BlackBerry Slider Phone's Rumored Launch Is Next Month - Blackberry talladega - Gizmodo

Well there it is... But I wouldn't put that much into this article, its not detailed enough. I think its a lil' shocking, but it does give us some options. I'm debating on getting this or the 9650 (the bold/tour 2 or whatever you want to call it). Good thing is that its also rumored that SPRINT might release it first...
    Last edited by j1two; 03-18-10 at 10:48 AM.
    03-18-10 10:46 AM
    BlackBerry Slider Phone's Rumored Launch Is Next Month - Blackberry talladega - Gizmodo

Well there it is... But I wouldn't put that much into this article, its not detailed enough. I think its a lil' shocking, but it does give us some options. I'm debating on getting this or the 9650 (the bold/tour 2 or whatever you want to call it). Good thing is that its also rumored that SPRINT might release it first...
    I'll take my chances here and guarantee you the phone won't be released in a month from today. Not a single chance.

The other thing... If Verizon gets to release this phone (which they should), I also guarantee Sprint won't release before Verizon.
    03-18-10 11:19 AM
    Salomondrin - will there be cdma and gsm versions of this device?
    03-18-10 11:24 AM
    I'll take my chances here and guarantee you the phone won't be released in a month from today. Not a single chance.

The other thing... If Verizon gets to release this phone (which they should), I also guarantee Sprint won't release before Verizon.

Thanks for the response... My thing is (if you/anyone can answer this it would be great) why does Sprint always play second fiddle when it comes to releases of Blackberries? I just don't get it...
    03-18-10 11:41 AM
    i doubt it its gonna b next month
    03-18-10 12:15 PM
    03-18-10 12:24 PM
    Since this is all speculation off of a translation from a parts supplier, maybe it just means their company is going to start supplying parts for the mass-production units starting next month?

If that were true, then we would still be looking at a few months before production units make it through.
    03-18-10 01:44 PM
    Since this is all speculation off of a translation from a parts supplier, maybe it just means their company is going to start supplying parts for the mass-production units starting next month?

If that were true, then we would still be looking at a few months before production units make it through.

Yeah, its probably a misquote that has been blown out of proportion. Even Salomondrin stated earlier in the thread that he doesn't think this is going to happen. He usually gets a test device before hand. Also there hasn't been a hands on review of it yet and those usually happens about three months before the release of a phone. But if RIM pulls it off (I hope they do) it would be one of the most stealth projects they have ever done...
    03-18-10 02:35 PM
    Yeah sure....I was told it's going to be released at April 1st....

03-18-10 02:44 PM
    RIM has to step it up I would be really surprised If
    it does come out next month
    03-18-10 02:53 PM
    Thanks for the response... My thing is (if you/anyone can answer this it would be great) why does Sprint always play second fiddle when it comes to releases of Blackberries? I just don't get it...
    I guess RIM and Verizon have a deal about it.
    03-18-10 03:43 PM
    well lets consider it. rim knows that apple will release their iphone 4g this summer. rim needs something to shake things up and compete with their rival. rim wants to cash in customers with their blackberry slider as soon as possible. that is why they want to release it early. imagine if they release it after the iphone 4g has launched. more people would jump on the iphone 4g then the blackberry slider. i can bet you apple iphone 4g will not be the fluke the iphone 3gs was. apple is ready to take it to the next level. rim needs to do the same. thats why it makes sense for them react quickly. but they need their devices to be completely functional and not defective with bugs when they first launch it. that is the only way to please the crowd and draw attention.
    03-18-10 11:30 PM
    well lets consider it. rim knows that apple will release their iphone 4g this summer. rim needs something to shake things up and compete with their rival. rim wants to cash in customers with their blackberry slider as soon as possible. that is why they want to release it early. imagine if they release it after the iphone 4g has launched. more people would jump on the iphone 4g then the blackberry slider. i can bet you apple iphone 4g will not be the fluke the iphone 3gs was. apple is ready to take it to the next level. rim needs to do the same. thats why it makes sense for them react quickly. but they need their devices to be completely functional and not defective with bugs when they first launch it. that is the only way to please the crowd and draw attention.

I agree to an extent, but we got to look at what company we're talking about also. Is RIM really in the business of consumer appeal? I don't think they are... I compare them to Tommy Hilfiger back in the 90's. I know I might get some flak for that statement but hear me out. Tommy Hilfiger marketed their brand to a particular sector of the market, but ended up getting another sector buying their brand. They were successful w/ both sectors, but they really didn't conform their brand to meet the other sector when they start buy their products. I think RIM is in the same category. Yeah they made money off of the Pearl, but their bread and butter are the Curve and Bold which were geared more for business purposes. Yes, the Curve has become mainstream but I don't think RIM really planed that way. I think the Pearl was suppose to be the "gateway" phone for RIM... Lol.
    03-19-10 09:10 AM
    There is absolutely no guarantees that the iPhone 4G is going to as great as people talk. Judging off of Apples record, the 4G really won't be that much different than the 3G version.
    03-19-10 09:09 PM
    There is absolutely no guarantees that the iPhone 4G is going to as great as people talk. Judging off of Apples record, the 4G really won't be that much different than the 3G version.
    no way. i think it will be special.
    03-19-10 09:51 PM
    next month??? before(or even the same time as) the Bold??? Nah... dont think so...
    03-20-10 10:55 AM
    next month??? before(or even the same time as) the Bold??? Nah... dont think so...
    Sorry man, dumb question... Did you get your nickname from American Dad? If not, sorry please dismiss the question. LOL
    03-20-10 11:02 AM
    My crackberry conspiracy theory was that the uproar about the Tour 2/Bold 9650 release date was a smoke screen for them to work on this phone... But I digress...
    03-20-10 12:32 PM
    When it comes to Apple nobody knows what will be released. Until till they have a press conference or a keynote. That place is like a super max prison.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-10 09:54 PM
    yeah no way i could see that happen either.
    03-20-10 11:15 PM
    I highly doubt the slider would be released next month
    03-21-10 09:36 AM
    I won't be surprised if RIM makes the formal announcement in regards to this phone at the WES.
    03-21-10 10:34 AM
    Given the amount of leaks for the slider so far, the earliest we are likely to see it would be late summer, if it was due next month then more info would have leaked by now.
    03-21-10 05:56 PM
    When it comes to Apple nobody knows what will be released. Until till they have a press conference or a keynote. That place is like a super max prison.
    While keeping stuff secret is good in theory, one drawback is when it is a hotly anticipated product like the apple tablet, so many people were disappointed with the ipad when it was announced because rumored devices were so much better.
    03-21-10 05:57 PM
    I think you well end up disappointed then, while sales keep increasing they have little incentive to make major changes to the hardware, at best the updates due to v4.0 of the os might be the biggest change.
    03-21-10 06:00 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD