According to BGR, the infamous Slidder (9800) will be released in mid to late June for AT&T, running Backberry 6.0.

More info here.......

BlackBerry Bold 9800 slider launching in June at AT&T � Boy Genius Report
    05-14-10 06:23 AM
    Damn you AT&T!!!!!!!!

Hope T-Mo gets soon... I'm never going back to AT&T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 06:49 AM
    This is great, I'm upgrade eligible at the beginning of July. I wonder what the upgrade price will be? $300? PLEASE have some kind of good deal, AT&T. Probably not, though, if it's an AT&T exclusive for 3-6 months as BGR says.
    05-14-10 07:12 AM
    Sooo sprint is getting it, does that mean verizon is also?? I'm trying not to get my hopes up..

05-14-10 07:14 AM
    I was just at the Tim Hortons beside RIM 8 on Albert Street and I asked an employee that had a RIM badge on about the slider. He actually didnt deny me info he said June aswell. He didnt say which carrier to me though.
    05-14-10 07:25 AM
    Sooo sprint is getting it, does that mean verizon is also?? I'm trying not to get my hopes up..

Since they're (eventually) coming out with a CDMA version for Sprint, I would imagine you could get an unlocked one and run it on Verizon.
    05-14-10 07:25 AM
    Today...is the greatest...day I've ever known! This will make a great Father's Day gift
    05-14-10 07:47 AM
    I just really hope that AT&T's exclusive rights are only 3 months as the BGR article mentioned as a possibility, as I am due for a TMO upgrade in november!

05-14-10 07:49 AM
    Today...is the greatest...day I've ever known! This will make a great Father's Day gift

No. the greatest day is when dakota is released. not the bold slider
    05-14-10 07:49 AM
    No. the greatest day is when dakota is released. not the bold slider
    I hope more info comes out on the Dakota within the next couple of months. I wouldn't want to get the 9800 and then find the Dakota coming out by, say, November. Although it would have to be a lot better than the 9800 for me to wait. One of the things that the 9800 will have over the Dakota -- and it's a BIG thing for these old eyes -- is (apparently) the much larger screen.
    05-14-10 08:07 AM
    Oh yes, the wait to decide between the slider and the Dakota is going to be painful. I'm not sure what I'll go with, but my husband seems to be excited about the slider.
    05-14-10 08:20 AM
    Well there goes my hopes of a t-mobile release. I guess I'll be picking up 2 9700's instead.
    05-14-10 08:21 AM
    I might have to leave t-mobile for this.. since they never fixed their 3g issues with my 9700
    05-14-10 08:33 AM
    I just really hope that AT&T's exclusive rights are only 3 months as the BGR article mentioned as a possibility, as I am due for a TMO upgrade in november!

Yeah seriously... I'm getting pretty sick of AT&T's "exclusive" deals... it's the only they can keep customers... by essentially blackmailing them by hoarding devices....

I HOPE this will come to T-Mo by fall!! Still happy with my 9700, so can tough it out a few months
    05-14-10 09:01 AM
    Yeah seriously... I'm getting pretty sick of AT&T's "exclusive" deals... it's the only they can keep customers... by essentially blackmailing them by hoarding devices....
    They are like the xbox 360 of the phone industry.
    05-14-10 09:15 AM
    makes sense. they want something for customers who want the storm but dont want the iphone. i know a couple of people who fall into that category.

I personally wouldnt want this phone. i want the pearl and the dakota
    05-14-10 09:58 AM
    makes sense. they want something for customers who want the storm but dont want the iphone. i know a couple of people who fall into that category.

I personally wouldnt want this phone. i want the pearl and the dakota
    I don't want the Storm. If I wanted a touch screen only device, no doubt I would want the iPhone. What I would like is something iPhone-like on the touchscreen front but with a BB keyboard. This may do it, particularly since it won't have that cursed SurePress. The Dakota may be too small screen-wise, but we'll see.
    05-14-10 10:05 AM
    canuck tmobile has some exclusive devices too, remember the first Android Phone, or the HD2 its just the way for companies to control phones and get customers.
    05-14-10 02:17 PM
    canuck tmobile has some exclusive devices too, remember the first Android Phone, or the HD2 its just the way for companies to control phones and get customers.
    Wait what? last time I checked we didn't have a tmobile. Rogers, yes. Tmobile, no.
    05-14-10 03:27 PM
    I guess I will wait on the EVO untill sprint releases this, this looks just what I want.Cant wait.
    05-14-10 03:31 PM
    Hey I can't wait for this to come out!!!! .... But here's food for thought .... Why if it is being released in June (which I really hope is true!) wasn't this device mentioned at WES? The pearl 3G and the CDMA bold were mentioned and are being released soon so why not this one? Just something to think about

05-14-10 08:48 PM
    I hope they're not rushing it.

The fact that they didn't mention it at WES, maybe they're feeling a little pressure? Maybe they feel like they need to strike the iron now?

Either way, this is the phone that will get me to sign onto a contract.

05-14-10 09:13 PM
    well i'm running a storm 2 on tmo and not having 3G sucks. at least now i can get a touch screen 3G that'll run 3G on tmo. yeah i might have to cough up more dough but i can't wait to get 3G back. att might have the rights to it but going forward RIM said all GSM phones will cover all 3G frequincies. so i'm good
    05-14-10 09:26 PM
    I've been informed by an inside source that this device still has A LOT of work to be done on it before it is ready for the public. RIM employees have had the opportunity to try it, but it is still no where near production quality.
    05-14-10 11:53 PM
    If AT&T is getting this exclusively in US, and it's on the HSPA+ network.

Then I would assume Bell would be getting it in Canada because its HSPA+ network have the same band as AT&T.

I really hope so!
    05-15-10 03:00 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD