Hi,

on my first BIS day, i have 2 emails accounts configured on my BB.
    But only appears the emails from this day forward. How can i have my old emails if i want to read one? for exempler, a email from last week?

thanks a lot
    07-04-11 03:28 AM
    Cannot be done to my knowledge. The way BIS email works is you only receive NEW email after setting up the account.
    07-04-11 05:50 AM
    What? are u serious?
    any phone i had, give me the chance to choose how many days can i download my past emails
    07-04-11 05:52 AM
    Yes I'm serious. Apparently you didn't do your homework before buying a blackberry. I believe you can try the gmail app if you use gmail, but I've never used it so I can't say for sure how it works. What you have to remember is you are receiving PUSH email. Which means the messages are PUSHED to your device as opposed to pooling the server every X amount of time. This not only saves battery but also your data plan.
    07-04-11 05:55 AM
    OK,
    so you mean, every time i buy a new BB, it�s all that months of emails history that i�m going to lost, right? say, if i bought a new model in november, all the emails between today and november will not be show in that new model, right?
    so annoying that situation, because with PUSH service on the iphone, i have acess to all my email content
    07-04-11 05:58 AM
    OK,
    so you mean, every time i buy a new BB, it�s all that months of emails history that i�m going to lost, right? say, if i bought a new model in november, all the emails between today and november will not be show in that new model, right?
    so annoying that situation, because with PUSH service on the iphone, i have acess to all my email content
    07-04-11 06:00 AM
    If you bought a new BlackBerry, you would be able to transfer the data from your old BlackBerry to your new one.

But as others have stated, push email only pushes NEW messages to the device.

Sounds like BlackBerry isn't the right device for you if you need different functionality.
    07-04-11 06:38 AM
    There are ways of getting the previous emails on the BB. Lengthy process but can be done.
    07-04-11 09:27 AM
    could you explain to us, pls?

thanks
    07-04-11 09:30 AM
    As the BIS push only pushes the emails that arrive in the INBOX after the account is added, where does it say that the emails have to originate from the INBOX originally. They can be moved from say , your DELETED folder to your INBOX.

Delete the email from your email account.
    Delete the account from the Blackberry.
    Readd the account to the BlackBerry.
    Move 200 at a time (NO MORE THAN 200) from the deleted folder back into your INBOX.
    Wait for them to be pushed

Rinse and repeat.

Lengthy, but works.

Works on Gmail at least. Other accounts you will need to test yourself.
    07-04-11 10:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD