I've had Smrtguard for the last 2 years on my 9000. Now I have the 9800 and since my phone is never out of my sight, I decided I don't want Smrtguard. My subscription doesn't end until November, but today they took another $39.99 from my bank account without permission. Anyone else have this problem with Smrtguard?
    08-22-10 11:36 AM
    Omg yes! I went in my smrtguard acct and did the device swirch to change pin numbers. This morning I wake up to an email saying they took $39.99 to renew the subscritpion. I emailed them and told them I did not authorize that charge and request an refund. About an hour later they emailed back saying the cancelled the transaction and I № longer have the service. I will miss the antivirus and antispam features but I also have att insurance on my torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 01:10 PM
    So far I've written them twice today, and not gotten an answer back. I am pretty upset that they think that they can just renew a subscription without approval.
    I consider that stealing!
    08-22-10 01:51 PM
    me too! I actually emailed them 4 times and one to mobihand. They got the picture, and they responded then within an hour.
    08-22-10 04:37 PM
    me too! I actually emailed them 4 times and one to mobihand. They got the picture, and they responded then within an hour.
    hmm, I am being ignored. I've now send 4 emails to Smrtguard and 2 to mobihand, and still no answer. Just one email acknowledging my email from mobihand. I just want my money returned.
    08-22-10 04:52 PM
    really. did you forward the order confirmation to smartguard as well? I forwarded them that, as well as additional emails that contained the order # in the subject line. I say, keep sending it to them until you get an answer, they shouldn't be charging people wo notice anyway.
    08-22-10 05:47 PM
    call your bank or CC company and have them do a chargeback- in my experience that gets a merchant's attention quickly
    08-22-10 06:20 PM
    I believe what you guys don't realize is when you purchased the smrtguard service you guys agreed to a subscription thus it would charge your account again when it was time. I had realized this when I purchased it 1.5yrs ago when I had my Bold 9000. I cancelled the subscription and never had a problem.
    08-22-10 07:52 PM
    I believe what you guys don't realize is when you purchased the smrtguard service you guys agreed to a subscription thus it would charge your account again when it was time. I had realized this when I purchased it 1.5yrs ago when I had my Bold 9000. I cancelled the subscription and never had a problem.
    No. I'm sure everyone realized it was a subscription. Having been told once before NOT to renew it by me should of been enough. My subscription does not expire until November 2011. Yet, when I changed the device from the 9000 to the 9800, they renewed it and added another year, now saying it expires in 2012. I do not want it. They did not have my permission to renew it. I finally (after 16 hours) received an email from mobihand saying they have canceled it, but, they have NOT returned the money to my bank account. I just checked again.
    08-22-10 08:23 PM
    Some people with the same problem complained and they got their money back. I'd like to know why I haven't. I've contacted Smrtguard and mobihand several times. It's been 24 hours and my money has not been returned.
    08-23-10 09:51 AM
    Seems like you need to relax a little. Yesterday was Sunday so you should have known nothing was going to get fixed then and it's still morning now on Monday. Even if they did already remove the charge from your account, your bank may not post it until later in the day, midnight, or possibly later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 11:42 AM
    chuck, don't tell her to relax. Its her (him, if you're a guy, sorry)money and you have no idea what she might need it for.

Lao, I went into my account and noticed they still had a hold on the funds as well. So I contacted my bank (Bank of America) and told them to put a block on my account to Mobihand so they can not continue with the charge. I also emailed smrtguard and mobihand to let them know the transaction has not been cancelled like they said. BOA did say it will probably take a day to see the hold released. But I feel better knowing they can't charge my card, then have to dispute this all over again.

On the flip side, now that I have blocked my debit card from Mobihand, when I want to purchase an app, I am going to have to call the bank first and tell them to release the hold for Mobihand. But w/e, least they won't be getting that additional $40 they shouldn't have taken in the first place.
    08-23-10 12:48 PM
    chuck, don't tell her to relax. Its her (him, if you're a guy, sorry)money and you have no idea what she might need it for.

Lao, I went into my account and noticed they still had a hold on the funds as well. So I contacted my bank (Bank of America) and told them to put a block on my account to Mobihand so they can not continue with the charge. I also emailed smrtguard and mobihand to let them know the transaction has not been cancelled like they said. BOA did say it will probably take a day to see the hold released. But I feel better knowing they can't charge my card, then have to dispute this all over again.

On the flip side, now that I have blocked my debit card from Mobihand, when I want to purchase an app, I am going to have to call the bank first and tell them to release the hold for Mobihand. But w/e, least they won't be getting that additional $40 they shouldn't have taken in the first place.
    M point was that yesterday he/she sent two messages to them because nobody responded to the first one. And he/she was upset about it. It was SUNDAY...the humans don't work on Sunday! Then this morning at the crack of dawn contact was made, but the bank wasn't showing the credit immediately, so this person was upset again. I certainly understand wanting money back, but at some point it becomes ridiculous. It takes a computer no time at all to frack something up, but then the humans have to straighten it out and sometimes that doesn't go quite as quickly, especially if there are two companies and a bank involved. I know for a fact that it takes Chase bank about two days before anything shows up as a credit on my account (they suck, BTW), so it's not worth getting all worked up if the credit doesn't show up in 15 minutes. I also know that Mobihand and SmartGuard are both reputable companies and in the rare instances I've had trouble (with Mobihand anyway), they took care of it reasonably quickly. And yes, my problem with them occurred on a Friday night so I (gasp!) had to wait until Monday to get it straightened out. But they took care of it no questions asked!

Sometimes it just doesn't help to keep pestering those who are trying to help you. All people who are constantly calling and sending messages ultimately just slow down problem resolutions for everyone. Get through today and then if there's no resolution tomorrow maybe give them another call then to check up on it.
    08-23-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD