08-24-10 01:27 PM
    I think the analysis is pretty accurate. I think RIM will survive because it has a QWERTY keyboard. There is no way one can type on glass. None of those other phones can beat Blackberry when it comes to messaging. So if your intention is to be productive, Blackberry wins hands down!!! The next iteration of Blackberry MUST have a front-facing camera ALONG with the QWERTY keyboard.
    08-24-10 03:20 PM
    I think the analysis is pretty accurate. I think RIM will survive because it has a QWERTY keyboard. There is no way one can type on glass. None of those other phones can beat Blackberry when it comes to messaging. So if your intention is to be productive, Blackberry wins hands down!!! The next iteration of Blackberry MUST have a front-facing camera ALONG with the QWERTY keyboard.
    Just curious.... in what ways in blackberry a superior messaging device? Do you mean BBM?

I hope not email. Truncated emails, phony html and not having access to pop folders doesn't make it superior. In fact, that's more of a dealbreaker. The only thing blackberry does better is handle attachments but those other things outweigh that.

BBM is irrelevant. We're in a time where people have all different platforms. BBM is only good if you and all your friends will never ever ever ever use anything other than blackberry. It's unlikely everyone's friends have the same allegiance that they possess. BBM rocks for business use. For personal use? Irrelevant.
    08-24-10 03:50 PM
    Bbm is totally relavent. I have 30+ friends on BBM and all personal use, not business.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-10 04:06 PM
    Bbm is totally relavent. I have 30+ friends on BBM and all personal use, not business.

Yes and that's fine for you. And I'm sure that's fine for many others as well. Is it relevant to you? Yes if you say so. But in this day of technology and different platforms it is irrelevant. It's definitely not something worth staying with a platform for. With all the other clients that are able to work over every platform, one that is completely restricted to one platform is useless. I'm glad it works for you and your 30+ plus friends. I'm sure I can find 50 friends on here to add to BBM. But since the 10 real friends I had on there are all on different platforms, limiting myself to a single platform client is dumb.
    08-24-10 04:12 PM

I think you're missing the point. With so many other devices running multiple messenger services, it's easier and easier to stay in touch with having to have texting. Of course, texting plans are so cheap, I don't know anyone that doesn't have one and that kinda throws BBM not essential. I've had a blackberry for 5 years now and didn't start using bbm until the fitness challenge thing here.

And of the hundreds of blackberries being carried by my students, I don't know one that even knew or cared about using bbm.

I have to agree on the email thing. A lot of the times I have to get on my laptop to check my emails because over half of them come in truncated through my blackberry. That totally defeats the claim that it has superior email services. Sure I get my emails quick...but I only get to read half of them.
    08-24-10 04:22 PM
    Just curious.... in what ways in blackberry a superior messaging device? Do you mean BBM?

I hope not email. Truncated emails, phony html and not having access to pop folders doesn't make it superior. In fact, that's more of a dealbreaker. The only thing blackberry does better is handle attachments but those other things outweigh that.

BBM is irrelevant. We're in a time where people have all different platforms. BBM is only good if you and all your friends will never ever ever ever use anything other than blackberry. It's unlikely everyone's friends have the same allegiance that they possess. BBM rocks for business use. For personal use? Irrelevant.
    Wow, you are simple minded. truncated emails aren't always a bad thing. keeps your data down and in this world with tiered data plans thats definitely a positive, all you have to do is scroll down if you need to read the email and it fetches the rest of it. also bb's push email is best, and it works with just about any email address. blackberry integrated every aspect of messaging much better than any other platform, combined inboxes, separate inboxes, sms with emails, sms separate from emails, rss feeds with messages, social networking with messages, social networking integrated into the os to post to multiple at once.... need i continue. please take your precious time and educate yourself rather than spout off bs you read on an android forum.
    08-24-10 04:28 PM
    Wow, you are simple minded. truncated emails aren't always a bad thing. keeps your data down and in this world with tiered data plans thats definitely a positive, all you have to do is scroll down if you need to read the email and it fetches the rest of it. also bb's push email is best, and it works with just about any email address. blackberry integrated every aspect of messaging much better than any other platform, combined inboxes, separate inboxes, sms with emails, sms separate from emails, rss feeds with messages, social networking with messages, social networking integrated into the os to post to multiple at once.... need i continue. please take your precious time and educate yourself rather than spout off bs you read on an android forum.
    Thank you!

God, it's about time somebody shut that guy up.
    08-24-10 04:34 PM
    "Apple showed the slowest quarterly volume growth of just 13 percent, while the volume of mobile web browsing from Android phones in the US grew by 400 percent for the same period"

"BlackBerry retained the highest volume of mobile web visits during the second quarter, accounting for 37 percent of visits to mobile websites in the US — a 20 percent sequential rise in volume overall"

"Even with the advent of Apples new iAd platform and Google’s acquisition of AdMob, BlackBerry still represents the best volume opportunity for mobile advertising in the USA"

24 August 2010

Apple Loses 16% Mobile Web Market Share While Android Volume Increases 400% | Mobile Marketing Watch

Too bad I can't see this morons reply! Blocked!

In his inane threads from now on just post this over and over, add him to your blocked user list and he'll squirm away into obscurity.
    Last edited by xandermac; 08-24-10 at 04:40 PM.
    08-24-10 04:37 PM
    Well, I think that if you have a device for messaging and email and you end up having to go to the desktop or laptop a lot, that totally defeats the purpose of having a device of superior email capabilities. If it's truncated, I can't scroll down to get the rest of it.
    Ok so truncated emails are good for those that are on tiered data. But what about those on unlimited? Do they have to suffer? And emails have been truncated forever before their were tiered plans. So your point here is pointless.

Everyone has push now. Blackberry push is nothing special. I get push with my other device AND I can access all my folders and organize.

So if I'm on the road and away from my computers, not only can I not have access to all my folders, I can't read large attachments? Great job.

RSS feeds - Still needs an app that syncs with google reader. You know some people does use that? Not only importing but syncing.

Combined message is good but it's not a neccessity. Nothing special. "Oh wow, all my message are in one box".

BS I read on Android forum? I've had blackberries since 2005 so I'm pretty well educated in my points. Thanks.
    Well, I think that if you have a device for messaging and email and you end up having to go to the desktop or laptop a lot, that totally defeats the purpose of having a device of superior email capabilities.
    Exactly. There's nothing superior about it.
    08-24-10 04:38 PM
    Thank you!

God, it's about time somebody shut that guy up.
    Great contribution. Good job for agreeing with a response that still several flaws.
    08-24-10 04:40 PM
    I don't think it had several flaws. I think you basically said the lack of that functionality didn't matter to you. Also with truncated emails it is not a valid argument to dismiss the current environment because it once was not so. Anyway based on xandermac's link it looks like apple is the big loser right now. I'm sure they would get a nice bump if they released on the other 3 carriers though.
    08-24-10 04:43 PM
    Great contribution. Good job for agreeing with a response that still several flaws.
    Not a problem, I'm always looking for ways to add value for things that are worth it - this thread obviously not. =)
    08-24-10 04:45 PM
    Exactly. There's nothing superior about it.
    you have obviously never used a BB so why are you here? yes, you can scroll down and it retrieves the rest of the email. it is initially delivered in X KB or less, then if its an email you are interested in reading scroll to the bottom of the email and it automatically fetches the rest for you. I believe that it should be an option to receive truncated emails or not to. because while 99% of the time its a non issue once in a great great while you'll get somewhere with no service and realize you had received a message and only be able to read half of it. Although there is an app for bb that requests the full email as you receive it so this situation doesn't happen.

So in a lot of ways it could be considered superior, it saves data unless you want to use it, giving you more control over your usage.
    Last edited by dfairlite; 08-24-10 at 04:53 PM.
    08-24-10 04:47 PM
    Thread drifted off topic into petty squabbling.

CLOSED
    08-24-10 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD