All,

I have just recently moved to China and am trying to set up my unlocked BBerry 9800. I have purchased the China Mobile M-Zone sim card and have purchased a bundle for GPRS internet. I have also changed the APN settings to CMNET (username and pw = blank). I am able to get the phone to indicate its on the edge network (which to my understanding means it is running on GPRS).

The issues I am running into are:
    1 - Browser indicates "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device". Have looked around the forum and have not found a solution specific to the 9800, was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what can be done here.

2 - My other applications (gtalk, AIM, google maps, etc) are not currently working either.

Although, oddly enough the my google sync application is working which is allowing my contacts and calendar to stay in sync. This show me that the phone is getting data, but something is not currently configure correctly on my side (perhaps relates to service books).

3 - No push emails (understand that this won't work bc China Mobile doesnt support the phone and BIS) but that can be solved using the GMail app (dependent if I can configure phone right for the apps).

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
    03-25-11 02:20 AM
    Unless you have BIS nothing will work properly on the phone. Since the carrier doesn't support the device you dont have any service books to tell the device what to do with the internet, email, and most apps. Sorry but your more or less left with a brick that can make phone calls.
    03-25-11 07:08 AM
    You will need a provider that supportS blackberry other than that your out the door. This same thing happen to me over there also. Once you get that you will be able to use everything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-11 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD