A little piece of duct tape will cover it right up.

Git 'er done...
    sounds gay... :-D
    09-09-10 07:56 AM
    A little piece of duct tape will cover it right up.

Git 'er done...
    If I was gonna be doin that, I would have gotten an iPhone 4.

Im jus say'in ...
    09-09-10 08:01 AM
    sounds gay... :-D
    Gayer than spending a week upset because your phone doesn't perfectly match your purse and high heels? I don't think so. Its the ONLY manly suggestion in this thread.

What part of "under a varnish coating" are you having trouble comprehending? Keep waiting for a solution...
    09-09-10 10:25 AM
    But removing the logo you run the risk of AT&T not honoring the warranty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There's no risk. It's quite obvious.
    09-09-10 11:23 AM
    Gayer than spending a week upset because your phone doesn't perfectly match your purse and high heels? I don't think so. Its the ONLY manly suggestion in this thread.

What part of "under a varnish coating" are you having trouble comprehending? Keep waiting for a solution...
    Good one!!
    09-09-10 12:15 PM
    Hi,

Anyone have an idea how to remove the AT&T logo from the bottom of the phone? Is the trick with a sugar
    (if someone don't know what i am talking about, watch this guy)
    safe or it leaves some scratches and it is even working on this kind of material??

Thanks
    I tried to watch this vid while on my torch but it keep stopping and going back to the vid's home page. AT&T has to do better lol.

09-09-10 06:28 PM
    Be careful with the acetone, if any of the plastic is polycarbonate, it'll eat right into it and degrade the polymer structure.

09-10-10 10:58 AM
    Hey Maara:

You might have some luck using an automotive polishing compound...like used for polishing head light lenses. You could buff out the ATT logo and ensure the finish still looks nice. I would test it on a sample piece first just in case.

Cheers
    09-10-10 11:43 AM
    There is one way, and it's the easiest (and cheapest) possible - copper coin. 5 cents, one penny, this sort of things . Just scratch it off - and I promise you - it will disappear in a hart-beat and will not leave a single scratch on the phone. Copper is soft enough not to scratch the chrome, but hard enough to remove that ugly white AT&T mark. Forget about everything else (acetone, alcohol, car polish, sugar ).
    Last edited by mihaipg; 07-22-11 at 09:09 AM.
    07-22-11 09:07 AM
    I don't like logos either. But I wouldn't do anything that would risk scratching my phone! I put my devices in a case as soon as I can get one after I purchase it. There is nothing more depressing to me, than scratches on my handset. Getting a replacement housing or bezel would be the best solution, however I don't know what that means as far as the warranty goes.
    Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    07-22-11 09:31 AM
    Cooper coin works just fine and doesn't scratch. As mentioned, the copper is soft enough not to scratch the chrome finish. Don't be afraid to apply a little pressure.

07-22-11 10:50 AM
    I would Suggest just leaving it on unless you want tto risk your phone other wwise maybe change the little besel, I think you can find them very cheap if you just google search. There like 2 bucks

07-22-11 11:03 AM
    A penny works great and not a scratch on the finish!
    07-22-11 03:43 PM
    Use a penny !! No scratches at all !!
    07-22-11 09:40 PM
    there is a video floating around on the penny to remove logo's method. it appears to work, but not for the faint of heart!
    07-23-11 09:59 AM
    +1 for the copper penny method; and the older the penny better too!

I don't care to look it up, but I know that in the last 20-30 years pennies have become signicantly less copper, aside from the exterior. I know it's not the biggest deal, but if you are all like me, if I notice a new scratch on the outside of my phone, it can ruin my day. I did figure though awhile back that I'd rather look at a few hair scratches than the AT&T logo, which made me sad to see everytime I looked at my shiny new Torch. The logo came off with a little bit of force, but as people have said, and much to my surprise, there was literally not a scratch on it.

Whether you decide to do it or not is all on you though. Like I said, that AT&T logo devalued my phone enough to where I came to grips with the potential for a scratch, but afterwards...came off with perfection.

Also, it will not void your warranty. I remember that being a point of discussion a few months back. I mean, they block BBMaps so I'll buy AT&T Nav (Thanks BBMaps launcher!), push a bunch of crap onto my phone, pre-program my phone to connect with hot-spots around downtown St. Louis and Chicago where I live/frequent. Where do you draw the line and say enough already! If you scratch off the logo, and some sales rep says sorry, you're warranty is voided, ask for their name, and to talk to the manager. Remember, you're paying them! Sorry for the rant...
    07-23-11 01:09 PM
    A copper penny will take it right off without leaving a single scratch. Just use gentle pressure & it will scrape off like you would doing a lottery scratch card. I did it to mine & not a single scratch-logo free!
    07-23-11 10:08 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD