... its expensive ($20)... its not perfect kinda lags and locks up... not sure if everyone is getting the text... but so far most seem to be getting it.

if anyone finds a better solution i would be greatly appreciative

thanks in advance for any tips... this is my first post, decided to join to contribute to this problem, hope to be active member.. always been a bb fan
    09-14-10 11:10 AM
    ok guys i'm having some issue sms grouping with the torch. i work in nightlife and because of this i text to large groups

on my bb bold 9000 & 9700 i didn't have this issue (was able to set up several groups each with 100 contacts in it)

so far only third party app that i've found to work decently is 3jam text messaging... its expensive ($20)... its not perfect kinda lags and locks up... not sure if everyone is getting the text... but so far most seem to be getting it.

if anyone finds a better solution i would be greatly appreciative

thanks in advance for any tips... this is my first post, decided to join to contribute to this problem, hope to be active member.. always been a bb fan

I am having the same issue, where do you work?
    09-29-10 09:18 AM
    I am having the same issue, where do you work?
    space miami and nikki beach
    09-29-10 09:38 AM
    Do you know if 3jam is delivering?
    09-29-10 03:46 PM
    Like 30-40%. I need something better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 04:05 PM
    An app named Ditto is suggested in another thread. Not in my universe but may be worth checking. Allows text messaging to large numbers according to the poster.

09-29-10 05:32 PM
    An app named Ditto is suggested in another thread. Not in my universe but may be worth checking. Allows text messaging to large numbers according to the poster.

that app doesn't work for the torch
    09-29-10 08:17 PM
    It also seems to only do a REPLY to everyone texted so when they text back it does not go to you "ONLY"
    09-30-10 11:29 AM
    I finally received final word from RIM as to why in the new 6.0 operating system you cannot text more than 10 people in a group.

There response, was that the carriers decided they did no want their users to have the ability to text more than 10 people at a time. That the Group List function, should disable the ability to SMS more than 10.

What does this mean to you? This means that if you have a group of 30 friends and want to text them via your group when to get together, you will need to break your SMS to 3 groups of 10. This is very cumbersome and a waste of time, considering that the 5.0 operating system allows you to do this.

My recommendation, is to write to your character or hope that you will have a leaked 6.0 operating version that allows you to text more than 10 people at time in a large group.
    10-17-10 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD