Just out of curiosity, has it occured to anyone that maybe because blackberry just brought out the Slider and they are also working on a tablet for this year, that maybe there is not going to be a Storm 3 this year? Also that abomination called the clamshell coming out to big red, maybe the Storm has seen its last days? I mean, no specs leaked and its already the middle of the year? Maybe the slider will take its place?

BTW - This thread is meant to provoke thought and ponder all possibilities, not to attack the diehards who might think that the meer mentioning of ideas like these is proposterous and is punishable by hanging.

Thoughts?
    06-16-10 10:42 AM
    I'm sure they are making one, but I'm sure it will blow just like the last two.
    06-16-10 10:58 AM
    Personally I think it would be a mistake for RIM to abandon the Storm. There will
    always be a market for a straight up touchscreen device and there are legions of
    fans of the Storm (both 1 and 2.)
    06-16-10 11:14 AM
    Personally I think it would be a mistake for RIM to abandon the Storm. There will
    always be a market for a straight up touchscreen device and there are legions of
    fans of the Storm (both 1 and 2.)
    I would agree, If by legions you mean 12.
    06-16-10 11:18 AM
    You just live to trash the Storm line of phones.

I'm a big fan of the Storm devices so I'm hoping they do make it an annual release like originally rumored. I have faith one is coming out this year, I just think it's being kept under tight wraps due to NDA's getting more serious.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 11:25 AM
    I don't and regardless of YOUR dislike for the device it does not change the
    fact that 10s of 1000s like it quite a lot.

P.S. Trolling a Mod is not a very good idea, so let it go. We know, you don't
    like the Storm or anything BlackBerry and by and large, WE DO NOT CARE.
    06-16-10 11:27 AM

Sure, thanks for the heads up.
    06-16-10 11:37 AM
    I can't see them abandoning the Storm series. It would be a another shot in your own foot for RIM to back off that series. There have been threads in these here forums talking about "hands on" with the S3.
    06-16-10 12:14 PM
    If they diverted some energy in making a much, much better Storm 3 instead of
    making these clamshell and slider devices, which basically are remakes of the same
    devices with different form factors, they might actually make a decent touchscreen
    that non-touchscreen users would look at.
    06-16-10 12:41 PM
    I would not want to look at any touchscreen phone... and I'm sure that I'm not
    alone in that preference.

06-16-10 01:03 PM
    Oh snap! So witty. Where's my snare drum?
    06-16-10 01:40 PM
    I`m sure, suddenly it will come out ouf nowhere...
    Like the clamshell - no one expectet that!

Just be patient...

Me = still waiting for a new Bold "9000" - Magnum where are you?!
    06-16-10 01:42 PM
    I've seen you act quite reasonably in recent days, but then you always go back to the one liners and the troll LIKE (I said TROLL LIKE) behavior. ::::sigh::::::
    06-16-10 02:12 PM
    If you are going to be negative please dont come here. Devildrifterx, if you have an evo, love it so much why lurk on these boards if it wasn't for the fact that you miss your blackberry in one capacity or another ( i was in same position with the incredible and regular droid).

There is a large market for non touch screen berrys, whether it is a pearl size, bold size or curve size. Same can be said for touch screens. I absolutely love my storm 9550 and everytime I sell it or trade it away, I end up getting another because of its usability is like no other to me. I have had both the droid and the incredible and always felt like something was missing with them- maybe I wont feel that way about the Droid X when I give it a spin next month or later this month whenever.

I think certain phones right now have been under wraps until their release nears (ie droid2 and droidx). We started seeing images and info around the 3 month mark prior to release. Look at the bold 9650 we heard rumblings but we didnt get the whole story (512 memory etc..) until right before the release.

I truly hope they come out with a storm3 4 etc.. But that is just my .02
    06-16-10 02:43 PM
    I've seen you act quite reasonably in recent days, but then you always go back to the one liners and the troll LIKE (I said TROLL LIKE) behavior. ::::sigh::::::
    Nah, that was a classic line he delivered, I'm still laughing over it. It's a gem, and should be treated as such. A rough unworked gem that should be stuck 3 miles beneath the surface of the Earth under immense heat and pressure for a million years where no one will ever have to look at it again.
    06-16-10 04:48 PM
    i have heard that a tablet is in the works but only time will tell
    06-16-10 06:28 PM
    I'm sure they are making one, but I'm sure it will blow just like the last two.
    How long did you use each of the Storms?
    06-16-10 07:09 PM

Said so nicely but so to the point......great post!
    06-16-10 07:15 PM
    It takes about 2 years for a new RIM product to be developed and released to the market. Anything released today would have started 2 years ago. The Storm 2 is a relatively new product. Wouldn't you want RIM to learn from their last release before shipping a new one?
    06-16-10 08:31 PM
    Give rim some time...I think its a bit early to be talking about the storm 3

06-16-10 10:05 PM
    How long did you use each of the Storms?
    I had the 9530 at launch for 10 months before I chucked it and went to the Bold 9000, and my aunt has a 9550 that I usually update every two to three weeks.

Its still lackluster even after all this time.
    06-16-10 10:07 PM
    Almost positive there will be a Storm3 this year, with the only reasoning (IMO) that's they'd hold it back until next year would be to make sure its LTE ready.

Salomondin has stated that he believes its coming out this year, and there was recently a twitter for BBleaks that stated the "as of now specs" for the Storm3.

For the people not impressed with the Storm series....I think you all are going to be impressed with the next iteration. I believe (read: am REALLY hoping) that RIM really gives us something comparable to the offerings on other platforms.....especially spec wise.

If not then im off to the next WebOS device
    06-16-10 10:14 PM
    Almost positive there will be a Storm3 this year, with the only reasoning (IMO) that's they'd hold it back until next year would be to make sure its LTE ready.
    I hope so too. and to me it makes sense, especially if it DOES support both EVDO and HSPA, so the former Canadian carriers can use it on both their networks (HSPA usually, but will drop to EVDO or 1xRTT if there is congestion or poor service)

If not then im off to the next WebOS device
    Which, if HP stays true to their word, will be a printer. Wouldn't you rather be off to the next WebOS PHONE?
    06-17-10 12:13 AM
    Well, since the Slider will now be called a "Torch" (that's original RIM... lol, NOT), the way I look at this is before the next Storm hits, I can use a torch to cook the clam (in the shell) and then eat it while sitting at a table(t).
    06-17-10 12:21 AM
    Which, if HP stays true to their word, will be a printer. Wouldn't you rather be off to the next WebOS PHONE?
    ROFL

06-17-10 06:49 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD