I frequently email contacts at a local university. For some unknown reasons all of my emails being sent from my desktop MS Outlook are being bounced back. Email from my BB is getting through fine. University IT gurus are asking for the BB incoming and outgoing settings. Any help please? Where do I find the settings?
    10-23-11 12:12 PM
    I frequently email contacts at a local university. For some unknown reasons all of my emails being sent from my desktop MS Outlook are being bounced back. Email from my BB is getting through fine. University IT gurus are asking for the BB incoming and outgoing settings. Any help please? Where do I find the settings?
    You don't set up Blackberry BIS email as you do with Outlook's incoming and outgoing server info. You set it up on the website, where it automatically finds the settings needed. I would double check your Outlook incoming and outgoing smtp settings, they have to be wrong if you are getting bounce backs. I assume that you are saying that emails to an identical address from BB get through, but from your laptop/desktop they bounce. Not to many other possibilites.
    10-23-11 02:36 PM
    What e-mail provider do you have?

Here is a list of the incoming and outgoing mail server settings for some of the common providers.
    10-23-11 02:45 PM
    Another possibility is that your IP address is being blocked. I use Outlook as well as my BlackBerry. When I formerly had AT&T as my e-mail provider, e-mails I sent using Outlook to a person who has VZ FiOS were getting blocked. Since AT&T assigns dynamic IP addresses, he needed to contact Verizon many times to get the IP addresses added to the whitelist.

As it turned out, I switched ISPs, and that issue has not occurred since then.
    10-23-11 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD