Is there any fix to the side to side movement in the slider?
    Is this normal

My screem moves about a quarter of an inch side to side when the slider is closed. When open there is no movement
    This is my second torch and I've done lost a couple of apps due to device changes so I'm trying not to do another return thanks for your help guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 07:49 PM
    In the search engine of your choice copy and paste the following and you will
    find tons of threads on this issue as well as a few detailing "fixes." I am just too
    lazy to post a bunch of links.

site:crackberry.com wiggle
    12-28-10 08:29 PM
    1/4 inch side to side when closed is not normal!
    12-28-10 08:58 PM
    I had a slight wiggle. Bought a $13 case at the local mall. Zero wiggle now.

12-28-10 09:05 PM
    Not good...

12-28-10 09:06 PM
    I'd return it to my carrier for a new one. No reason for that much play.

12-28-10 09:08 PM
    Return it and get a new one.
    It will get worse every single day.
    12-28-10 09:59 PM
    It moves a quarter of an inch??? That's nuts. Take it back.

12-28-10 10:17 PM
    Thanks for the obvious to the first guy who post.. Not much help there. Most people are complaining about the play in their device being up and down not side to side.. I really get tired of seeing the same post about the search function as if YOU personally have to click the link opening my question without giving any advice to the question asked.. Why waste my time or yours clicking the link typing a response and wasting my time having to read your rather un useful post to a question you may or may not have read before..
    If you feel like you see the same question to often try staying off the forums for longer then 5 minutes thanks =)
    Rant ended/

On another note.. Thanks for the people saying to exchange it I'm not sure if att would give me another exchange as I've already exchanged once.. I'm also having to re buy a few programs due to exchanges to.. Trying to save some money and just fix it myself also the hassle of contacting vendors cause for some reason when I log in on app world with a new device my license keys aren't transferred and some like 6tools have really slow customer service ha ha

I have tried the case option. I bought the agp grt ( I think that's what its called ) and my phone had problems sliding after it was on. But thanks for the quick responses to everyone with a useful suggestion (

12-29-10 01:22 AM
    This is normal for 9800 Torch. Crappo keyboard and crappo battery life. I dumped mine when the 9780 was released here and don't regret spending the money. Then I sold my 9800 and almost paid for a better phone.

12-29-10 04:53 AM
    Thanks for the obvious to the first guy who post.. Not much help there. Most people are complaining about the play in their device being up and down not side to side.. I really get tired of seeing the same post about the search function as if YOU personally have to click the link opening my question without giving any advice to the question asked.. Why waste my time or yours clicking the linko typing a response and wasting my time having to read your rather un useful post to a question you may or may not have read before..
    If you feel like you see the same question to often try staying off the forums for longer then 5 minutes thanks =)
    Rant ended/

On another note.. Thanks for the people saying to exchange it I'm not sure if att would give me another exchange as I've already exchanged once.. I'm also having to re buy a few programs due to exchanges to.. Trying to save some money and just fix it myself also the hassle of contacting vendors cause for some reason when I log in on app world with a new device my license keys aren't transferred and some like 6tools have really slow customer service ha ha

I have tried the case option. I bought the agp grt ( I think that's what its called ) and my phone had problems sliding after it was on. But thanks for the quick responses to everyone with a useful suggestion (

They should do the exchange for you again.I know when I was on verizon I had to exchange 2 phones to finally get one that worked (8530). This was at a best buy mobile but as long as it is within 30 days u should be fine. I don't think u should have to deal with a subar phone. Exchange it asap.

12-29-10 05:16 AM
    In the search engine of your choice copy and paste the following and you will
    find tons of threads on this issue as well as a few detailing "fixes." I am just too
    lazy to post a bunch of links.

site:crackberry.com wiggle
    Better throw in "wobble," too, because there are almost just as many threads calling it that.

For that matter, it is more accurately described as "wobble" because it's an inanimate object.
    Last edited by JasW; 12-29-10 at 07:33 AM.
    12-29-10 07:30 AM
    This is normal for 9800 Torch. Crappo keyboard and crappo battery life. I dumped mine when the 9780 was released here and don't regret spending the money. Then I sold my 9800 and almost paid for a better phone.
    We all know the story ML
    12-29-10 07:44 AM
    Thanks for the obvious to the first guy who post.. Not much help there. Most people are complaining about the play in their device being up and down not side to side.. I really get tired of seeing the same post about the search function as if YOU personally have to click the link opening my question without giving any advice to the question asked.. Why waste my time or yours clicking the link typing a response and wasting my time having to read your rather un useful post to a question you may or may not have read before..
    Rant ended/
    Hey dumbass. I pointed you in the right direction, it's on you to follow the link or not. Do you expect someone to come over and wipe your *** for you too.

I didn't tell you to search. I told you what to search for. Pardon the f@#k out of me for trying to show you where to look, some of the discussions and possible fixes. Rant all you want but this has been discussed to death but apparently you STILL need hand holding.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-29-10 at 09:50 AM.
    12-29-10 09:47 AM
    Quit fighting nerds

12-29-10 10:02 AM
    I feel like I need a time out.
    12-29-10 10:03 AM
    Hey dumbass. I pointed you in the right direction, it's on you to follow the link or not. Do you expect someone to come over and wipe your *** for you too.

I didn't tell you to search. I told you what to search for. Pardon the f@#k out of me for trying to show you where to look, some of the discussions and possible fixes. Rant all you want but this has been discussed to death but apparently you STILL need hand holding.
    And apparently you STILL need some anger management classes. Lighten up and learn to respond with some sort of dignity.

OP exchange it ASAP it's only going to get worse. I know it's a big pain but the end result will be a device that works without issues.

12-29-10 11:01 AM
    Get upset with AG all you want, but the only thing that's really suggested in this thread is pretty much to exchange the phone. How's that different than any of the countless other "wiggle threads"?

If the OP wants to be bold, he could maybe try adjusting the screws on the back of the slider with a T6 screwdriver. However, not only will that run the risk of voiding the warranty, but it's not something I've done before. If you want more details in regards to that fix, I think you know what to do...

12-29-10 11:22 AM
    I've got to come in and defend AG...he has done a lot to help people in the forums in the past. Sorry that the OP didn't get the exact answer s/he wanted, but that's life. No need to get our panties in a bunch.

To the OP, you say that you keep losing apps...I'm assuming that they are purchased apps. Have you contacted the developers and told them you got a new BB? Many times they are more than willing to issue you a new registration code to work with the new phone. All you have to do is ask.

12-29-10 11:34 AM
    And apparently you STILL need some anger management classes. Lighten up and learn to respond with some sort of dignity.

OP exchange it ASAP it's only going to get worse. I know it's a big pain but the end result will be a device that works without issues.

You did see that the OP attacked AG first right?

12-29-10 11:35 AM
    This isn't about who attacked whom and I don't feel I was. It is however annoying when someone asks for help, is provided it in a fashion and then get all upset because it wasn't the hand holding, tell me everything in detail so I don't have to friggin read or apply myself type of answer they wanted but was too vague to convey.

As to the dignity comment, spare me. Dignity would have been "Thank you but I was looking for more detail" as opposed to that asinine rant. And I did NOT suggest an exchange because the OP stated he would like to avoid that.

Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 12-29-10 at 11:54 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-29-10 11:52 AM
    I'm also having to re buy a few programs due to exchanges to.. Trying to save some money and just fix it myself also the hassle of contacting vendors cause for some reason when I log in on app world with a new device my license keys aren't transferred and some like 6tools have really slow customer service ha ha

Umm your license keys should be sent to your email which u signed up with on app world. You might have to look for them but its better than waiting a day or 2 for the vender to reply back. What I did was when the email which contained my lisence key was sent to my BB, I saved those email so they were easy to find the next time if I exchange my device or update it. Plus they also backup and restore so its always saved in the "Saved Messages" folder. Hope this helped.

12-29-10 12:48 PM
    This isn't about who attacked whom and I don't feel I was. It is however annoying when someone asks for help, is provided it in a fashion and then get all upset because it wasn't the hand holding, tell me everything in detail so I don't have to friggin read or apply myself type of answer they wanted but was too vague to convey.

As to the dignity comment, spare me. Dignity would have been "Thank you but I was looking for more detail" as opposed to that asinine rant. And I did NOT suggest an exchange because the OP stated he would like to avoid that.

Some people come to these forums without going through ALL of the posts. That's just a reality. But to be condescending and make them feel wrong for just asking for help w/out doing what may be the norm for you isn't the right etiquette, either. Lighten up and realize that some newbies are looking for help and just that.

Last edited by girlontherun; 12-30-10 at 12:30 AM.
    12-29-10 08:52 PM
    You did see that the OP attacked AG first right?

Yea I read the response to AG's post from the OP, however I really didn't view it as an attack but rather a irritated impatience on the part of the OP. I guess he was expecting more than he got from AG's response.
    12-29-10 09:09 PM
    Agreed but some people just need that hand holding warm fuzzy feeling and get impatient if they don't get it. Some people want to provide that type of help and do. Some people are sick of the same topic hashed out over and over again and others just plain don't want to help. Some people won't or don't know how to use the search function. To each his own.

AG you are a super poster here on CB and I'm sure your posts have helped many on CB at one time or another and you should be commended for that. I just felt that the hey dumbass post was a bit harsh and angry sounding so I posted up.

Didn't mean to tork you or anyone else off with my post. In retrospect maybe a general "hey let's all lighten up" post would have been better. Oh well, what's said is said. We all have our own opinion's and that's what makes us human.

As far as the OP, I still think he's gotta exchange that 9800. That amount of side to side movement is NOT normal for a Torch.

Now can we all lighten up (myself included) and enjoy life?
    12-29-10 09:41 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD