I am at work and do not have any cellular signal. I just upgraded my OS and now my service books won't reload.
    Can someone tell me if and how i can get the service books installed through a wifi connection or from a back up of my phone prior to the upgrade?

Thanks,
    06-06-11 11:01 AM
    You can restore through Desktop Manager. Choose Device->Restore..., select the backup file you want, ticmark "Select device data and settings" under Select Data to Restore, and checkmark only Service Books. You might need to enable Legacy SB Restore mode on your BB: Options->Device->Advanced System Settings->Service Book, hold down the Alt key while typing SBEB.
    dgary8 likes this.
    06-06-11 11:43 AM
    Why not goto your carrier's BIS website, log-in, send the service books, and as soon as you get cell reception, they'll come in

Assuming you have a computer @ work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-11 12:29 PM
    I've got a unique situation. I work on a drilling rig off the coast of Africa. I will not have cellular reception for 3 weeks. I have to be able to import them through if i want my phone to be able to receive my email through the wifi connection.
    The restore did not seem to work, i did not finish the battery pull yet though.

** Edit**
    It makes it very diffucult to read email on my Playbook using bridge if my phone isn't receiving mail....
    Last edited by dgary8; 06-06-11 at 12:51 PM.
    06-06-11 12:46 PM
    I have the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?
    06-17-15 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD