man all this info and speculation on this is getting out of hand...i work T-Mo tech support and ive taken two calls today asking about the special event for the release of this phone...i was like WTF?? the first time but now its kinda funny i just keep telling them i think they mean AT&T the 2nd person even told me a T-Mo store rep told them about it informed them to contact that store for more info but i figured you guys would like to know i thought it was funny at least
    07-29-10 10:09 PM
    man all this info and speculation on this is getting out of hand...i work T-Mo tech support and ive taken two calls today asking about the special event for the release of this phone...i was like WTF?? the first time but now its kinda funny i just keep telling them i think they mean AT&T the 2nd person even told me a T-Mo store rep told them about it informed them to contact that store for more info but i figured you guys would like to know i thought it was funny at least

Maybe T-Mobile and Rim have a secret announcement they will be releasing...this could be a perfect conspiracy theory!
    07-29-10 10:22 PM
    no deep discount if u stick with t mobile huh....that sux...back to topic people need to read the news better...clearly special event is for AT&T and RIM...hopefully for a 9800...as for tmobile peeps either the phone has to support all 3g bands or there will hve to be another version of the 9800 made for tmobile.
    07-29-10 11:18 PM
    Seeing as what themes can do, it's easily possible that RIM could make an BB6 lite based on OS5 without the webkit and make it fit the 128 and 256 devices.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Isn't the webkit THE new feature of OS6??
    You would just end up with a glorified OS5 then...
    07-30-10 05:20 AM
    Isn't the webkit THE new feature of OS6??
    You would just end up with a glorified OS5 then...
    I agree 100%...if they make a lite version they will def need to figure out other items to shrink upon...also i think what can help a lot is if apps could run off the memory cards that could def assist in some of these devices to run os6...on another note only 4 more days before we find out if we are waiting for the 15th or if we are gonna have to wait longer.
    07-30-10 11:32 AM
    Maybe T-Mobile and Rim have a secret announcement they will be releasing...this could be a perfect conspiracy theory!
    yea i am sure there is a conspiracy theory involved in all this...tmobile is not getting the device first...its been shown in vids with the at&t logo and the boot screen...i am sure tmo will get it it'll just not till at&t's exclusivity period expires.
    07-30-10 11:34 AM
    This article may interest some of u:

RIM BlackBerry 9800 on cards with RIM BlackBerry OS 6 | White Hat News

Pretty much says world wide release within 6 weeks and AT&T may potentially release it first week of August...hard to believe first week since hopefully it'll be announced on the 3rd but hey maybe they want to act like they have more power than Albright and release it earlier than he says?

we can only hope....
    07-30-10 01:43 PM
    I don't think anyone really knows what is going on. I do know I will be getting the 9800.
    07-30-10 02:55 PM
    no deep discount if u stick with t mobile huh....that sux...back to topic people need to read the news better...clearly special event is for AT&T and RIM...hopefully for a 9800...as for tmobile peeps either the phone has to support all 3g bands or there will hve to be another version of the 9800 made for tmobile.
    very well might be i think there was one for the Iphone but i work in tech support so i dont have any acess to anything billing related they keep it very seperate i can take a payment and tell you waht our total bill is but as far as breaking it down credits or things like that no go but its posible i will let yall know

But sorry or the hijack im intersted in seeing this device in person really bad
    07-30-10 05:05 PM
    I HATE to agree with you.. but i do!! i think this time it might be different!! but the only thing that gives me hope is what CX said when i asked about Rogers!

i still believe ; >
    Knowledge, AT&T along with other Carrier Partners, including Rogers Wireless have the 9800 in testing. It's coming my friend. No worries. ))
    07-30-10 09:38 PM
    Reading all 9 pages of this forum makes me believe the 9800 is gonna be released Aug. 15 with AT&T. But we need a screenshot of an AT&T or Roger's computer screen with the actual date on it to make it 100% true. I've already seen the Aug. 12 release date for the 9300 with Bell (as a screen-shot). And I saw plenty of screenshots for the 9650's release date before it was released with Verizon. Anyone who can take a screenshot or knows someone who can please post it!
    07-30-10 09:48 PM
    Reading all 9 pages of this forum makes me believe the 9800 is gonna be released Aug. 15 with AT&T. But we need a screenshot of an AT&T or Roger's computer screen with the actual date on it to make it 100% true. I've already seen the Aug. 12 release date for the 9300 with Bell (as a screen-shot). And I saw plenty of screenshots for the 9650's release date before it was released with Verizon. Anyone who can take a screenshot or knows someone who can please post it!
    Seems like AT&T is tryin to keep it hush hush so probably won't be in the system till the last min...from the looks of most things hopefully the press conf. on the 3rd will be good
    08-01-10 06:54 PM
    They might get the preorder up right after the program tomorrow, but I would tend to think it wouldn't go up for another week, making it about a week before the actual Aug. 15 release date.
    08-02-10 08:44 AM
    They might get the preorder up right after the program tomorrow, but I would tend to think it wouldn't go up for another week, making it about a week before the actual Aug. 15 release date.
    Well the corp. stores better have some stock on the 15th (if that's the availability date) as I need at least 2.
    08-02-10 10:14 AM
    Well the corp. stores better have some stock on the 15th (if that's the availability date) as I need at least 2.
    They (or at least my local one) open at 10 a.m. on Sundays, so I hope they're well prepared for my own personal rush of one.
    08-02-10 11:23 AM
    They (or at least my local one) open at 10 a.m. on Sundays, so I hope they're well prepared for my own personal rush of one.
    11 am here locally.
    08-02-10 01:20 PM
    would def have to agree...if RIM deciedes on a release earlier than the 15th it'll probably be atleast a week after the announcement...the earlier the better for both rim and us they need somethin new and innovative to get them back in the game.
    08-02-10 02:40 PM
    just heard that this is being release exclusively by Bell in canada :|...somehwere on or around aug2nd 2010, i hope this is wrong, has anyone else heard this, does not make sense if it does not come to rogers...
    08-02-10 03:00 PM
    just heard that this is being release exclusively by Bell in canada :|...somehwere on or around aug2nd 2010, i hope this is wrong, has anyone else heard this, does not make sense if it does not come to rogers...
    well bell didn't release it today
    08-02-10 04:35 PM
    i dunno where u heard that...as the last person stated the 2nd is over and all signs for canada r pointing towards rogers:

Rogers Rumored to get BlackBerry 9800 Exclusively in Canada? | Berry Reporter

Just don't know when assumin close to at&t release date.
    08-03-10 12:52 AM
    i dunno where u heard that...as the last person stated the 2nd is over and all signs for canada r pointing towards rogers:

Rogers Rumored to get BlackBerry 9800 Exclusively in Canada? | Berry Reporter

Just don't know when assumin close to at&t release date.

I hope that's true! It would make sense since Rogers is the largest carrier in Canada. Plus Rogers/Fido are the only carriers in Canada who can test out the 3G and 2G Networks.
    08-03-10 01:19 AM
146 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD