Well my Storm 2 contract expired. I renewed it, by picking the Torch over the iPhone 4. However, I'm noticing that my Torch is very slow with some apps, and very slow with app world. Does anybody experience this? I also can't get rid of my Twitter notifications.

Edit: Can't connect to App World now.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 01-04-11 at 08:30 AM.
    01-04-11 08:28 AM
    Well my Storm 2 contract expired. I renewed it, by picking the Torch over the iPhone 4. However, I'm noticing that my Torch is very slow with some apps, and very slow with app world. Does anybody experience this? I also can't get rid of my Twitter notifications.

Edit: Can't connect to App World now.
    Make sure u have the latest update for App World (2.0.1.12). Way faster, more responsive and no lag.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 09:50 AM
    Do you have a blackberry data plan? Different then the iphone data plan.

Go to:
    Manage Connections > Service Status

Under Blackberry Internet Service, do you see it saying mobile network? if not contact your carrier and have them make sure your on a blackberry data plan.
    01-04-11 09:54 AM
    I noticed when my 3G reception drops my Appworld tends to get very laggy. Watch out for areas where your signal drops and not use Appworld there.
    01-04-11 01:08 PM
    I never use 3g and app world is never laggy for me. Odd you would mention that since the only difference between EDGE and 3g is network speed, although its so negligible that a normal user wouldn't notice the difference.
    01-04-11 01:14 PM
    The phone itself lags with almost every app I use. It's kinda frustrating. I tried upgrading to the .337 OS but it seems that my phone refuses to upgrade. Every time I start the upgrade process, it decides to restart itself. I'm still considering swapping for i4, and using my Storm 2 for BBM.

Most apps give me a white screen too, even 3rd party applications options screen gives me a white screen.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 01-05-11 at 04:34 AM.
    01-05-11 03:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD