With all the hype going on about the Blackberry Torch releasing August 12th. They are already talking about a Torch 2. Saying it will probably come sooner rather than later. Should I go ahead and get the 9800 or wait for the torch 2 (or whatever they call it). Would I just be waiting time enjoying a new phone? I will have to go into another 2 yr contract. I bought the bold 9000 then an 1.5 years later the 9700 came out. I was fine with that as I loved my 9000.

My question is would I sort of ignorant to wait?
    08-06-10 01:32 PM
    The 9800 will be a nice change from the 9000 which I had before my 9700. My 9700 is a great device. Any refresh is probably at least a year away.
    08-06-10 01:36 PM
    Exactly. That's what I was thinking. My 9000 is great, but it's sadly dying. After Nearing 2 years it's life is almost gone. LOL.. It's getting where it doesn't want to load a lot of stuff. HAHA.
    08-06-10 01:40 PM
    I plan on upgrading from the 9000 to the 9800. I too would be going to another 2 year contract. But if we sit around waiting for the next great rumored phone we'd never get a new phone. I don't think I'll feel guilty with the 9800 for 2 years (which you can upgrade before 2 years anyway) while other phones come out.
    08-06-10 01:45 PM
    With all the hype going on about the Blackberry Torch releasing August 12th. They are already talking about a Torch 2. Saying it will probably come sooner rather than later. Should I go ahead and get the 9800 or wait for the torch 2 (or whatever they call it). Would I just be waiting time enjoying a new phone? I will have to go into another 2 yr contract. I bought the bold 9000 then an 1.5 years later the 9700 came out. I was fine with that as I loved my 9000.

My question is would I sort of ignorant to wait?
    I don't think a new Torch would come out for another year, although who knows, one could come out as early as next May or June. If that phone so thoroughly outshines the 9800 that you have to have it, you can get an exception upgrade. Or you can do what you and I both did with the 9000 when the 9700 came out -- sit tight and wait for the next one. So don't deprive yourself.
    08-06-10 01:45 PM
    I plan on upgrading from the 9000 to the 9800. I too would be going to another 2 year contract. But if we sit around waiting for the next great rumored phone we'd never get a new phone. I don't think I'll feel guilty with the 9800 for 2 years (which you can upgrade before 2 years anyway) while other phones come out.
    You have a great point. "if we sit around waiting for the next great rumored phone we'd never get a new phone."

I don't think a new Torch would come out for another year, although who knows, one could come out as early as next May or June. If that phone so thoroughly outshines the 9800 that you have to have it, you can get an exception upgrade. Or you can do what you and I both did with the 9000 when the 9700 came out -- sit tight and wait for the next one. So don't deprive yourself.
    True. Although I don't know how the exceptional upgrades work. I called and asked for one and they told me NO.
    08-06-10 01:50 PM
    Exactly. Get the 9800 now which will be a great improvement and do an exception upgrade or a secured upgrade when the Torch 2 is released later next year. My son who had a Propel and then did a secured upgrade to a Solstice. I paid only about $75 above the 2yr price and extended the contract two more years.
    08-06-10 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD