I have a new torch and pretty happy with it, although I loved my bold. One very annoying problem I'm having is that when you are viewing messages and you're done deleting, saving, etc ... you press return to the home screen, nothing happens for over 30 seconds ... eventually you go back to the home screen but why does it take soooooo long? Anyone else experiencing this? Am I doing something wrong or is this just something I have to live with 'till they publish an update to OS6 ???
    10-02-10 02:01 PM
    What current version of OS are you on? I'm gonna go on a limb and say .141. If so..upgrade to the new Official .246. If not, have you tried a battery pull?
    10-02-10 02:34 PM
    I believe any of the .2xx OS upgrades fix that.
    10-02-10 02:38 PM
    Thank you both for your replies. Yes ... my current version is 6.0.0.141(Bundle 278, Platform 6.4.0.64). When I try to update software both via my BB as well as Desktop Mgr, they both tell me that I have the latest software installed. How do I upgrade to "the new official .246" ???
    10-02-10 04:20 PM
    Check the links in my signature at the bottom of this post - download link and instructions are there. Feel free to PM me with any questions/issues.
    10-02-10 04:30 PM
    I am also having the same problem, but I have ATT phone and the update is for a Rogers phone, does that work with te ATT phone or its it going to couse a problem?
    10-04-10 10:34 PM
    I am also having the same problem, but I have ATT phone and the update is for a Rogers phone, does that work with te ATT phone or its it going to couse a problem?
    RIM uses the same software for all phones regardless of carrier. It'll even still have the AT&T logos. Sometimes using leaked beta can have issues, but this version was officially shipped by Rogers/Bell/Telus so you're good. And really, anything in the .2xx series is worth upgrading to.
    10-04-10 10:39 PM
    Go for it and update to .246. The torch becomes another beast! The .141 is horrible. At&t here, and updated from rogers. I also completed the questionnaire as well. Hopefully someone from at&t will see that their own customers are upgrading from other carriers (I might be wrong but I think rogers and at&t are related in one way or the other lol).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-04-10 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD