I'm thinking about upgrading to a refurbished torch from the at&t premier online store to save a little money. refurbed torch is going for $9.99 right now. Does anyone think it will worth it? or will the device just give me a bunch of headaches?
    02-03-11 11:10 PM
    As said before, refurbished products are usually better than original production ones just for the reason that they have been revised a second or more times and previous defects have been fixed by the manufacturer. But that depends on the company though, but for rim, there is a good chance the phone is actually better than its "original production" version.
    Last edited by gbsn; 02-03-11 at 11:22 PM.
    jcho5186 likes this.
    02-03-11 11:19 PM
    I believe you can pick it up for free at Best Buy with a two year contract....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 11:31 PM
    you guys are so lucky.....how in the world can one get any phone for $9.99, let alone a Torch or any BB for that matter!

We have to pay an arm and a leg for our phones....not fair
    02-03-11 11:44 PM
    you guys are so lucky.....how in the world can one get any phone for $9.99, let alone a Torch or any BB for that matter!

We have to pay an arm and a leg for our phones....not fair
    yearly+ contracts? dah
    02-03-11 11:46 PM
    hmm, do you think that you save with such contracts? or is there like a trick or hidden costs ...?

Or do you actually turn out to be paying more if you calculate the monthly payments on the long run?
    02-03-11 11:50 PM
    hmm, do you think that you save with such contracts? or is there like a trick or hidden costs ...?

Or do you actually turn out to be paying more if you calculate the monthly payments on the long run?
    The difference of the actual cost of the service and the price at which they offer it pays for the device and service, and still leaves profits. So yeah, its actually worth it, because one way or another, if the carrier actually provides good signal and good service in your area you will end up paying for their services.

So, if you intend to stay with your carrier for a long time, you may as well use the offer of an extremely discounted phone and just pay the monthly payment associated with the service, specially when taking a 99 cent or $10 phone for 2 years, because you will pay for the service whether you take the offer or not so...

Some people like flexibility of carriers and prefer paying full price while having the commodity of switching carriers services whenever they feel like under no contracts. The downfall of a contract is that if you want to cancel the service, you will actually pay a somewhat expensive fee and sometimes the full price of the phone.
    Last edited by gbsn; 02-04-11 at 12:09 AM.
    02-03-11 11:54 PM
    I'm thinking about upgrading to a refurbished torch from the at&t premier online store to save a little money. refurbed torch is going for $9.99 right now. Does anyone think it will worth it? or will the device just give me a bunch of headaches?
    They were offering something like that on 9700 awhile back. FYI they only offer a 90 day warrenty on the refurbished units. Like you I was little uneasy so I took out the insurance.

No problems with unit at all.
    jcho5186 likes this.
    02-04-11 12:05 AM
    I had to send my original torch awway for repair and they replaced it witha refurbished handset. I've had no complaints at all, seems more solid than my original handset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 03:06 AM
    [QUOTE=gbsn;6021854]The difference of the actual cost of the service and the price at which they offer it pays for the device and service, and still leaves profits. So yeah, its actually worth it, because one way or another, if the carrier actually provides good signal and good service in your area you will end up paying for their services.

Not to mention data overage charges that inevitably happen to most users.
    02-04-11 03:12 AM
    I bought one of those 9.99 torches and LOVE IT. Not one problem yet (knock on wood)
    02-04-11 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD