Using the File App to browse the 9800 I see several files like Crown.png.rem that are in the /system/samples/contacts/ folder that cannot be viewed by clicking on them from the device. These images are also not able to be accessed from within contacts or through the media pictures. The only images that can be accessed through pictures are the limited wallpaper images.

There are sound files in /system/samples/ringtones that can be clicked on and the media player will open and play them however not all od these sounds can be used or seen when setting ringtones or alerts.

Is this another broken part of the operating system due to AT&T modifying the operating system with their bloatware?
    08-26-10 06:04 PM
    Surely someone else has noticed that many of the pictures and sounds we are used to have on our 9700's are on the Torch but are not accessable through the contacts or alerts applications. They are clearly there in folders but no way to either use them, copy them or delete them.
    08-27-10 07:45 AM
    They are probably there for other carriers when the time comes for OS6. There is a way to unlock other carrier themes, sounds and pics. Do a search over in the "How To" section.
    08-27-10 08:13 AM
    Thanks I will look into that but I don't think it's the case with the 9800. Some of these same files in particular the contacts graphics are on our 9700 to use as generic contact thumbnails.
    08-27-10 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD