I have loved my tourch for the almost two years that I have had it. Saturday without warning my LED screen went out. I searched for a replacement phone on craigs list, e-bay etc. Was unable to replace it within my budget so had to settle for a very old curve. I love blackberry but think that in Nov. when I can upgrade I will switch to an Droid. I hate that the coolest apps are for I phone and droid. I was told by several friends that I could purchase a new screen for around $50.00 and replace it. I am sure that I would not be able to do that myself and when I called to find someone to repair it I was told that it would be $100.00 and they would not assure me that it would fix the problem.
    07-31-12 01:40 PM
    Guess the Tourch was the Alabama-only model. The rest of us got a Torch.

Yeah, I hear you. Love my Torch keypad, battery life, and phone quality, but is there an app for that? Probably not on a BlackBerry, or, if it exists, it hasn't been updated in years nor ever will be (Google Maps, Yelp, etc).

My contract just expired. I'm waiting 'til the iPhone 5 releases before deciding on iPhone or Android.
    08-01-12 06:13 PM
    Why not wait for BB10? I'm trying to make sure my Torch stays alive until January next year.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    08-02-12 06:44 AM
    Guess the Tourch was the Alabama-only model. The rest of us got a Torch.
    Yes, the Tourch was a CDMA slider with a defective trackball located above the keyboard so it was hidden when the slider was closed.
    08-02-12 10:05 AM
    Why not wait for BB10? I'm trying to make sure my Torch stays alive until January next year.
    I tried to make sure that mine stayed alive also. I went to bed one night and woke up the next morning and my screen was black. I have never dropped it or given it a bath. The screen just went out. I am using a curve from the dark ages until I can update. I wish the new BB10 were coming up sooner. I may would stick it out. At this point I plan on getting a Droid in Nov.
    08-15-12 02:18 PM
    Fyi, you can buy a used 9800 for $150 or less, so $100 for a repair would be a wasted (might as well sell the one you have for parts or potential repair and buy a used 9800).

Also a used 9810 is only ~$50 more than a 9800 and that is a significantly better phone.
    08-15-12 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD