Have any of you seen this article?

RIM talks itself into a BlackBerry corner, leaves no room for error | ZDNet

Thoughts?

I thought 6.1 would work on the T1, now I'm not so sure if it's going to be 7.0. Anyone know?
    05-01-11 12:44 AM
    Chances are they'll probably fudge up and say "No, we won't get it to work". If they say that I'm gonna be FUMING.
    05-01-11 03:52 AM
    I will be raging if they don't get at least a cut down version of OS 7.
    05-01-11 06:43 AM
    I dont know, i've never read an interesting or promising interview about any of the RIM CEOS/HONCHOS, its almost as if RIM handled itself, the impression i get from this interview is that this ****** bag doesnt have a clue.

RIM is lucky, these devices sell well and are in high demand still, but they better change their game ASAP because they are cornering themselves, RIM is behind times. These people think that a new graphic interface will keep them ahead of the competition. LMAO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 09:38 AM
    I could care less if the next OS works on my 9800. When we got devices with OS6 RIM never promised that their next OS would work on this year old device. I say year old because that's about how long ago my neighbour showed me one.
    I doubt that the next device with the next OS will do much (for me) that this one doesn't do already. It will just do it a little faster.

I don't jump devices like some do. I guess I don't see the point in switching so frequently. I came from an 8830 (which I still have) so the Torch was a pretty big change. Much more of a change than it would be going from a T1 to a T2.

I will be happy to switch to a QNX BB when the time comes but for now I'm very content with OS6 on my Torch.
    05-01-11 10:19 AM
    Although I have a 9800 and came from the Bold to it... I am beginning to give up on RIM. I've had RIM phones since about their beginning. Although I think the 9800 is the best one I've had so far, even better than the Bold for me, it is laking in so many ways.

1) Processor/memory challenged
    2) Screen size is really looking small next to many others.
    3) OS lags behind others
    4) Very small number of really good apps, and developers are running to iOS/Droid
    5) Too many phones/models that are just a small tweak to others
    6) Dated look
    7) Still the worst browsing experience out there
    8) Playbook = yawn
    9) Have you seen the stock lately. Yikes.

I have an iPhone4 that I use mainly on weekends for personal use and it too is not perfect. I do think that it has and will continue to have the best apps. At least until Droid operates another year or so.

I'd love for RIM to nail a nice phone with a large screen and a better OS, but who will be there to develop? I see something else replacing my 9800 soon, and it ain't made by RIM. 8-(
    Cadillax likes this.
    05-01-11 12:51 PM
    Although I have a 9800 and came from the Bold to it... I am beginning to give up on RIM. I've had RIM phones since about their beginning. Although I think the 9800 is the best one I've had so far, even better than the Bold for me, it is laking in so many ways.

1) Processor/memory challenged
    2) Screen size is really looking small next to many others.
    3) OS lags behind others
    4) Very small number of really good apps, and developers are running to iOS/Droid
    5) Too many phones/models that are just a small tweak to others
    6) Dated look
    7) Still the worst browsing experience out there
    8) Playbook = yawn
    9) Have you seen the stock lately. Yikes.

I have an iPhone4 that I use mainly on weekends for personal use and it too is not perfect. I do think that it has and will continue to have the best apps. At least until Droid operates another year or so.

I'd love for RIM to nail a nice phone with a large screen and a better OS, but who will be there to develop? I see something else replacing my 9800 soon, and it ain't made by RIM. 8-(

I agree with you 100%. I love my Torch, and I love BlackBerry, but if QNX isnt released with some mind blowing apps by next March (my upgrade), then I'll be jumping ship. Step it up RIM, I love BBM way too much!
    05-01-11 02:24 PM
    West give me wireless tethering and it will be a huge improvement.
    05-01-11 09:07 PM
    Im also running out of patience with RIM but mainly for their blinkered attitude to worldwide markets by limiting apps such as the podcast app to North America only. It is as if someone passed around stupidity pills at RIM hq. This kind of app is an iPhone killer and by discriminating other countries, RIM alienates it's userbase and causes resentment. Also, two new OS within 2 years and not making it compatible with older devices is another example of crass stupidity.
    05-02-11 06:13 AM
    Yeah, it's fine that QNX won't be supported on the Torch 9800, but at the very least give the Torch 6.1/7. It's not THAT big of an upgrade. Curve 8520 - 4.6 -> 5. Curve 3G - 5 -> 6. Bold 9700 - 5 -> 6. I believe even the Curve 8900 got 4.6 -> 5.
    05-02-11 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD