Hey guys, I just have a couple of questions. In your opinion, which would be the best screen protector for my Torch? I currently have one on and I'm thinking about replacing it due to it "chipping" off. It seems that there are 2 layers to this screen protector. The one I'm currently using is one that I would want to buy. It doesn't show any fingerprints and it isn't the cheap ebay ones. My mom told me she bought it at the ATT store. Do you guys know which one this is? I like the quality of this especially since it doesn't scratch very easily and isn't fingerprint prone..

And also, what do you guys think about the privacy screen protectors? Any difficulty in viewing the screen? Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-11 12:46 PM
    Honestly...IMO don't bother putting one on. The screen is glass and very scratch resistant. 4 months with no case or protector, kept in my coat/pants pocket all the time and not on single mark on it.
    I don't use a Privacy Screen so can't comment. There are only a couple made for the Torch. They have been discussed in a thread. try a search.

Cheers
    02-18-11 12:49 PM
    I seriously dislike privacy screen protectors. They end up getting very annoying.

ie if the phone is at an angle to you (like laying on the table) you can't read it. That and it reduces the brightness significantly so you have to increase it which uses more power.

I got a 3 pack of clear ones for a few dollars that work great.
    02-18-11 01:15 PM
    Case Mate makes one that shows no finger prints and is anti glare. Here is their site. I have been using one I purchased on ebay for 3 dollars. Been great!

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Cases, Holsters and Accessories
    02-18-11 01:46 PM
    i have been using a zagg insiabl shield for my torch about 9.99 gbp but worth every penny highly recommend
    02-18-11 02:00 PM
    I use Best Skins Ever. It's cheap, finger print resistant, hasn't browned in the center like some other shields, and very durable.
    02-18-11 02:38 PM
    Honestly...IMO don't bother putting one on. The screen is glass and very scratch resistant. 4 months with no case or protector, kept in my coat/pants pocket all the time and not on single mark on it.
    I don't use a Privacy Screen so can't comment. There are only a couple made for the Torch. They have been discussed in a thread. try a search.

Cheers
    I think (for the 9800) a screen protector is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. This screen is glass and very scratch resistant. I've never put one on mine that I've been carrying and using since November, not a mark on it.

Save yourself the few bucks and possible issues with the look/feel of cheap protectors. Buy a pocket pouch or something instead.
    02-18-11 03:11 PM
    I trying to decide if taking my screen protector would be a good idea its has a little bubble on the bottom.
    Beside that it look good and the screen work really sensitive any way I got them for 1.99 3 pieces I cant find 2 now that I need them.

02-18-11 08:31 PM
    I'm using the case mate anti glare. Got it from att. Works great. Have no trouble reading the screen in direct sunlight and best off all no annoying fingerprints or face prints on the screen.
    I hate smudges and finger prints on touch screen devices.i

02-18-11 08:44 PM
    I used to use zagg, but eventually just took it off and I've had no problems. It always collected dust and, at least I thought, it dulled the look of the screen. Plus, most antiglare screen protectors will cause the proximity sensor to not work very well, thus you'll be putting people on speakerphone with your cheek while talking on the phone.

02-18-11 08:50 PM
    Anti glare will not interfere with the proximity sensor. Its the privacy screen protector that interferes.

02-18-11 09:59 PM
    Anti glare will not interfere with the proximity sensor. Its the privacy screen protector that interferes.

You're right, I meant privacy not anti glare.

02-18-11 10:02 PM
    The only one I have found to not show fingerprints and looks great for months on end is the SGP Steinheil. I am fingerprint OCD and have used many different kinds over the last several years: 5 Storm 1's, 2 Storm 2's and 1 Torch! (Sounds like the 12 days of Rim LOL!) Here is the Steinheil link to check it out!
    02-18-11 10:10 PM
    i purchased these on Amazon a few weeks ago for my Torch and they work great! 79 cents and free shipping.

Three LCD Screen Guards / Protectors for RIM BlackBerry Torch 9800
    by Cbus Wireless
    02-19-11 09:06 PM
    I had no idea it was a glass screen on the torch......

Anyway. I have been a Zagg fanboy for over three years now. I really like their products and unless I do something stupid, I never need to get replacements.
    02-19-11 09:10 PM
    I do not recommend the privacy screen protectors. I've had it on my previous Bold9000 for about 3 months and it was a scratch magnet. I didn't mind as long as it doesn't scratch the screen but that's the last time I bought it. I have the zagg screen only screen protector (for $20 at best buy) and works like a charm. Never had any issues with it, doesn't interfere with anything related to the screen (smooth scrolling, proximity sensor, touch screen sensitivity). Overall its a great screen protector but a pain to apply (I got a best buy rep to apply it for me for free when I first bought my Torch on Christmas). But I also want to know if the screen itself (without the screen protector) is scratch sensitive or not because I'm planning to get a replacement and don't want to purchase a new screen protector.

02-19-11 10:59 PM
    The screen is scratch resistant. That said it is still possible to scratch it, but I used the phone without one for a while with no problems
    02-20-11 03:32 AM
    I use the invisible shield as well! I highly recommend it!! If a scratch does happen, 24 hrs later its gone. Like it fixes itself! Also, when I first got my torch, I had the privicy screen and I tried to return my device because when I was on a call my cheek would put me on hold, or turn on speaker phone. Turns out the screen covers the light censor.

02-20-11 03:01 PM
    There is a post around here somewhere where someone took there IS off the device and you would not believe how yellowish it got after a couple months of use. IS is a great product but IMO it's too thick for touchscreen devices(turns yellow, has that orange peel effect, and so on). Ghost armor is the same product but not as thick and Ive had it on my torch since day 1. Recently when I had to make a warranty claim I took it off and it was still crystal clear.

For my money Ghost Armor is the way to go. To everyone else that says go bare, just imagine for a minute a huge scratch in the screen, now if you had a protector on it you could just peel it off and reapply another. Always better to be safe then sorry IMO.
    02-20-11 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD