I've had a 9800 for about 4 months now, and I've enjoyed it. However, a friend also got a 9800, and I realize just how defunct mine was. My phone doesn't enter landscape mode when rotated, and doesn't show me the suretype keyboard. I thought the accelerometer/gyroscope/thingumajig that makes the screen turn was bad, but when watching a video(auto-landscape) the screen rotates when I flip it 180 degrees. I also went through the modules and I saw the module "net_rim_bb_virtual keyboard" so what's wrong? I saw some stuff about phone cases, but it has been happening before the case. I updated from .660 to .747, but no improvement.
    P.S I didn't get the phone brand new, but I know the first owner, and he was REALLY careful when it was his.

So someone, please help!
    02-06-13 04:18 PM
    I've had a 9800 for about 4 months now, and I've enjoyed it. However, a friend also got a 9800, and I realize just how defunct mine was. My phone doesn't enter landscape mode when rotated, and doesn't show me the suretype keyboard. I thought the accelerometer/gyroscope/thingumajig that makes the screen turn was bad, but when watching a video(auto-landscape) the screen rotates when I flip it 180 degrees. I also went through the modules and I saw the module "net_rim_bb_virtual keyboard" so what's wrong? I saw some stuff about phone cases, but it has been happening before the case. I updated from .660 to .747, but no improvement.
    P.S I didn't get the phone brand new, but I know the first owner, and he was REALLY careful when it was his.

So someone, please help!
    downgrade to a earlier os version, when I used my torch 9800 .660 killed my camera and every upgrade after was same (cam not working) but it worked after a downgrade. switched phones so I never updated it again but might be worth a try to skip .660 and go to a newer OS6 version after you downgrade.
    02-06-13 04:29 PM
    Thanks! So .570, then all the way up to .749? How long will I need to be on .570?
    02-09-13 10:43 AM
    If they fixed the bug then you can go for any newer version than 660. Make sure and wipe your phone before each upgrade for optimal results.
    02-11-13 09:00 PM
    downgrade to a earlier os version, when I used my torch 9800 .660 killed my camera and every upgrade after was same (cam not working) but it worked after a downgrade. switched phones so I never updated it again but might be worth a try to skip .660 and go to a newer OS6 version after you downgrade.
    Yes, I think downgrade to a earlier os version is OK
    02-20-13 09:54 PM
    You might have to replace the keypad.
    02-21-13 01:06 AM
    Actually, while using six-tools by Shao, I noticed the phone does not recognize the slider closing, which is supposed to initiate the virtual keyboard. Could it be a problem with the flex cable? I think I'll just manage till I get a Z 10.
    02-21-13 03:31 AM
    It is a mechanical issue. Turn the phone to landscape orientation with buttons right. Press the bezel of the phone near the green button. Try a few spots and the screen will rotate. The sensor is the cause and this is the workaround.
    04-11-13 01:52 AM