Jst started using the 9800 cpl of days ago and I've noticed that on most websites, when the browsers open, the icons for signal strength etc on the top right hand corner of the screen is cut off the border of the screen!
    Does anyone know why? Anyone noticed this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 04:30 AM
    Their not "cutoff" as you say but rather hidden when u scroll down the page. If u see a little down arrow all u have to do is click that and your carrier icons as well as the actual web address will be present. Or just scroll up to the top of the page, saves screen property while scrolling through web pages(allows you to see more of the page rather then always having the carrier/EDGE/3G/webpage addy always shown).
    10-16-10 06:46 AM
    No, the top notification bar should always be showing, it's only the address bar that hides when scrolling down. Nothing along the top bar should be hidden or cut off. Can you take a screenshot that shows exactly what's getting cut off?
    10-16-10 07:11 AM
    No, the top notification bar should always be showing, it's only the address bar that hides when scrolling down. Nothing along the top bar should be hidden or cut off. Can you take a screenshot that shows exactly what's getting cut off?
    Yes your right ... My bad its just the addy bar thats hidden. Unless we see a screen shot i would almost dare to guess that his screen want put in properly.
    10-16-10 07:14 AM
    Well right now my top bar is fine apart from the fact that the 5th signal bar is cut off. However it is more noticeable when the phone drops to SOS where it looks clearly cut off

Its fine always outside of the browser and it doesn't bother me one bit just odd really

10-16-10 09:12 AM
    Its the 3G, UMA etc icons that r cut off. I'm not referrin to the drop down address bar, btw.

I'm gettin the handset replaced anyway coz it also has a bit of "sideways rocking" on the slider...the top bit that is.

10-16-10 10:48 AM
    those icons are not meant to be displayed as far as im aware

and just double checked it is the length of the page titles that forces a tiny bit of the signal strength off the screen
    10-16-10 11:08 AM
    those icons are not meant to be displayed as far as im aware

and just double checked it is the length of the page titles that forces a tiny bit of the signal strength off the screen
    Well, as someone mentioned above, it isnt much a problem.
    However, visually, it looks like a flaw to me....

Replacement should be delivered sometime this morning. We'll see.
    10-17-10 03:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD