For those waiting for the red and white Torches to become free on Amazon, they are now.

White: AmazonWireless: BlackBerry Torch 9800 Phone, White (AT&T)

Red: AmazonWireless: BlackBerry Torch 9800 Phone, Red (AT&T)

Does anyone have numbers on how well the red and white Torches are selling relative to the black one?
    11-14-10 02:11 PM
    Amazon always gives good deals.
    11-14-10 02:44 PM
    For those waiting for the red and white Torches to become free on Amazon, they are now.

White: AmazonWireless: BlackBerry Torch 9800 Phone, White (AT&T)

Red: AmazonWireless: BlackBerry Torch 9800 Phone, Red (AT&T)

Does anyone have numbers on how well the red and white Torches are selling relative to the black one?
    Okay, I have a couple questions, I got my charcoal one thru amazon 2 days ago because I didn't want to wait 1 to 2 weeks for white which is on backorder...can I go to ATT and swap it for a white one within 30 days or no since I got it through amazon? Also, is the white one as heavy and sturdy as the charcoal one or does it feel lighter and more plastic like? Thanks!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-14-10 05:06 PM
    Since you got it from Amazon, AT&T will not swap it. You'll have to do returns/exchanges through the company u purchased it from.

11-14-10 05:24 PM
    My roomie just placed an order for the white torch and the "estimated delivery date" is Dec. 28th? O_O

11-14-10 05:27 PM
    The white one feels the same as the black one.

11-14-10 07:50 PM
    Don't worry, Amazon tends to way overestimate. He'll probably get an email in a few days that says "good news, your Torch is shipping."

My roomie just placed an order for the white torch and the "estimated delivery date" is Dec. 28th? O_O

11-14-10 10:47 PM
    Well, they're now listed as in stock, shipping in 24 h. So like I said, they tend to overestimate haha
    11-15-10 07:17 PM
    I ordered my white torch from amazon and it is just as heavy as the black one. When I ordered the est ship date was Dec 27 but I actually got it in 3 days. Super fast shipping.
    11-20-10 01:35 AM
    Well, they're now listed as in stock, shipping in 24 h. So like I said, they tend to overestimate haha
    Yea, she got it in about 3days
    11-20-10 10:16 AM
    I ordered my white torch from amazon and it is just as heavy as the black one.
    OK, color (no pun intended ) me confused. Were you expecting the white
    one to weigh LESS? Is black a denser, heavier color?
    11-20-10 10:41 AM
    Yes, you see, because black is a combination of all colors in the visible spectrum, you have the weight of all the color quarks (which make up color molecules) on the phone itself. Whereas white, which is the absence of color, does not have that extra weight caused by the quarks and thus color molecules. Less molecules = less weight.

11-20-10 05:41 PM
    Are there any downsides to buying this $0.01 phone as opposed to buying it at the store for $99.99? I'm eligible for an upgrade and wouldn't mind a free torch, are the contracts the same?
    11-20-10 05:53 PM
    Yes, you see, because black is a combination of all colors in the visible spectrum, you have the weight of all the color quarks (which make up color molecules) on the phone itself. Whereas white, which is the absence of color, does not have that extra weight caused by the quarks and thus color molecules. Less molecules = less weight.

I certainly hope that's sarcasm I'm reading.
    11-20-10 05:54 PM
    Are there any downsides to buying this $0.01 phone as opposed to buying it at the store for $99.99? I'm eligible for an upgrade and wouldn't mind a free torch, are the contracts the same?
    Only difference is if your on a grandfathered unlimited data plan you wont be able to switch to that again as amazon changes your plan. If your not and on a normal data plan then its exactly the same.

Also for anyone interested its only .01$ on a single plan, still 99$ for a family plan same as it is in the store.
    airattack111 likes this.
    11-20-10 05:56 PM
    Only difference is if your on a grandfathered unlimited data plan you wont be able to switch to that again as amazon changes your plan. If your not and on a normal data plan then its exactly the same.

Also for anyone interested its only .01$ on a single plan, still 99$ for a family plan same as it is in the store.

Mine is showing up as $48.88 for family plan upgrades and free for individual plan. I'm in California. Where are you that you are getting $99?
    11-21-10 07:33 PM

i'm sorry but i have to correct this misinformation about colors
    i believe the combination of all colors is GRAY!

Color and You
    11-21-10 07:49 PM
    Heh..thats actually quite interesting.
    11-27-10 08:39 PM

I ordered a white one on wirelfy nov 26 , it shipped today, i should have it by Monday,.with my grandfathered data plan intact/ATT told me if they screw it up you have thirty days to fix it. the phone was FREE!
    11-27-10 09:31 PM
    ^^ Did u get ur Torch today? Although Amazon estimated date was 12/28 my room mate got it 3days later

11-29-10 09:31 PM
    Last week.
    12-09-10 10:29 AM
    Okay, I have a couple questions, I got my charcoal one thru amazon 2 days ago because I didn't want to wait 1 to 2 weeks for white which is on backorder...can I go to ATT and swap it for a white one within 30 days or no since I got it through amazon? Also, is the white one as heavy and sturdy as the charcoal one or does it feel lighter and more plastic like? Thanks!!

I did that. Call amazonwireless and ask for an exchange. explainnthat that white was on back order

12-09-10 01:17 PM
    Lol that's wat I'm saying

12-09-10 01:19 PM
    The white one weighs less 'cause it reflects all frequencies of visible light
    12-17-10 06:20 AM

This only works with crayons

The spectrum of white light actually contains all colors (as evidenced by a prism breaking the colors down) where as black is the absence of all visible color
    Btw, only try this with Crayola crayons, Roseart ones suck!

12-17-10 06:42 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD