I have read all the ringtones post's and still can't get them fixed. my sister just bought a Torch and I was helping her set up contacts ringtones like I have them on my torch, mine work great. her ringtones keep defaulting back to the main ringtone when a contact calls. the custom ones for ten numbers, only two work correctly. all the ringtones are in place and saved after trying them in the options menu and hitting save.. the profile is normal. I am thinking this phone should be exchanged on warranty. unless I can find a fix out here. can't find any setting not enabled? anyone else find a fix for this?
    05-28-11 08:21 PM
    Are you saying that after you save the Contact Alert that when you go back to the Contact Alert that the ringtone you set is no longer showing in the Contact Alert?
    05-29-11 06:22 AM
    If the ringtones are saved to the media card, there may be something wrong there...

Try saving them to the device directly...

You could also try backing up the contents of the media card, and then formatting it from the device.
    Disable media card compression, and then put your stuff back on

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-11 08:28 AM
    Are you saying that after you save the Contact Alert that when you go back to the Contact Alert that the ringtone you set is no longer showing in the Contact Alert?
    NO, they are all as set,in the proper place,they have not moved,, but when each contact calls, the phone ignores the custom ringtone an plays the default one set. only two of the ten play as set. I don't think i should have to do all that formatting etc, why doesn't it work as it should ?
    05-29-11 01:13 PM
    Do the phone numbers have ANY punctuation in them?
    05-29-11 07:43 PM
    Do the phone numbers have ANY punctuation in them?
    no, and most of these same numbers I have in my torch, and the ringtones are custom and work perfect. i think the phone should be exchanged.
    05-29-11 08:11 PM
    That is probably the best option if you think a reload of the software would not help.
    05-29-11 09:52 PM
    I had the same thing happen to my phone almost two weeks ago. What I ended up doing was taking it to my carrier to see if they could fix the issue. The only way it was fixed was a wipe. This did fix my issue and I haven't had the problem since.

05-29-11 10:32 PM
    I had the same thing happen to my phone almost two weeks ago. What I ended up doing was taking it to my carrier to see if they could fix the issue. The only way it was fixed was a wipe. This did fix my issue and I haven't had the problem since.

wiped the phone. manually put the ringtones where I want them, same result, only two work properly the rest still play the main ringtone .something is awry.both phones side by side. dial with my phone, get custom ring tone(mine is one of the working ones)/. when my sister dials, the phones rings with the default. when my sister dials my phone, i hear the custom tone,but when she dials my other sister(the phone in question) it rings with the default tone. and we both assigned our torches with the same custom tone from the same source for her number,but it only works proper on my torch, even after a wipe. stumped!
    05-30-11 04:04 PM
    Well, if there's no punctuation in the phone numbers at all, then this is indeed odd. Doesn't seem like a hardware issue, though.

Have you tried setting a different ringtone sound (just as a test) to see if it works with that?

Have you double checked to make sure the Contact Alerts are set properly on the device? (ie set to "Active Profile", etc?)
    tcseacliff likes this.
    05-30-11 04:37 PM
    Do you have contact alerts>sound alerts: set (Play Sound) Active Profile
    05-30-11 04:51 PM
    Well, if there's no punctuation in the phone numbers at all, then this is indeed odd. Doesn't seem like a hardware issue, though.

Have you tried setting a different ringtone sound (just as a test) to see if it works with that?

Have you double checked to make sure the Contact Alerts are set properly on the device? (ie set to "Active Profile", etc?)
    *update*
    found the problem, it was the active profile setting. it was enabled when you click edit from the contacts list(phone book) but it was not enabled when I went to 0ptions>sounds for contacts there you find all your contacts in a list that have a special ring tone. you have to double check it here too. these were not set to active,they were on always but now it is good. thanks too all. I can always count on the crackberry nation to put collective j=heads together !
    05-30-11 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD