Guys I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong area I'm just alittle disapointed with the speed of the OS. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what, but from time to time when I'm going from the browser to txt or bbm or social feeds the phone will just stop or hang for 2 seconds, should I be concerned about this maybe bring the phone back for another or is this how its going to be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 02:48 PM
    I have not had any problems like this with my Torch. I can have several apps running and switch back and forth almost instantly. How many apps are you running when you have this problem?
    08-14-10 02:58 PM
    home messages social feeds browser bbm phone?
    08-14-10 03:47 PM
    home messages social feeds browser bbm phone? it seems to happen mostly whem im 3G and get a beep from a social feed or bbm, i havent been hitting the bb button ive just been getting out of the program im in and going to the one that is alerting me. maybe hitting the bb button will be easier
    08-14-10 03:49 PM
    I have the same problem I'm not sure if it's going to go away or what...the device is snappy and quick 90% of the time but every now and then I get that 1-2 second hangup - no hourglass or anything just nothing happening - then bam it's fast again.

I think this is especially common when I receive a text or email...and I try to open the messages app during the vibrate, before it plays the alert, and the whole thing seems to get caught up.

I don't know if it's my phone or if it's just a young OS that needs to be optimized...I'd love to know if others are not experiencing this at all because I have 28 days left to swap my phone for a new one!

EDIT: These problems are still occurring after a reboot and with no apps running - and I only have a half dozen apps installed - nothing big either.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 08-14-10 at 03:54 PM.
    08-14-10 03:51 PM
    i dont want to sound like a whiner but its really annoying, aside from the horrible web browsing my 9000 was awesome, i dont really want to goto the 9700 but thats probably my next move if i cant figure this out... anyone have any suggestions?
    08-14-10 04:03 PM
    I had not had this problem yet but tried to make it happen and it did. It almost seems random. I have contacts, messages, maps, camera, browser, app world, facebook, bb messenger, phone, calendar, music, visual voice mail, and social feeds all running. I can switch back and forth as fast as I can tap the screen with no lag, it really works great. Occasionally (it seems almost random) I will tap to switch to an app and nothing happens. If I hit escape to return to the previous app I can hold the menu key to switch to another application and it works fine.

Maybe this is a software problem that will be fixed, and the only time so far I've had this problem is when switching between apps very fast several times in a row. It hasn't caused me any problems until I tried to make it happen.
    08-14-10 04:11 PM
    Same here. I'm beginning to wonder if running items are just getting caught\hung during processing...

I have the same problem I'm not sure if it's going to go away or what...the device is snappy and quick 90% of the time but every now and then I get that 1-2 second hangup - no hourglass or anything just nothing happening - then bam it's fast again.

I think this is especially common when I receive a text or email...and I try to open the messages app during the vibrate, before it plays the alert, and the whole thing seems to get caught up.

I don't know if it's my phone or if it's just a young OS that needs to be optimized...I'd love to know if others are not experiencing this at all because I have 28 days left to swap my phone for a new one!

EDIT: These problems are still occurring after a reboot and with no apps running - and I only have a half dozen apps installed - nothing big either.
    08-14-10 04:12 PM
    i wasnt trying to make it happen, i guess i should just be more aware of whats running right?
    08-14-10 04:17 PM
    Same here. I'm beginning to wonder if running items are just getting caught\hung during processing...
    It always hang up on me when I am running WeatherBugs, sigh.
    08-14-10 04:20 PM
    Do you think maybe it's caused by certain applications? Maybe problems with certain applications on the new OS is the source of the problem. I have social feeds, Facebook, browser, BB messenger, phone, camera, and messages running now and can't cause lag even when I try to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 04:28 PM
    "It always hang up on me when I am running WeatherBugs, sigh." It's broken for the Torch right now, try another one.

I have had lack of smoothness but boy did it lag out while DL'ing podcasts in the background. First real app to take the UI to a stall so far for me.
    08-14-10 05:12 PM
    i dont get it at all maybe ill try bringing it back for a new torch, i cant deal with it, it pisses me off
    08-14-10 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD