So far I like my new Torch, but I do have a question, has anyone found a screen protector that doesn't interfere with the touch screen, so far I have tried 4 different "brands", with no luck, I have turned the screen sensitivity up and almost got one to work. I'm assuming it has to do with the thickness of the material.

Also is there a media player that can emulate the windows media player or windows silver light?

Thanks
    Steve
    Last edited by nvradtec; 12-12-10 at 11:31 AM.
    12-12-10 11:21 AM
    I have a privacy screen protector on my torch that I purchased at Torch Privacy Screen Protector | BlackBerry Leaks and I haven't had any problems with it interfering with the touch screen.
    12-12-10 11:33 AM
    I bought the Steinheil Ultra-Crystal protectors after reading about them on this forum. So far found them to be excellent (used one of the two that comes in the pack). No difference in screen sensitivity at all - did not have to adjust my phone after installing. Also does not seem to interfere with the proximity sensor. BTW i have a 9800 now not the 9000 shown above.
    12-12-10 02:39 PM
    Currently using screen protectors bought from ebay. 5 for $3 not bad no difference in sensitivity
    12-12-10 03:18 PM
    I'm using Clarivue on mine with excellent results. Never had to change any screen sensitivity settings.
    12-12-10 04:14 PM
    i am using a screen protector i got off ebay. 3 for $1.97. it is suprisingly impressive; cut perfectly to fit the screen and doesn't interfere with the touch screen at all.
    12-12-10 04:36 PM
    I removed my touchscreen after a long time. The screen is fine without one tbh. Its way, way more scratch resistant than the other BBs (except the Storm)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 05:06 PM
    I removed my touchscreen after a long time. The screen is fine without one tbh. Its way, way more scratch resistant than the other BBs (except the Storm)
    intriguing post, as it goes against just about every other post i've read on the "toughness" of the Torch's screen. i'll stick with my Zagg Invisible Shield until I see a youtube demo or something a little more concrete.
    12-12-10 06:00 PM
    An ancient proverb states that "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". Generally, this means that it is easier to forestall a disaster than to deal with it.

I will always use a screen protector, and love the ghost armor on my torch. It's completely invisible, no "plastic" feel like some others, and it doesn't affect the touch screen, or the proximity sensor in any way.
    12-12-10 06:35 PM
    i had installed a poloroid antiglare privacy screen protector earlier today, it lasted all of about 15 minutes before i ripped it off.. my touch screen was horrible with it on.
    12-12-10 07:28 PM
    I just bought a 3 pack on eBay for $1.75. Hopefully screen sensitivity will be fine. I think these are the ones that everybody is buying and people seem to be happy with them.
    12-12-10 08:38 PM
    Zagg all the way.

12-12-10 09:29 PM
    I just bought a 3 pack on eBay for $1.75. Hopefully screen sensitivity will be fine. I think these are the ones that everybody is buying and people seem to be happy with them.
    I think this is the one i have, it works fine. Great price too!
    12-13-10 05:39 AM
    I'm using CaseMates screen protector. Bought a case of 3, when i got home I wrecked 2 trying to get them on, then the 3 one was the charm. Got it on perfectly and my touch screen works perfectly still.
    12-13-10 05:43 AM
    I'm using a bestskinsever screen protector, no problems with visibility or screen sensitivity. And I have my brightness turned down to 20% & screen sensitivity is lowered one notch.
    12-13-10 09:11 AM
    Thanks guys and gals, I'll get some different ones ordered and give it a try again
    12-14-10 06:13 PM
    I use Point.Mobi screen protectors I got at Radio Shack and have had zero problems.
    12-14-10 06:39 PM
    How are they working out?
    12-17-10 09:33 PM
    I got the AT&T store to throw one in (actually a pack of two) and there are great. not a problem with touch screen, they are also anti-glare.

best buy had a "box" for Tourch screen protector . . $25.00 I asked how many were in it "oh, only one" WHAT? uhhh no thanks.
    12-17-10 10:13 PM
    I bought a 3-pack from Amazon.com. I think they are by Clarivue (I'm not near the package at the moment). They are super thin and work exceptionally well with my Torch touch screen. I think they cost $0.99 and the shipping was free. Go Me!

Peace....
    12-31-10 09:21 PM
    I'm using casemate as well with no problems.

12-31-10 10:32 PM
    Using an ishieldz one now, works great..

12-31-10 11:15 PM
    Zagg all the way.

Thats what I have and luv it !!
    12-31-10 11:45 PM
    When I got my torch upgrade it came with two accessories free! I chose a case and screen protectors. But I wouldn't recommend buying them from AT&, although they don't mess with the screen at all you would be better off getting them somewhere else for the sake of money.
    01-01-11 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD