I have been on blackberry since the scroll-wheel and am an avid fan but I dislike the phone/OS. Hopefully some of my concerns can be addressed in this forum and hopefully others can be fixed by RIM.

1. IT LAGS - everything on this phone lags so much. Just checking an email lags. Scrolling through ANYTHING lags. Brings back bad memories of when I got the Storm when it first came out.

2. When I'm reading through e-mails (when the slide-keyboard is closed) i cant hit the B button to go to the bottom or the T button to get to the top. I also cant press the space bar button read page by page. This also applies to when I am using the browser.

3. I use the locked keyboard mode (its great for shortcuts). When I press the B button now it brings me to bloomberg? and not the browser. Is there a new browser shortcut button?

4. Only 1 convenience key. The bold had 2. This is big especially bc sliding down the keyboard is a *****. I like to have my camera set as the convenience key but I also need a way to get to my bbm with 1 touch. (without sliding down the keyboard).

5. I bought that flamboyant looking bluetooth "the stone". It actually feels great and the calls seem to be sounding/working great but the selling point was that i can listen to music through it. This works for a few minutes then the music starts lagging/cutting out.

6. When I press the top toolbar (where it shows message and bbm) it brings a screen that is completely useless and actually annoying. It should bring up my message box or bbm whichever i click on.

7. On the regular screen the blackberry button should just open the tray. I shouldn't have to press it twice (maybe i just need to get used to this).

8. How do I slide the screen up without touching the screen (getting it dirty) or not accidentally pressing a button.

9. Say I get 10 new emails, then I click on my messages box. The last e-mail I read (10 down) still stays highlighted. It should automatically revert to newest message!

10. Sometimes when I have to confirm something (like deletion) the touchscreen doesnt work. I have to click the trackpad.

11. Where are the themes? I need my calendar on my homepage!

I think a lot of my problems arise because when the keyboard is closed its difficult to operate the phone with one hand.

Appreciate any feedback/help/suggestions.
    08-13-10 10:36 AM
    2. When I'm reading through e-mails (when the slide-keyboard is closed) i cant hit the B button to go to the bottom or the T button to get to the top. I also cant press the space bar button read page by page. This also applies to when I am using the browser.
    Just checking - do you have "Enable Keyboard shortcuts" ticked in Browser options?

...unless I was reading wrong... I went back and figure you are saying that there "is no B or T or Space Bar" when the slider is closed because it's hidden...

I've gotten used to that by just swiping (is that the term?) my finger up and down the page. It's speed sensitive so the faster you go, the more accelerated it is...
    Last edited by mykey2k; 08-13-10 at 11:01 AM. Reason: ...wanted to...
    08-13-10 10:54 AM
    7. On the regular screen the blackberry button should just open the tray. I shouldn't have to press it twice (maybe i just need to get used to this).
    Tap the "title" where it says "All/Favorites/Downloads/Frequent" and it will maximize, which is what the "Open Tray" option does.
    08-13-10 10:57 AM
    Just checking - do you have "Enable Keyboard shortcuts" ticked in Browser options?

...unless I was reading wrong... I went back and figure you are saying that there "is no B or T or Space Bar" when the slider is closed because it's hidden...

I've gotten used to that by just swiping (is that the term?) my finger up and down the page. It's speed sensitive so the faster you go, the more accelerated it is...
    Yes, I do have it enabled. But when reading an e-mail and the keyboard is closed I cant do this!
    08-13-10 11:02 AM
    RIM brought the phone to the table. Of course it's going to take some getting used to, but I've found that after just a day's use, I'm much faster zipping around than I was on my 9700.
    08-13-10 11:07 AM
    I'm wondering if a OS wipe and reinstall would help people with lag issues?

My Torch does not lag at all - now keep in mind I haven't really installed any additional apps yet and I only have an Exchange email account setup, but still. The performance is just as good as my Bold 9700 and not any noticeably worse then my Samsung Captivate...

There is one thing that bugs me though, but I'm positive its more glitch or even by design then "lag". When I swipe left to right between the categories there is a very slight "hesitation". It happens every single time though, so I can't imagine its anything but on purpose - its reason is unknown to me though?
    08-13-10 11:08 AM
    Where is the "Rant and Raves" section when you need one.
    08-13-10 11:17 AM
    Yes, I do have it enabled. But when reading an e-mail and the keyboard is closed I cant do this!
    On my Storm, I could assign the convenience key to "Virtual Keyboard" to instantly bring that up (and hide it when I'm done). It's tremendously helpful when web browsing, where I can instantly scroll to the top or bottom of the page in just a couple clicks. Check and see if that's still an option with OS6.

As for your Bluetooth issue, are you using the headset outside? By my experience, they simply don't seem to work as well outside as they do inside.
    Last edited by Masahiro; 08-13-10 at 11:25 AM.
    08-13-10 11:18 AM
    I do not understand these "lag" issues. I have had my phone for over 24 hgours and not seen the first hourglass. It seems to be as fast as my 9700 and after I get used to the new OS, I suspect it will get what I need done faster.

If you do not like, return to AT&T and they will refund your money.
    08-13-10 11:28 AM
    Did you really think your BB experience would change? No Seriously did you genuinely think because your getting a new BB with a touch screen and OS 6 your BB experience was going to change magically????? Come on!!! you bought a BB. You expected to much from a company that has given its customers to little to late. And besides you bought a new phone when it first came out. Every new phone has problems. Besides you didn't play with the phone long enough to figure out it's short comings? Cry me a river! What at Noob
    08-13-10 11:30 AM
    I have Google Sync on my 9800, and am now wondering if that is causing some of the lag issues. Albeit, it's not often, but visible nonetheless...

I do not understand these "lag" issues. I have had my phone for over 24 hgours and not seen the first hourglass. It seems to be as fast as my 9700 and after I get used to the new OS, I suspect it will get what I need done faster.

If you do not like, return to AT&T and they will refund your money.
    08-13-10 11:32 AM

1. IT LAGS - everything on this phone lags so much. Just checking an email lags. Scrolling through ANYTHING lags. Brings back bad memories of when I got the Storm when it first came out.
    I have quite a few apps installed and 6 email accounts set up on mine and there's absolutely no lag at all. Everything scrolls and swipes smooth as butter.

Either swipe fast the way you want to go or keep the keyboard open. Simple.

3. I use the locked keyboard mode (its great for shortcuts). When I press the B button now it brings me to bloomberg? and not the browser. Is there a new browser shortcut button?
    Browser comes up for me when I press B, but that could be from importing my preferences from my Bold.

6. When I press the top toolbar (where it shows message and bbm) it brings a screen that is completely useless and actually annoying. It should bring up my message box or bbm whichever i click on.
    It brings up the calendar, which is what you mentioned in needing themes.

Just a different feature, not everything is going to be exactly the same.

8. How do I slide the screen up without touching the screen (getting it dirty) or not accidentally pressing a button.
    I'm able to do it fairly easily by holding the phone in my hand and pushing up on the chrome bezel below the buttons with my thumb.

9. Say I get 10 new emails, then I click on my messages box. The last e-mail I read (10 down) still stays highlighted. It should automatically revert to newest message!
    Should in your opinion. You'll notice after a while that things usually revert to last read or last used, that's usually easier for most people.

10. Sometimes when I have to confirm something (like deletion) the touchscreen doesnt work. I have to click the trackpad.
    I've noticed this a few times as well. Not a big deal to me, doesn't bother me at all.

11. Where are the themes? I need my calendar on my homepage!
    Themes will be coming once a theme creator is created for the OS. Also see #6.

I think a lot of my problems arise because when the keyboard is closed its difficult to operate the phone with one hand.
    It's a new form factor for most of us, of course it's going to take some getting used to. I'm finding it getting easier to use with one had with the keyboard open.
    08-13-10 11:40 AM
    RIM brought the phone to the table. Of course it's going to take some getting used to, but I've found that after just a day's use, I'm much faster zipping around than I was on my 9700.
    I wish I could say the same here. I switched from the 9000 where I was able to access and do every thing lightning fast. Now I'm lost. Am sure I'll get used to it as time passes, but no question I'm going to miss the easy access to the keyboard and the PockeDay shortcuts.
    08-13-10 11:46 AM

It has a touchscreen.. it's meant to be touched! but if you really need to be told, how about grabbing it from the side?

my personal phone is a slider and it has a non-touchscreen display and I touch the screen all the time to slide it up. I did the same with the nokia 8800. you'll get use to it!

otherwise, im more than intrigued to see if anyone else has any other ways of opening like saying open sesame!. can the phones momentum when swung (without letting go of course) cause the screen to open up :P i enjoyed doing that with my old nokia. can't do the same with my current slider phone tho.
    08-13-10 11:50 AM
    Some of the "why i dont like the Torch" items that were listed are USER ERROR.....NOT the device! its really not that difficult.... its called adapting to a new device... maybe its too much for you...just sayin
    08-13-10 11:51 AM
    Some of the "why i dont like the Torch" items that were listed are USER ERROR.....NOT the device! its really not that difficult.... its called adapting to a new device... maybe its too much for you...just sayin
    Same thing they said about the storm.
    08-13-10 11:54 AM
    Life will be simpler if the PHONE choses the Human and not the other way around..
    iphone 4 will say = 10 things i hate about him, fat, smelly, hairy, no job, no money blah blah
    Torch will say = 10 things i hate about her, too skinny, pretending to be blond only known word is OMG OMG!, doesn't care about charging her gadgets,
    08-13-10 12:03 PM
    This thread sure has a lot of trolling going on for someone just looking for suggestions...
    08-13-10 12:04 PM
    I think Rim got into a bad spot here. There are few simple issues. First they used a smaller touch screen wich requires very precise touch. I have found allot of things going out of control because of delayed registered taps or simply put the screen is to tight in certain areas and then my finger touches several things instead of one, and then several unwanted things occur instead of what I need. The new os interface is also very busy so to speak. I don't mean on a cpu side either i mean with what it tries to put infront of you. Many have screamed for social network integration and such and well they got it. I am coming away from this with a feeling that may have been one of the worst things for Blackberry or at the least how they did it here. I am sure some will totally disagree but that is just my opinion.

To say the user should adapt is some what foolish. To be honest my way of adapting will be to go back and get the andriod i just returned for this thing. My biggest grip with the android was an email problem. But atleast i got what i wanted when i wanted it fron the user interface.
    08-13-10 12:08 PM
    If you read it i don't think he is asking for suggestions just voiceing a rant about somethings that are bothering him. I can certainly relate. I know no device was perfect but I had pretty decent expectations. I am blown away by how much i feel like i would prefer my old 9000 or the Adroid i tried. I am trying to stick it out and give it more of a chance though
    08-13-10 12:11 PM
    If you read it i don't think he is asking for suggestions just voiceing a rant about somethings that are bothering him.
    Hopefully some of my concerns can be addressed in this forum and hopefully others can be fixed by RIM.

Appreciate any feedback/help/suggestions.
    Posting about problems does not automatically mean ranting.
    08-13-10 12:17 PM
    ok well thx for the Nice post. I guess I need to practice my reading comprehension. Lol
    08-13-10 12:24 PM
    Is there any way I can just have the "All" screen/tab. I dont need the other ones
    08-13-10 12:26 PM
    If you get an answer to that i really want to know as well. That is on of my biggest annoyances as well
    08-13-10 12:28 PM
    Is there any way I can just have the "All" screen/tab. I dont need the other ones
    +1

Currently not configurable.
    08-13-10 12:29 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD