Except that its an online offer... So people from best buy cant get this discount, you also can't buy it at a bell store either.
    I think its a great move from bell, sort of a compensation for giving us **** and unprofessionalism.
    The plans are just like telus and rogers. They also don't charge monthly activation fee. I'm not sure what to do. I've been with telus for a while. What are you guys thinking?
    09-24-10 01:49 PM
    Yes, its totally worth all the cancellation fees with your current contract to save $20.

If $20 is going to change your life, you need to find new employment.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the monthly activation fee is still there just in the form of a raised rate from what it used to be.
    09-24-10 01:59 PM
    Except that its an online offer... So people from best buy cant get this discount, you also can't buy it at a bell store either.
    I think its a great move from bell, sort of a compensation for giving us **** and unprofessionalism.
    The plans are just like telus and rogers. They also don't charge monthly activation fee. I'm not sure what to do. I've been with telus for a while. What are you guys thinking?
    for $20 nope.. rogers is bad but at least the service is better IMO... and their retentions is A LOT easier to get stuff from... they'll give u pretty much anything..

not like the stupid points you gotta get at bell..

so no.. out of the big 3 i think Rogers is still the best for me!

Yes, its totally worth all the cancellation fees with your current contract to save $20.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the monthly activation fee is still there just in the form of a raised rate from what it used to be.

i believe your right.. the monthly fee is just calculated into the plan price... it's hidden ; >
    09-24-10 02:04 PM
    I was about to post the same as Rikter.

Even without the cancellation fee. $20 to switch carriers is hardly worth it, and I don't know what telus vs bell plans you are comparing but I don't see much of a change +/-$ 10 per month. Between all 3 carriers, and it depends purely on usage needs, no carrier is consistently less expensive.

I am planning on using the Torch to Cancel my Bell plan as with my needs Rogers will save me $18/month. + hardware insurance over bell, saving 20 on a phone is pointless to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-10 02:07 PM

Wow, whats with the attitude... Im currently with no contract. and I'm just trying to choose one. Obviously if you're in a contract no one will pay 400$ to cancel. So how about we grow up...
    09-24-10 02:11 PM
    Wow you Rogers guys are as ignorant as their service itself.

If you dont live in the GTA, rogers is crap.

The fees arent HIDDEN, they are incorporated into the plans so its an extra charge the end user doesnt have to worry about, and the fact that they can do it for the same price roughly as telus and rogers PRE activation fee is awesome.

Their retentions department WORKS for you now, now I know like 5 years ago Bell was absolute crap... their service has really stepped up. they have my plan down $35 from pre retentions price per month.

And coming from Telus, its tough, if you can go lock yourself into the back to school plan right now it really cant be beat. but I find their 3G network isnt as fast as Bells, but faster than Rogers. It might be because all the traffic and issues they are having with iPhone data right now (I directly compared my fiances 9700 Telus vs my 9700 on Bell vs My cousins 9700, ALL had 5 bars 3G service and were in the same park outside no interference)

It is a personal decision, but dont jump ship over a phone that $20 cheaper, check out their monthly rates and Telus SHOULD match the price on Bells phone.

Bell matched Rogers 9700 release price for me when it came out last november.
    Last edited by Fubaz; 09-24-10 at 02:14 PM.
    09-24-10 02:12 PM
    I was about to post the same as Rikter.

Even without the cancellation fee. $20 to switch carriers is hardly worth it, and I don't know what telus vs bell plans you are comparing but I don't see much of a change +/-$ 10 per month. Between all 3 carriers, and it depends purely on usage needs, no carrier is consistently less expensive.

I am planning on using the Torch to Cancel my Bell plan as with my needs Rogers will save me $18/month. + hardware insurance over bell, saving 20 on a phone is pointless to me.

Ya I was thinking about Rogers too.. Maybe I can save too
    09-24-10 02:13 PM
    Personally Bell would need a lot more incentive to get me to move to their company. I've had services with them in the past, and I have nothing nice to say. I'll stick with Rogers because I've been with them for almost 16 years and they always work with me, not against me

09-24-10 02:15 PM
    Ya I was thinking about Rogers too.. Maybe I can save too

you are in toronto, which is pretty much the only place rogers works well....
    09-24-10 02:16 PM
    Wow you Rogers guys are as ignorant as their service itself.

If you dont live in the GTA, rogers is crap.

The fees arent HIDDEN, they are incorporated into the plans so its an extra charge the end user doesnt have to worry about, and the fact that they can do it for the same price roughly as telus and rogers PRE activation fee is awesome.

Their retentions department WORKS for you now, now I know like 5 years ago Bell was absolute crap... their service has really stepped up. they have my plan down $35 from pre retentions price per month.

And coming from Telus, its tough, if you can go lock yourself into the back to school plan right now it really cant be beat. but I find their 3G network isnt as fast as Bells, but faster than Rogers. It might be because all the traffic and issues they are having with iPhone data right now (I directly compared my fiances 9700 Telus vs my 9700 on Bell vs My cousins 9700, ALL had 5 bars 3G service and were in the same park outside no interference)

It is a personal decision, but dont jump ship over a phone that $20 cheaper, check out their monthly rates and Telus SHOULD match the price on Bells phone.

Bell matched Rogers 9700 release price for me when it came out last november.
    that's why i said IMO : > rogers waives my SAF every month, and i get a lot of free services along with my cable and internet ..

i never leave toronto and the places i've been to in Ontario are Good i.e waterloo, london, up north in cottage country..
    09-24-10 02:20 PM
    I have to disagree that the service is crap outside of TO. I have great service in Alberta... There are a couple shaky spots in the mountains, but not like it used to be years ago.

09-24-10 02:36 PM
    How about you find the best price for a plan.

Call up Bell, Rogers, Telus and see what they can offer you. Call around.
    09-24-10 02:37 PM
    I have to disagree that the service is crap outside of TO. I have great service in Alberta... There are a couple shaky spots in the mountains, but not like it used to be years ago.

i have a close friend in edmonton and all he does is cuss about it on his 9000
    09-24-10 02:37 PM
    i have a close friend in edmonton and all he does is cuss about it on his 9000
    Weird, I go to Edmonton quite often with no issues. Going tonight as well. Maybe his phone isn't very good?

09-24-10 02:44 PM
    if you're a business/corp customer then all 3 are fairly easy to deal with.

on the residential side, rogers and telus is by far the best. bell is a nightmare and i wouldn't wish them on anyone.
    09-24-10 03:04 PM

Pretty inaccurate statement. Rogers pwns the Maritimes. If anything, GTA is crap compared to the Maritimes. I have plenty of friends from GTA who came here and were shocked at the speeds they were getting off Rogers. In the end, it doesn't matter...squabbling over carriers is just dumb. You use what's best for you in your area. And no, $20 isn't worth the change. It's $20..I'd find that in my couch and change dishes if I actually cared to look.
    09-24-10 03:07 PM
    I checked with Bell and Rogers, and their plans are almost $20 more per month for what I want above and beyond what Virgin Moblie charges. If you're going to switch to anyone, might as well be Virgin. I still find it astounding that Bell will blithely offer the Virgin Mobile pricing under another brand and charge $20 more a month for the exactly same thing... and that people will blithely pay it.
    09-24-10 03:27 PM
    Please stop saying this

You must not travel the province consistently

Rogers will have the widest GSM coverage in Ontario as of November first with their partnership with Tbaytel.

Comparing them to CDMA you are correct they suck compared to Bell and Telus, but the Torch is not CDMA. And being someone who is rather obsessive about coverage area as I travel the entire province all year from kenora to hearst to niagara falls to Sarina. And all places between with paved roads.

The coverage comparison I have been doing with Bell GSM vs Rogers GSM over the past 6 months has proven once Tbaytel and Rogers solidify their agreements on November first, there geographic coverage will be the best in Ontario.

09-24-10 04:36 PM
    Incorrect..Works well in Greater Vancouver area as well!
    09-24-10 08:03 PM
    Incorrect..Works well in Greater Vancouver area as well!
    I can vouch for that.

09-24-10 08:34 PM
    Some one please send this guy $20

In my experience and the experience of a great deal of people I know personally Bell is the absolute worste provider you can deal with. Myself and many others have left them for Rogers and funny enough the only time they were willing to offer me any help was after I left and they wanted my $ back in their pockets.

Also I have been coast to coast on rogers with very little reception issues. It would serve those bashing Rogers reception to know what they were talking about rather than relying on a buddy with a ****ty phone as their sole source of info.

09-24-10 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD