When my phone is closed it wobbles more when you touch the left side it moves in to the right.
    It also moves when typing on the touch screen. Is this a known problem or a one off??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-10 10:16 AM
    Its a known problem as there have been numerous threads on this as well as "fixes" for it.

10-25-10 10:21 AM
    Here's how I fixed it. I found a tiny, round rubber disk, probably a footpad from some long forgotten toy I once had. It was about a quarter of an inch in circumference and not very thick. I used a thin plastic tool to shove it into the space between the slider and the keypad base of the phone. It found its way down about half way and now the phone is perfect, no wobble, no looseness of the slider part. It's solid as a rock, and the rubber disk will never come loose or be dislodged. It's a permanent fix.
    10-25-10 08:45 PM
    Here's how I fixed it. I found a tiny, round rubber disk, probably a footpad from some long forgotten toy I once had. It was about a quarter of an inch in circumference and not very thick. I used a thin plastic tool to shove it into the space between the slider and the keypad base of the phone. It found its way down about half way and now the phone is perfect, no wobble, no looseness of the slider part. It's solid as a rock, and the rubber disk will never come loose or be dislodged. It's a permanent fix.
    I'm worried that if I do this to fix the wobble, I won't be able to get the piece out if I need to send the phone in for another issue for warranty purposes.

10-25-10 11:51 PM
    You won't be able to get it out and if you send the phone in for warranty purposes, they'll never know and if they did, they wouldn't care. It has nothing to do with the inner workings of the phone. If you are the kind of guy who sends phones back for warranty purposes, send this one back because of the wobble. Easy.
    10-26-10 05:10 AM
    I'm on my second Torch that wobbles... Its very annoying when using the touchscreen in closed mode. I'm debating whether I should try a 3rd device or not.

10-26-10 05:57 AM
    ^or just try one of the fixes......

10-26-10 08:45 AM
    I think you'll find they all wobble to some degree. Some are just worse then others.
    10-26-10 08:53 AM
    I made it to phone #3 which finally has no wobbles. If it bugs you, send it in for the wobble. Lots of people in here seems to have done so without issue.

10-26-10 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD