H-E-L-L to the no.

F having to switch the direction of my phone just to type on the keyboard.. and IF you still prefer typing that way, use the touch screen horizontal keyboard... but I'm glad they didn't make it so you HAD to turn it no matter what, this way basically gives you the option....

Plus it looks great as is... Horizontal sliders just look cheap imo...
    06-18-10 04:37 PM
    Vertical all the way!
    06-18-10 04:40 PM
    Bold has the best keyboard of any phone on the market. Why would they not want to reuse it?

RIM couldn't have made it a horizontal slider without actually having to develop a new keyboard. Why bother when they can just reach into there recycled parts bin and make a "new" phone with the Storm screen and bold keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-19-10 02:52 PM
    no thank you!
    06-19-10 06:09 PM
    I have never seen a horizontal keyboard that was any good. Everyone I know with the Motorola Droid uses the on screen keyboard instead because it is so bad.

Nobody complains about the keyboard on the bold...
    06-23-10 08:34 PM
    Vertical slider all the way. I was hoping for a horizontal keyboard at first, but then I realized that you'd have to turn the phone sideways everytime you'd want to use it. The cast majority of the time, I use my Storm in portrait mode.
    Also, don't forget the four keys and trackpad. It would be really awkward having them on the side of the phone, perpendicular to the keyboard when typing. The same applies to the convenience keys.
    Lastly, having a headset or USB cable plugged into the phone may block the sliding mechanism if it's on the other side. They could put it on the same side as the keys, but then they'd get in the way. They can put the plugs on the bottom, but that would be rather unprecedented. I don't know how that would work out.

They could make the four buttons virtual buttons. Horizontal slider gives a much larger keyboard for older users with poorer vision and coordination.

RIM is testing more Horizontal BlackBerry keyboards � N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    08-16-11 01:07 AM
    Horizontal sliders are terrible! My hands are too small to use anything with a horizontal slider.! I love the vertical slider of my Torch.
    08-16-11 03:56 PM
    Definitely NO to horizontal sliders!!
    Vertical sliders on the Torch is just fine for me

08-17-11 02:48 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD