Hi all,
    Soooo envious that you all have the Torch already in Canada and the US! Can anyone give me any idea when I can get it to contract or purchase here in the UK?
    Jojo
    08-16-10 10:57 AM
    I heard that a they are looking to bring out the Torch on Vodafone and Orange mid to late September in the UK on a �35 24 month tariff.
    08-17-10 08:04 PM
    Hey - this is good to know, but how do you know this? I'm hoping it's a bit sooner and I don't like the 24 month contract part. I'd be happy with 18 months....but hey that's just me.
    08-18-10 04:57 AM
    Currently there are no confirmed dates for the Torch release in the UK. Impatience got the better of me and I got one sent over from the USA....

I have also heard the September rumours.....
    08-18-10 05:51 AM
    Update - Expansys have just tweeted:

expansysUK: #BlackBerry Torch launches in October, have a look and see what our chief geek thought BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 - Reviewed - Insider Blog - eXpansys UK

Original Tweet: Twitter / eXpansys UK: #BlackBerry Torch launches ...

Usually this means it will be available SIM free and unlocked on that date, so I would expect the networks to have them earlier than that.
    08-18-10 06:12 AM
    the torch will be available on VFUK on an 18mth contract, for a higher initial purchase price.
    Late Sept, Early Oct is the timeline I was given. As the post above says, Expansys have it SIM free from 19th Oct. This has been up for a week or so now.

Plagus, does your import work ok over here ? Service books arrived ok etc etc ? Browser service works ? I'm thinking of having a colleague bring one back with him from his trip to the USA.
    Where did you purchase it from ?
    08-18-10 06:41 AM
    Plagus, does your import work ok over here ? Service books arrived ok etc etc ? Browser service works ? I'm thinking of having a colleague bring one back with him from his trip to the USA.
    Where did you purchase it from ?
    Everything works perfectly on O2 It was purchased from an online company called Techno Trading House, via eBay. They had 100% feedback from quite a few transactions, so I took a punt. Luckily it paid off - ordered Friday morning, arrived Monday morning.
    08-18-10 07:29 AM
    how much did that set you back plagus?
    08-18-10 07:38 AM
    how much did that set you back plagus?
    Too much
    08-18-10 07:44 AM
    More of a helpful answer, it was as near as makes no difference to �500.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 07:52 AM
    Did you get stung on customs duty Plagus? I'd be interested to know how much that is to build everything into my sums!

I've just jumped on the eXpansis pre-order - seemed harmless that it was a non-commital one!

BarlJo
    08-18-10 07:54 AM
    Well, it was shipped via FedEx, and they always pay the customs duty on your behalf and then invoice you later - saves their drivers having to bother with cash/cheques etc.

So I have no idea! The seller was very helpful in marking the package as a gift etc to try and help out with import fees, but I will only know for sure once the invoice turns up - if it does at all. The last thing I imported from the US slipped through quite happily without charges.

So I guess my luck will have been used up with that shipping!
    08-18-10 07:59 AM
    Everything works perfectly on O2 It was purchased from an online company called Techno Trading House, via eBay. They had 100% feedback from quite a few transactions, so I took a punt. Luckily it paid off - ordered Friday morning, arrived Monday morning.
    did you ship via USPS Priority Mail Int ($49) or Expedited Int ($120)?

Dont wanna pay too much for shipping, but dont want to wait 4 weeks for delivery either lol..
    08-18-10 08:01 AM
    Expediated International - but it "only" cost me $99.

Using the US Postal service usually results in delivery time of 4 to 5 working days or so in my (admittedly limited) experience.
    08-18-10 08:03 AM
    I couldn't wait any longer either, and purchased an AT&T branded Torch from the US ($549), then unlocked it back in August when it released. I had no problems setting it up, and it has worked flawlessly on Vodafone UK's network. I finally upgrading from my Bold 9000, and I coulndt have asked for a smoother transition-- I highly recommend the device!

09-21-10 11:41 PM
    Hi guys, I talked to some one in vodafone and the Torch should be release on second of October. Ten more days.

09-22-10 06:17 AM
    Hi guys, I talked to some one in vodafone and the Torch should be release on second of October. Ten more days.

Cool... but the VF website says the 27th Sept....
    09-22-10 06:59 AM
    Cool... but the VF website says the 27th Sept....
    It should be 27/09 but the guy at vodafone said that few software bug in the Torch has been discoverd, So they delay one more week to fix it.

09-22-10 09:19 AM
    theres no way even if they had found a bug, that they would fix it, update all the stock and reship new packaged stock in a week...

Im not saying there may not be a delay, but a software bug isnt going to delay a handset at this late stage.. the majors will have already been sorted. Ive got my torch on VF and have done for a few weeks now and operation has been perfect with both the stock .141 software and the latest updates
    09-22-10 09:49 AM
    its been delayed at clove.co.uk
    09-23-10 04:01 AM
    There is definitely a delay in SIM free devices; not sure if VF are still intending to ship for the 27th. VF website still says 27th Sept but Clove now say 15th Oct and Expansys 10th!
    09-23-10 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD