RIM, I'm going to keep this short and simple. What I want,..correction!, what we want is a "BLACKBERRY EVO". Yes, without jumping in to 8 lines of code and a 12 gallon bucket of specs, we want,...I, specificially want a "Blackberry EVO'. I also would like the screen to be at the height of the current 9800, but at least 4 inches wide. This would be one heck of a viewing machine!

And as far as the other specs,....figure it out,...as I said before, I want a Blackberry EVO!,....with mad battery life to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit #1! RIM, Pls make just make just one Blackberry EVO,...however, if you cannot resist making a few million copies,...please exclude Homer1475 and his few friends. Would you do that for me?,...and Homer1475?

Edit #2! You guys talk all rough 'n tough now,...but I'm willing bet that as soon as RIM throws a 1ghz single or dual core processor into a 4" sized BB,...with 1GB of RAM,...and 16MB of onboard memory and 2000Mah battery,...4G capable (flashable to 5G),...5-8 Hotspot capable,....FM HD Radio,....1080p Vid,....with or without a keyboard,...you lolli-pop lickers will be the first to camp out 5 days in advance waiting to get your greasy paws on one! Whiners,....bunch of whiners....always talk'n about what they won't buy if RIM makes it,...yet are the first in line to get their grippy little hands on the newest gear. Suck up and be honest for a freak'n change,...instead being of a bunch of little freak'n band wagon mommy's boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JMD,...and I've spoken.

Edit #3 Of course if you are the opened minded type and don't take things p e r s o n a l l y,.. Edit #2 isn't for you,...as you may be more inclined to accept the original post as it is,...and that is wishful thinking on my part! The fact is,..most Droids smoke all BBs in speed tests,....the fact of the matter is most bizness folks, like myself, like BB for what they are and hope to be. So,..if RIM doesn't wake up,...the market will be flooded with iPhones and Droids,...and it'll be too late to convert that younger generation from their beloved "Droids",..and iPhones. I don't expect some of you to understand this from a business point of view,...afterall, some of you are still in school. It would be quite irresponsible of RIM to not compete for their market share beyond their "BASE". If not,...they will go the way of Palm for sure.
    Last edited by JMDBERRY; 03-24-11 at 08:12 PM.
    03-24-11 07:30 PM
    And I wanna win the lottery powerball this weekend!!!! LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-11 07:31 PM
    If you want an evo then buy an evo, don't speak for the rest of us by saying "we want an evo".

I for one would disown blackberry if they went with what the evo is. And yes I've "played" with an evo and thought it was the biggest pos there is. Hate android UI, hate the screen size(if I wanted to carry a tablet around in my pocket I would), battery life, what battery life there is none(my friends evo lasts roughly 6 hours on a full charge, hes plugging it in every few hours. Kinda makes the whole mobile thing null in void), hate all the kids who think there cool just cause they have a android phone, 90% of them don't even know how to use the damn thing let alone know what a smartphone is, they only had mommy and daddy buy it cause "its what everyone else has".
    03-24-11 07:40 PM
    If you want an evo then buy an evo, don't speak for the rest of us by saying "we want an evo".

I for one would disown blackberry if they went with what the evo is. And yes I've "played" with an evo and thought it was the biggest pos there is. Hate android UI, hate the screen size(if I wanted to carry a tablet around in my pocket I would), battery life, what battery life there is none(my friends evo lasts roughly 6 hours on a full charge, hes plugging it in every few hours. Kinda makes the whole mobile thing null in void), hate all the kids who think there cool just cause they have a android phone, 90% of them don't even know how to use the damn thing let alone know what a smartphone is, they only had mommy and daddy buy it cause "its what everyone else has".
    What he said.
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    03-24-11 07:43 PM

Thanked your post just as pjmacklin did :P
    I feel the exact same way as you do, although I do not personally know anyone who knows a Droid. Everyone I know, and at my school, owns a BlackBerry. Some of them also have and iPod Touch for music and games.
    03-24-11 07:48 PM
    Sorry, I'm NOT part of the "We" who want an evo. I'll pass......
    03-24-11 07:49 PM

+10000000000

Don't think it could have been said any better!!!

03-24-11 07:50 PM
    RIM, I'm going to keep this short and simple. What I want,..correction!, what we want is a "BLACKBERRY EVO". Yes, without jumping in to 8 lines of code and a 12 gallon bucket of specs, we want,...I, specificially want a "Blackberry EVO'. I also would like the screen to be at the height of the current 9800, but at least 4 inches wide. This would be one heck of a viewing machine!

And as far as the other specs,....figure it out,...as I said before, I want a Blackberry EVO!,....with mad battery life to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit #1! RIM, Pls make just make just one Blackberry EVO,...however, if you cannot resist making a few million copies,...please exclude Homer1475 and his few friends. Would you do that for me?,...and Homer1475?

Edit #2! You guys talk all rough 'n tough now,...but I'm willing bet that as soon as RIM throws a 1ghz single or dual core processor into a 4" sized BB,...with 1GB of RAM,...and 16MB of onboard memory and 2000Mah battery,...4G capable (flashable to 5G),...5-8 Hotspot capable,....FM HD Radio,....1080p Vid,....with or without a keyboard,...you lolli-pop lickers will be the first to camp out 5 days in advance waiting to get your greasy paws on one! Whiners,....bunch of whiners....always talk'n about what they won't buy if RIM makes it,...yet are the first in line to get their grippy little hands on the newest gear. Suck up and be honest for a freak'n change,...instead being of a bunch of little freak'n band wagon mommy's boyz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JMD,...and I've spoken.

Edit #3 Of course if you are the opened minded type and don't take things p e r s o n a l l y,.. Edit #2 isn't for you,...as you may be more inclined to accept the original post as it is,...and that is wishful thinking on my part! The fact is,..most Droids smoke all BBs in speed tests,....the fact of the matter is most bizness folks, like myself, like BB for what they are and hope to be. So,..if RIM doesn't wake up,...the market will be flooded with iPhones and Droids,...and it'll be too late to convert that younger generation from their beloved "Droids",..and iPhones. I don't expect some of you to understand this from a business point of view,...afterall, some of you are still in school. It would be quite irresponsible of RIM to not compete for their market share beyond their "BASE". If not,...they will go the way of Palm for sure.
    Ok lets get one thing straight here, I'm a 35 year old business(bizness?) person not a "bunch of freak'n mommy's bandwagon boys", sounds to me your the bandwagon boy since you want the evo. Secondly I wont even tell you how your posts sounds as though your a 14 year old wishing for what wont happen. Thirdly, as I said if you want an evo buy an evo, and I still stand by my comment that if rim puts out a pos like the evo I will switch. Does that mean I don't want a better device with more in it? NO but that also doesn't mean I want a huge a** pos like the evo, regardless of whether its faster has a better screen, has HD recording or whatever, first and foremost my phone is a phone if it fails at basic functions(like making calls, isn't that what a phone is suppose to do?)whats the point of having all the extra stuff?

IS what you say a nice wish list? Yes, but does that mean its likely to happen? Probably not seeing as what RIM puts out is solid well proven technology, they have never been the ones to be on the forefront of technology. And for that reason is why I love my berry, tried, trued, and proven, and it just plain works without issue.

On another note for the 4G phones, this proves my point about you being a bandwagon type person. Firstly there is no true 4G even available(been reading about that for months right here on CB), secondly most rural places don't even get cell coverage, how about we work on that first and foremost instead of worrying about 4G or 5G. Where I live we just got 3G coverage in the last couple months and its spotty at best. So lets get nationwide coverage(regardless of what every carrier states there is no true nationwide coverage) before we worry about 5G phones.
    newcollector likes this.
    03-25-11 07:31 AM
    On another note for the 4G phones, this proves my point about you being a bandwagon type person. Firstly there is no true 4G even available(been reading about that for months right here on CB), secondly most rural places don't even get cell coverage, how about we work on that first and foremost instead of worrying about 4G or 5G. Where I live we just got 3G coverage in the last couple months and its spotty at best. So lets get nationwide coverage(regardless of what every carrier states there is no true nationwide coverage) before we worry about 5G phones.
    Absolutely agree with this.
    03-25-11 08:46 AM
    This thread is worthless. You guys just egg each other on. What's the point?

pmccartney likes this.
    03-25-11 08:46 AM
    I prefer a keyboard and touchscreen combo, so for me, the next great thing will be a Torch 2 phone. And if I want viewing, I will do it on my Playbook as soon as it arrives. And to homer 1475 - amen and amen...preach it!!
    03-25-11 08:53 AM
    I would like a device similar to an EVO. Does it need to be 4.3", no a 3.8 or 4" would be nice. RIM made big strides with the Torch. I left BB because of poor OS and device hardware. My wife continues to love her Blackberry's. She went from a Curve 8330>Bold 9700 now Torch when we went to AT&T.

I will say this the first Blackberry that has peaked my interest. So far I would brag about the battery life as it is a day not the 2-3 on her other BB. I never could get through a day with my Tour or Storm being a heavy user.

I have used Android and now an iPhone. Every OS and device has there pluses. Not having to pay $45 for Data to use Exchange is plus to iOS, WinMo and Android. To me this is what draws down BB and RIM. I also like 3.5 and bigger screens. the 3.2" on the Torch is just about enough. I have used it and typed with no issues and it shocks my wife because of my large fingers.

RIM will need to make a better version of the Storm to stay with Android, Apple and Windows Mobile.
    03-25-11 09:04 AM
    @JMD - You're calling us a "bunch of whiners"? What would you call all of your post editing then?

For me, I don't mind improvements to BB. I just don't want an Evo rip-off. I don't want the oversized phone that would be awkward for me, I like having a physical keyboard, and I hate the android style of os. Would I like different improvements in the future? More power, better screen, etc. -- sure, why not. But I love my BB and don't want another phone (even an Evo with BB branding).

You have a right to state what you want, but when you say "we all want" then you better expect those who don't agree to voice off. I love my BB the way it is. If you want a different style BB, fine. Everyone is different.
    03-25-11 09:43 AM
    Do you really think RIM read this forums? everyone of them?
    03-25-11 09:46 AM
    [QUOTE=ShoshiOne;6162224]@JMD - You're calling us a "bunch of whiners"? What would you call all of your post editing then?
    [QUOTE]

Hmmm, that makes me the "whinee"
    03-25-11 07:16 PM
    Ok lets get one thing straight here, I'm a 35 year old business(bizness?) person not a "bunch of freak'n mommy's bandwagon boys", sounds to me your the bandwagon boy since you want the evo. Secondly I wont even tell you how your posts sounds as though your a 14 year old wishing for what wont happen. Thirdly, as I said if you want an evo buy an evo, and I still stand by my comment that if rim puts out a pos like the evo I will switch. Does that mean I don't want a better device with more in it? NO but that also doesn't mean I want a huge a** pos like the evo, regardless of whether its faster has a better screen, has HD recording or whatever, first and foremost my phone is a phone if it fails at basic functions(like making calls, isn't that what a phone is suppose to do?)whats the point of having all the extra stuff?

IS what you say a nice wish list? Yes, but does that mean its likely to happen? Probably not seeing as what RIM puts out is solid well proven technology, they have never been the ones to be on the forefront of technology. And for that reason is why I love my berry, tried, trued, and proven, and it just plain works without issue.

Homer1475, you are one terribly smart guy! So, I apologize specifically to you especially about the "4G" part as that was bad on my part. Beyond that, I too have been reading up on 4G tech on more technical sites other than CB. That said,...the current tech of 4G is not "true" 4G tech 4G as had been established by the ITU,...of which which officially 1) designates wireless technology and 2) sets the standard that network technology must meet in order to be considered "true 4G ",...one such standard is "IP-based and use OFDM (...a form of multiplexing) and support peak download speeds of 100Mbps. But you know all of this already. So, there you have it,..curent 4G tech is not true 4G tech,...but it's a whole lot faster than current "3G" tech. So, for me, they can call it whatever they want. Also,..it has been posted here on CB that BB will/may release their next generation phones with better/faster/bigger - functionally/processors/screens than what is available now. So, being that you're 35 yrs old,...you surely know a whole lot more than many of us and I appreciate you for that.

That said,...lets all hold up I BBs and give a warm Hip-Hip-Hooray to RIM for being slow and steadfast and producing the devices that we really need regardless of what we actually want!

Cheers.... ....extending a handshake,...as I don't mind a little jib and jab! It's all good....

JMD
    Have Torch,...Will Continue To Travel~
    03-25-11 07:42 PM
    Not quite sure how to take that post(either a jab at me for stating my age and what I know, or you truly meant it?).

Either way it's all good man, I don't get upset over the net or forums, simply close the browser or shut down the pc.

I was simply stating that "we" all don't want an evo type device, and are quite happy with our current phone's. To each their own.
    03-26-11 07:44 AM
    Not quite sure how to take that post(either a jab at me for stating my age and what I know, or you truly meant it?).

Either way it's all good man, I don't get upset over the net or forums, simply close the browser or shut down the pc.

I was simply stating that "we" all don't want an evo type device, and are quite happy with our current phone's. To each their own.
    Yes,...but you also slammed me in the process. It's all good though because I understand your point. As I understand that not everyone want or needs a $85K Mercedes,...or $80k Corvette,...when a Chevy Impala will fits the bill.

As for me, I do a lot of BT tethering with my BB,..and many times the 30-ft range of the BT connection is not is enough,...therefore, I want/need a device that produces a Hotspot. Naturally, I'm aware of the many devices that are on the market and have done in-hand comparions against my 9800. Though they are nice phones,...I've found that some are not as "responsive" as my BB. Therefore, I'm waiting for that near perfect BB to hit the market. That's how come I mentioned that I want RIM to produce a 'BB EVO',...a BB that has all current BB features plus Hotspot, etc. Naturally, if I wanted an EVO,..I'd have one or any Droid for that matter - ditto for iPhone too. But there are many things about BBs that I fine hard to break away from,...for instance, OS security, UI and functionality, and battery life,...though my Torch is a step backwards from my 9700 in terms of battery life.

All in all, I'm one to believe that RIM will bring devices to the market that fits the needs of many hardcore BB users, some will slide and glide,.others will tap and go. Some will only allow tethering via BT and others will enable you to render a hotspot. The fact is,...some of those capabilities matter to some,..and some don't to others. However what matters most,...IMHO,..is that the device is a RIM tool with plenty of expected legacy BB capabilities and has the BB logo embossed in 3 areas on the device,....front: Top and Bottom,...rear: on the Battery cover.

Note,...don't take this as the last word by me, etc.,...as I've always enjoyed a worthy tech conversation.

Cheers...
    JMD
    03-27-11 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD