I own a blackberry Torch 9800, and I'm not the kind of person to get fussy over small issues with a phone.

But it started to get worse, and I'm 9 months into my post paid service. The track pad and keyboard would not work after a phone call, and this would usually be solved with the ol'reboot. Then it became 3 reboots to get the functions working and so on until to such a point the phone is only usable with the touch screen. Now it is only usable with the touch screen (I'm amazed the most sensitive feature is the last thing to help me navigate).

I took it in, and I've been with my service provider for a very long time, so they were kind and took it in to send away. But what the representative of the store said, is RIM automatically replaces the phone regardless of the issue. Also I have read around here in the forums that they also give a different blackberry model. e.g receiving a Bold instead of the replacement torch.

If it is possible, how can I go about to getting a different model as my replacement? I like my Torch a lot, but I heavily rely on my Torch to handle all my on-the go needs and sometimes a little speed would help me solve this.

Thanks
    08-27-11 10:42 AM
    I think since your provider has already taken it and sent it in, you would have to contact them about what replacement phone they give you. I am sure they have plenty of the 9800's sitting around for replacement.
    08-27-11 07:36 PM
    How did this work out for you. I was having problems with my phone last week so i brought it in and was told there was nothing he could do for me at the ATT store but he looked at the phone and saw that there was no damage to it that was my fault and since it was still under warranty. So he gave me a number to call and theyd send me a new phone. I called them and the lady on the other end was quite rude and said that they would send me a new battery. Even though I told her that i tried another battery and it still wouldnt work
    09-12-11 02:49 PM
    Yeah usually they wqould have to replace it with the same phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD