I cannot believe this....

Just switched to 9800 Torch...what do i notice?

When you search for a keyword it only searched the SUBJECT and NAME? ugh!

now good luck searching for a 2 week old email if you cant remember the subject. This is ridiculous! Grr switching back to 9700 as soon as i get my replacmeent unit.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

I am searching for a specific keyword...ooooh no results...

i am searching for a order #....oooo no results
    i am searching for someone's name within a email....ooo no results
    restaurant name that someone might have sent in a email...oo no results!
    10-16-10 03:58 PM
    If you go into your mailbox then to search..advanced search I think you can search message from there.
    The main search probably only does subjects cause its less information to index which uses less storage space on the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Edit : in the mailbox its actually "search by" then select advanced.
    10-16-10 04:04 PM
    That is odd. Universal search works just fine.

10-16-10 04:04 PM
    Well I guess if your main need is to search thru countless hundreds or thousands (i'm guessing..else why would this be an issue) of emails to remember some restaurant someone told you about..then I guess this could be an issue. I for one am glad it doesnt bog down my phone looking thru countless emails for one specific word or number..good god how long would that take? If i have important emails..i save them for easier sorting..as well as delete any junk emails off my phone so that I don't have hundreds to sort thru. But that's just me I guess.
    10-16-10 04:06 PM
    well i have a business and i have to search for emails sometimes with order numbers...

regardless the point is, a simple option maybe include body could have solved this issue. It is a issue, because this is a feature that has been taken away.
    10-16-10 04:14 PM
    If you go into your mailbox then to search..advanced search I think you can search message from there.
    The main search probably only does subjects cause its less information to index which uses less storage space on the phone.

Edit : in the mailbox its actually "search by" then select advanced.

GENIUS!! Thank you..so it does exist...I shall take back my b1tchin!

now any idea if there is a shortcut to this somewhere?
    10-16-10 04:16 PM
    GENIUS!! Thank you..so it does exist...I shall take back my b1tchin!

now any idea if there is a shortcut to this somewhere?
    No problem. No shortcut that I know of - but you could post the idea in the 3rd party apps section and maybe a nice developer (like shao or someone) will make it. Its definitely something I think people would use...especially if it is a universal search/advanced search all-in one app that takes place of or enhances the universal search.

10-16-10 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD