Definitely a critic...

I hate the idea. In my opinion, it will probably be one of the most sold BlackBerry Smartphones. People will buy it because 'hey, it slides.' Its probably one of the worst ideas since the 8200.

It takes away the ease of access like regular BlackBerrys (8900, 9700, 9600). And its also just another thing to fix. The wheels that make it slide will crack, break, fall out, any possible way, especially if its used as a business phone. People enter and exit their BlackBerry numerous times every five minutes.

BAD IDEA!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-10 11:28 PM
    You will never know until you get your hands on one! I personally hate sliders but.. If its as good as I dream about.. I WILL be buying one...ahh wait never mind I'm on sprint.. Ah well ill wait for a new android release..I love my 8530 but I would love to get mt hands on some kind of new os!

03-10-10 01:39 AM
    i'm not a fan of sliders but a lot of people like them so i guess as long as there is a market for them, why not? as long as it's not the only choice i'm good!
    03-10-10 01:42 AM
    I'm not sure the original Magnum -- essentially a 9000 with its display a touch screen and no trackball -- was such a bad idea. I use my 9000 just as you describe, and the Magnum would have been just dandy for those purposes. But I also like the idea of a bigger screen for me fadin' eyesight, so I will roll with the slider when it comes out.
    03-10-10 01:42 PM
    This guy needs to get off his **** and post a picture of the back of the slider
    03-10-10 02:01 PM
    This guy needs to get off his **** and post a picture of the back of the slider
    exactly.....where is the video already. And why does this device just "happen" to have a dead battery???

SMH
    03-10-10 03:22 PM
    I think a slider phone is the best of both worlds. You get a big screen like an iphone or storm, and you get a physical keyboard with tactile feedback. I'll buy this phone in a heartbeat.

Concerning the longevity of the slider mechanism: I used to be worried about this too until I saw my 14yr old daughter with an LG Rumour. She would open and close this phone for hours at a time just for fun while watching TV. It was dropped several times a day, and until it actually fell into a lake, kept working great. The slider mechanism was still tight after thousands of uses.
    03-10-10 03:27 PM
    i thought the same thing when I saw the slider. Hate them. I would never own any kind of slider phone
    03-10-10 05:26 PM
    +1 for ban the slider-that is one ugly phone
    03-10-10 06:43 PM
    Face it, the way txting has exploded on our society, a slider is not functional. The way I see people using their cells, a nice keyboard is a must in my eyes, And not one that slides out. People will be using rubber bands to keep them in place.

03-10-10 07:10 PM
    I think the slider idea is great as long as the phone is fully usable in the closed mode. That means it needs to have a touch screen keyboard in both landscape and portrait modes when the keyboard closed a lot like the storm today has.

This would allow the phone to do a lot of things quick txt message with out sliding keyboard but when longer emails and messages they can kick out the slider and use the hardware keyboard. This also allows the keyboard to be in use with out eating up valuable screen space. And then close is when done so the phone would still be a reasonable size.

03-10-10 09:07 PM
    RIM is turning into a company that everyone is purchasing from, Blackberries are popping up all over the place, There becoming more consumer oriented. It started off as adult and business, now its turning young and playful.
    Well....that's the way I see it.
    03-10-10 10:26 PM
    As long as its a touch screen I'm good

03-11-10 01:25 AM
    I would love a vertical slider berry. If they can somehow not sacrifice on keyboard quality of the fretted models and still keep the whole thing relatively slim, I'm all for it. I would love to surf on a big screen, but can't stand virtual keyboards and can fly on my Tour keyboard. A slider is the best of both worlds for me.
    03-11-10 01:44 PM
    I agree with the touch screen for use in the closed mode. That would be a nice touch.(pun intended)
    03-11-10 01:49 PM
    Having a giant screen like a Storm *and* an awesome physical keyboard like a Tour is a genuine selling point... much more than just a "hey--it slides!" fun factor.
    03-11-10 04:06 PM
    Everyone said the Porsche boxster was the stupidest thing porsche has ever built. It was against everthing porsches were known for. Now look at them. The stupid SUV and ****ty boxster are everywhere. Best selling cars on their line up. Everyone laughs at people who buy them but I'm sure porsche is laughing all the way back to the bank.

The slider will be the same way.
    03-11-10 06:23 PM
    will be hard to type on..my bold 9700 was hard but wih that top heavy slider up..lmao...
    03-11-10 10:33 PM
    I don"t think its gonna be top heavy
    03-11-10 11:56 PM
    I'm looking forward to this. It's not like slider technology is new and untested and they are jumping in too early and it's not like most people need a phone to last more than a couple of years the way we upgrade. I liked the Storm screen and usage...until I had to type on the screen. This would be great to have that option there when you need it.

will be hard to type on..my bold 9700 was hard but wih that top heavy slider up..lmao...
    If you have trouble balancing a couple of ounces in your hand, you need to hit the gym...
    03-12-10 12:15 AM
    ...lmao...
    I love how you magically already have weighed the top of the phone without it being released or even the specs of the phone being fully released yet.
    03-12-10 12:54 PM
    I personally don't like the slider design. I love that I can pull my BB out of my Otterbox holster and start typing away without having to slide it open. Plus, I think a sliding phone would be difficult to protect with something like the Otterbox since the case couldn't fully wrap around the phone. The fact that the case wraps all the way around the phone ensures that it will not come off/apart in the event that the phone is dropped. The biggest reason I chose my Curve 8900 instead of replacing my stolen iPhone is the durability and availability of replacement parts. I think adding a slider mechanism just adds one more thing to go wrong.
    03-12-10 06:40 PM
    I see they are trying to cover all areas of the mobile market but the slider just isn't for me. I really am glad and hope it's true this isn't part of the Storm series
    03-12-10 08:05 PM
    A slides device from RIM is going to be weird at first but I thonl that it will be a hit. As soon as proletarian start buying them and vouching for its worth, other people will quickly jump on the bandwagon. I would like to haveit in my hands before I judge it though. It could be the coolest BlackBerry ever

03-15-10 12:54 AM
    Certainly with it being a portrait one you should get the benefits of a normal blackberry such as a good keyboard that you can either use with one or both hands (unlike a landscape slider) and you get a larger touchscreen for things like browsing and any uses where the keyboard isn't essential.
    03-15-10 04:34 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD