Hi -

I got my torch 2 days ago and its been fine but today the LED light won't stop flashing red. I've searched all over the web to find a solution but am totally stuck!

There are no new unread messages or missed phone calls so no reason for it to be flashing. I turned off the LED notification for everything in the profile I have the phone set to but it still won't stop. I tried turning the phone on and off and that didn't stop it.

Please can anybody help explain what I can do to make the silly thing stop flashing its really getting on my nerves now!!

Thanks
    06-25-11 04:34 AM
    Hold down the Left-alt, Right-shift and Right-delete at the same time.
    Sit back and watch it disappear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 06:30 AM
    hi!...im not a pro with blackberry but that also happend to me since i got the update to os6... my bb was just acting wierd and the led light will be flashing anytime for no reason...i took the battery out and when i put it back on it stoped....
    06-25-11 08:21 AM
    Suggestion - which is unrelated to the problem at hand but it will do what is recommended to try first, which is the battery pull.

There is an app called Meterberry which logs battery and memory on your device. So it's useful because of that. But the real reason I am bringing it up now is that it has a device reset function that you can use when you need to reset your device and you are uncoordinated and can't seen to manage the three finger salute (which is my problem!)

With Meterberry you can either do random resets when needed and you can also set a particular time each day when your device can do a reset and you won't have to touch it. This is useful because doing a reset each morning clears up any apps or functions that may have gotten hung up as may have happened here, eating up your battery and causing memory leaks.

So...a seemingly unrelated suggestion to a problem you're experiencing.
    06-25-11 08:33 AM
    LEDReset � RIMGeeks OTA

That should probably stop the LED when it gets stuck. It is not a new issue with blackberry smartphones.
    06-25-11 09:32 AM
    LEDReset � RIMGeeks OTA

That should probably stop the LED when it gets stuck. It is not a new issue with blackberry smartphones.
    I did find that app, but I had to fix your link first. Thanks for the post tho!
    07-25-12 05:55 PM
    did a battery pull, and everything was back to normal.
    08-07-12 12:23 AM
    did not work for me :S
    04-11-13 03:20 PM
    Doing a battery pull should stop the problem, but sometimes it could also be because there are updates for your apps which may not appear on the notifications menu. Try having a look in Blackberry World.
    Other than that, usually the light would stop flashing after awhile.. If not a battery pull would usually do the trick
    04-19-13 08:28 PM
    Hi -

I got my torch 2 days ago and its been fine but today the LED light won't stop flashing red. I've searched all over the web to find a solution but am totally stuck!

There are no new unread messages or missed phone calls so no reason for it to be flashing. I turned off the LED notification for everything in the profile I have the phone set to but it still won't stop. I tried turning the phone on and off and that didn't stop it.

Please can anybody help explain what I can do to make the silly thing stop flashing its really getting on my nerves now!!

Thanks
    Just to let you know all that is a coverage led light to tell your signal eg turn your signal of it stops go to options screen display and turn led coverage of
    09-29-14 07:08 PM
    Go to options then go to display in there you will find network cover led simply turn it of
    09-29-14 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD